I'm up late waiting

Old November 3rd 04, 07:41 PM
emilymr

I am right on target with my losing streak... Last time I voted for
Nader; this time I really wanted Kucinich (although those on-line
pick-your-candidate websites always had me pegged for Al Sharpton!! haha).
All last night, I was having alternative nightmares about Ohio and going
into labor.

Em
baby boy, due Nov. 18

Old November 3rd 04, 09:24 PM
Zaz

I don't mean to intrude... I am a Canadian and did not have a say in the
U.S. elections (although they are bound to have an impact on my life).
However, the way this discussion seems to be going reminds me of a very
similar one, 4 years ago, on the Weight Watchers newsgroup.

People on the ng started to discuss Gore vs Bush personality, politics,
etc., and it rapidly descended to very emotional levels... And these people
are not pregnant!

I should say I must commend Americans for their turn-out at this election,
it was a great feat of democracy. As for the results, congrats to those who
won, my heart to those who lost... So please, there are politics ng, and I
thing they would be better suited for anything like that.

Then again, it's really none of my business, and I apologise again for
intruding. I just hate to see people fighting over something that can't be
changed (that's the Canadian strike in me, I guess).

Isabelle.

"firedancer623" wrote in message

"Christine" wrote in message
I'm very worried about the US as well, that is why I voted for Bush..

Wow, I just don't get how people are actually in support of him. I guess
if you enjoy living in a country on a course of destruction. Dedicated to
smashing gays, eradicating woman's rights, absorbing the HUGE deficit,
invading countries whenever they feel like it, taxing the middle class so
the rich get richer...need i go on?

People are so fearful of change. It's sad. I heard something really true
today - "we get upset about muslim fundamentalists but the Christian
fundamentalists in our country have just taken us into the Twilight zone"

What a sad, sad, day it is.

Old November 3rd 04, 10:34 PM
Circe

firedancer623 wrote:
"Christine" wrote in message
I'm very worried about the US as well, that is why I voted for
Bush..

Wow, I just don't get how people are actually in support of him. I
guess if you enjoy living in a country on a course of destruction.
Dedicated to smashing gays, eradicating woman's rights, absorbing
the HUGE deficit, invading countries whenever they feel like it,
taxing the middle class so the rich get richer...need i go on?

Well, it's worse than that, actually. We've got an Administration fighting
the so-called "War on Terror" that fundamentally misunderstands the
terrorist threat and thinks it's about "rogue states" instead of independent
operators and therefore is doing things that are making terrorism worse, not
better. (Anyone who thinks we're winning should look at the statistics.
There have been 18 major Al-Qaeda attacks since 9/11, including 9/11. From
1993 to 9/11, there were 5. If this is winning, I'd hate to see what losing
looks like!)

People are so fearful of change. It's sad. I heard something really
true today - "we get upset about muslim fundamentalists but the
Christian fundamentalists in our country have just taken us into
the Twilight zone"

What a sad, sad, day it is.

I hear you. I am struggling with serious grief issues today. As I told my
husband, I did expect Bush to win but it's like the death of a loved one
with a terminal illness: you knew it was coming, but it still hurts! I've
been trying not to listen to the news and analysis too much: it depresses
me.
--
Be well, Barbara
Mom to Sin (Vernon, 2), Misery (Aurora, 5), and the Rising Son (Julian, 7)

There is no joy in Mudville...

Old November 3rd 04, 10:37 PM
Carol Ann

I'm guilty of being happy about the election, but my vote did'nt do a
thing because my state lost it's butt to Kerry..;(

Our state won to Bush but my count lost to Kerry.

_ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _!

~Carol Ann

Old November 3rd 04, 10:51 PM
Leslie

All last night, I was having alternative nightmares about Ohio and going
into labor.

I dreamed about Ohio too. Gotta hate it when your nightmares come true. :-(

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 3rd 04, 10:58 PM
Nan

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:24:55 GMT, "firedancer623"
scribbled:

"Christine" wrote in message
I'm very worried about the US as well, that is why I voted for Bush..

Wow, I just don't get how people are actually in support of him. I guess if
you enjoy living in a country on a course of destruction. Dedicated to
smashing gays, eradicating woman's rights, absorbing the HUGE deficit,
invading countries whenever they feel like it, taxing the middle class so
the rich get richer...need i go on?

And I could go on a tirade about Kerry, but I won't ;-)

I don't see how anyone should give anyone grief over their vote.

People are so fearful of change. It's sad. I heard something really true
today - "we get upset about muslim fundamentalists but the Christian
fundamentalists in our country have just taken us into the Twilight zone"

What a sad, sad, day it is.

Of ffs. I'm tired of people moping around as if the world has ended.

Nan
Old November 3rd 04, 11:08 PM
emilymr

"I should say I must commend Americans for their turn-out at this election,
it was a great feat of democracy."

I agree with you here. Hopefully this continues! And as much as I can't
stand Bush's policies and think that he's taking the country down the
toilet, I have to concede that he *won* the popular vote (this time), and
since we live in a democracy I'll just have to deal with the fact that the
majority of voting Americans don't agree with me.

Em (wanting to go back into her little Santa Cruz bubble....
baby boy, due Nov. 18

Old November 3rd 04, 11:08 PM
Leslie

I've
been trying not to listen to the news and analysis too much: it depresses
me.

That's me too; I couldn't bear to listen to the concession speech. :-( I heard
it was great, though.

Old November 3rd 04, 11:11 PM
firedancer623

"Leslie" wrote in message
I've
been trying not to listen to the news and analysis too much: it depresses
me.

That's me too; I couldn't bear to listen to the concession speech. :-( I
heard
it was great, though.

It was. Made me cry though Im just so - scared.

Kari

Old November 3rd 04, 11:13 PM
Circe

Nan wrote:
Of ffs. I'm tired of people moping around as if the world has
ended.

Are you saying you don't think those who believe Kerry is a dangerous
traitor would not be similarly unhappy if *he* had won?

People are entitled to their feelings about this election, and are entitled
to express them. The world may not have ended, but don't deny those of us
who feel strongly that Kerry would have made a fine president and that Bush
has already shown himself to be a miserable one our feelings or complain
when we express them. The other side is perfectly free to express its
jubilance, after all.

Query : Late Period Kazh Pregnancy 20 July 26th 04 04:31 PM
Ashley's Birth Story (a bit late) LONG kandie s Pregnancy 3 May 16th 04 05:53 PM
How do you manage late pregnancy exams? Shelly Pregnancy 24 January 24th 04 01:58 AM
being late Robyn Kozierok General (moderated) 27 September 2nd 03 02:09 PM
Too late to correct a bad latch? ted Breastfeeding 5 July 11th 03 08:58 PM