VACCINES: THE PRICE MAY BE TOO HIGH by Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby

Old September 16th 03, 12:13 PM
Jeff

Default VACCINES: THE PRICE MAY BE TOO HIGH by Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby

Garbage Deleted.

This is an ad for a homeopathic book. How stupid can you be?

Jeff

Old September 16th 03, 01:49 PM
Mark Probert

"Jeff" wrote in message
Garbage Deleted.

This is an ad for a homeopathic book. How stupid can you be?

I do not know how stupid he is, as he broke my last stupidometer...but,
John's website has one of the most ironic pages in all of usenet.

email me for details. A guaranteed laugher.

Old September 17th 03, 02:33 PM
D. C. Sessions

In , john wrote:

The Federal government VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting
System) was established by the US Congress under the National
Childhood Vaccine Injury Compensation Act of 1986. It receives about
11,000 reports of serious adverse reactions to vaccinations annually,
which include as many as one to two hundred deaths, and several times
that number of permanent disabilities. VAERS officials tell us that
15% of reported adverse events are "serious" (meaning: hospitalization
for a serious life-threatening emergency and/or death). Yet the FDA
estimates that as few as 1% of serious adverse reactions to vaccines
are reported and the Center for Disease Control admits that only about
10% of such events are reported. In other words, over 90% of vaccine
related deaths and disabilities go unreported (99% if the FDA is
correct).

So -- 11,000. Multiply by seven to account for the argument that
15% are serious and you get 77,000. Multiply again by 100 to account
for only 1% being reported and you get 7.7 million per year in the
USA, or about two for every child born.

The amount of cover-up required is mind-boggling, isn't it?

--
| Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make |
| it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay |
Old September 18th 03, 02:28 PM
D. C. Sessions

In , PF Riley wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:33:54 -0700, "D. C. Sessions"
wrote:

In , john wrote:

[...]

Um. Nice try, but you would multiply 11,000 by 0.15, not 7.

Nope -- the "reports of serious adverse reactions" are 11,000
and "15% of reported adverse events" are "serious" so total
reported adverse events must be 11,000/15%

Old September 18th 03, 10:27 PM
PF Riley

wrote:

In , john wrote:

[...]

I see where the problem lies. VAERS receives a total of 11,000 total
reports annually, of which 15% are considered serious. The original
anti-vac liar should have said "11,000 reports of adverse reactions,"
not "11,000 reports of serious adverse reactions."

See: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss5201a1.htm

Excerpts:

During [Jan] 1991--[Dec] 2001, VAERS received 128,717 reports...

(An average of 11,702 per year.)

A total of 14.2% of all reports described serious adverse events,
which by regulatory definition include death, life-threatening
illness, hospitalization or prolongation of hospitalization, or
permanent disability.

PF
Old September 19th 03, 03:00 PM
Jeff

"D. C. Sessions" wrote in message
In , PF Riley wrote:

I see where the problem lies. VAERS receives a total of 11,000 total
reports annually, of which 15% are considered serious. The original
anti-vac liar should have said "11,000 reports of adverse reactions,"
not "11,000 reports of serious adverse reactions."

Care to bet that the original wording will continue to spread
and the correction never heard again?

Considering that they are calling an adverse event an adverse reaction to
the vaccine (the idea is to get all reports that *might* be related to the
vaccine, even though most events that occur after giving a vaccine may be
just coincidence), the truth does not seem important to them or even
understanding the problem properly (of course, they do understand the
problem, but that understanding is based on false impressions).

Jeff

Old September 20th 03, 04:55 AM
PF Riley

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:27:40 -0700, "D. C. Sessions"
wrote:

In , PF Riley wrote:

I see where the problem lies. VAERS receives a total of 11,000 total
reports annually, of which 15% are considered serious. The original
anti-vac liar should have said "11,000 reports of adverse reactions,"
not "11,000 reports of serious adverse reactions."

Care to bet that the original wording will continue to spread
and the correction never heard again?

I wouldn't bet against you on that one.

PF