Dena Rollo

Old May 24th 06, 04:44 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Default Dena Rollo

For old-timers on the misc.kids newsgroups...Dena Rollo passed away this
last weekend. She was a regular poster from about 1992 to 1996. She died of
leukemia. She is survived by her husband Michael, and her daughter, Isabel,
age 13.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old May 25th 06, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Claire Petersky wrote:
For old-timers on the misc.kids newsgroups...Dena Rollo passed away this
last weekend. She was a regular poster from about 1992 to 1996. She died of
leukemia. She is survived by her husband Michael, and her daughter, Isabel,
age 13.

It's odd that I should check out misc.kids today for the first time in
many years. I was wondering if the folks from that period would be here.
I was here from about 1988 to about 1994.

Thank you for passing on the sad news. How old are your kids now? My
daughters are 17 and 14.

Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy

Old May 25th 06, 10:37 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

"Tom Reingold" wrote in message
. ..
Claire Petersky wrote:
For old-timers on the misc.kids newsgroups...Dena Rollo passed away this
last weekend. She was a regular poster from about 1992 to 1996. She died
of leukemia. She is survived by her husband Michael, and her daughter,
Isabel, age 13.

It's odd that I should check out misc.kids today for the first time in
many years. I was wondering if the folks from that period would be here. I
was here from about 1988 to about 1994.

Thank you for passing on the sad news. How old are your kids now? My
daughters are 17 and 14.

My girls are 11 and 13. Emma's gone today on the 5th grade overnight field
trip, a Big Deal if there ever was one.

Old May 26th 06, 01:34 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Hi Claire,

Thanks for passing this on. I remember Dena very well. I was a regular
poster from 1992 - 1998, I was "The Only Anne" to Shannon.

Like Tom, I checked the group for the first time in years today.

Dena will be in my prayers.

Anne Robotti
(Still "The Only Anne" to Shannon, now 17 (!) also Mom now to Brooke
(9), Charlie (7), Victoria (4) and Grace (2)

Old May 27th 06, 07:17 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

I too remember Dena well. I was saddened to hear of her passing. How
hard that must be for her family.

Anne Robotti
(Still "The Only Anne" to Shannon, now 17 (!) also Mom now to Brooke
(9), Charlie (7), Victoria (4) and Grace (2)

Wow, Anne!

I was also a regular poster in the mid-90's, probably around 1993-1997
or so. I'm now mom to 3 boys, ages 5, 10 and 12. There were only 2 in
my misc.kids days. ;-)

--Robyn

Old May 28th 06, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

"Dawn" wrote in message
oups.com...

Me too. I hope someone is in touch with her husband and can point him
to the google search engine -- her posts are so full of her love for
her kids and her wit. It would be a neat thing to print/archive them
for her family to read at some point.

A group of us has already done this -- put together a book of posts that she
made -- for Isabel.

Old May 29th 06, 03:14 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

"Dawn" wrote in message
oups.com...

Claire Petersky wrote:

A group of us has already done this -- put together a book of posts that
she
made -- for Isabel.

That's wonderful.

I see I said "kids" -- my mistake. For some reason I had a second
daughter in my head but I see in my photoalbums that Isabel was an
only. I remember now, I think, discussing onlies with her.

If you, or for that matter, anyone else, has email correspondence that you'd
like to share for the project, please email it to me and I'll forward it to
the people working on this.

Oh what the heck, I'll include this link, too:
http://www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06, even though the event ended a
while back. Dena wrote that her best hope was research -- it's too bad she
didn't live long enough to see that through.

Old May 30th 06, 07:33 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

I'm sorry Dawn, Henry is NOT 13. Isn't he 5? Wasn't it just yesterday
that we talked about him going to Kindergarten?

You are so confused!

Anne

Old May 30th 06, 07:34 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Hi Robyn!

Yup, those were the days, weren't they?

I feel like I have a lot more kids when I have to start typing their
names and ages out. People are always like, "Get a TV!"

I remember one thread we all shared with Dena, or at least I think it
was Dena. Everybody in Isabelle's class had been invited to a birthday
party except Isabelle. I remember reading the post in tears. We all
cared so much about each other back then, in that group. Every once in
a while I still think of Roger Hunt, or Julia, or Naomi Pardue and
wonder what happened to them.

Anne

Dena Rollo Claire Petersky General 17 June 11th 06 07:03 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 October 19th 05 05:36 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 August 30th 05 05:26 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM