Dena Rollo

Old May 31st 06, 03:31 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Default Dena Rollo

Anne wrote:
I'm sorry Dawn, Henry is NOT 13. Isn't he 5? Wasn't it just yesterday
that we talked about him going to Kindergarten?

Then who is this person taking up my WHOLE couch and eating 6 cupcakes
before lunch?

:-)

-Dawn
Who also gets nostalgic for those days... I haven't lost the need for
support and advice, but as kids get older and active online one picks
and chooses what one is willing to discuss about them online. Reading
those old posts it's remarkable how I used to define "big problem"

Old May 31st 06, 06:51 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

In article .com, Dawn says...

Anne wrote:
I'm sorry Dawn, Henry is NOT 13. Isn't he 5? Wasn't it just yesterday
that we talked about him going to Kindergarten?

Then who is this person taking up my WHOLE couch and eating 6 cupcakes
before lunch?

Must be my kid. Send him back up here.

Banty

Old May 31st 06, 11:59 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Dawn wrote:
Anne wrote:

I'm sorry Dawn, Henry is NOT 13. Isn't he 5? Wasn't it just yesterday
that we talked about him going to Kindergarten?

Then who is this person taking up my WHOLE couch and eating 6 cupcakes
before lunch?

I don't know, but Henry is 9. I'm sure Henry is 9. Banty's son is
also 9.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old May 31st 06, 11:59 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Tom Reingold wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:
For old-timers on the misc.kids newsgroups...Dena Rollo passed away this
last weekend. She was a regular poster from about 1992 to 1996. She died of
leukemia. She is survived by her husband Michael, and her daughter, Isabel,
age 13.

It's odd that I should check out misc.kids today for the first time in
many years. I was wondering if the folks from that period would be here.
I was here from about 1988 to about 1994.

Thank you for passing on the sad news. How old are your kids now? My
daughters are 17 and 14.

Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy

Mine are now 20 and 16....college/high school sophomores respectively.

I took a break from Usenet sometime around early 2004 until a few
months ago. Some folks remember, but my DH died suddenly and
unexpectedly on May 21, 2003 (cardiac arrest, age 41), so we've just
passed the three-year mark for that. Moved from Joisey to PA six
months before that.

Leah

Old May 31st 06, 02:56 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

In article , Penny Gaines says...

Dawn wrote:
Anne wrote:

I'm sorry Dawn, Henry is NOT 13. Isn't he 5? Wasn't it just yesterday
that we talked about him going to Kindergarten?

Then who is this person taking up my WHOLE couch and eating 6 cupcakes
before lunch?

I don't know, but Henry is 9. I'm sure Henry is 9. Banty's son is
also 9.

Uhn-huh.

Also, keep in mind that I'm 35 :-)

Banty

Old June 1st 06, 03:18 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Dawn wrote:
Anne wrote:

I'm sorry Dawn, Henry is NOT 13. Isn't he 5? Wasn't it just yesterday
that we talked about him going to Kindergarten?

Then who is this person taking up my WHOLE couch and eating 6 cupcakes
before lunch?

I don't know, but Henry is 9. I'm sure Henry is 9. Banty's son is
also 9.

Well, if that's the case, then Daniel's only 12.....but I think he's
been the one eating the cupcakes, too.

Uhn-huh.

Also, keep in mind that I'm 35 :-)

You, too? :-)

Leah

Old June 11th 06, 07:03 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids

Anne wrote:
Yup, those were the days, weren't they?

I remember one thread we all shared with Dena, or at least I think it
was Dena. Everybody in Isabelle's class had been invited to a birthday
party except Isabelle. I remember reading the post in tears. We all
cared so much about each other back then, in that group. Every once in
a while I still think of Roger Hunt, or Julia, or Naomi Pardue and
wonder what happened to them.

(Catching up after a few busy weeks, just saw this thread)

Good to see your name again, Anne! Yours is one of the ones I think of
when I think of those days. I came to mk right about that time too,
with just one toddler to deal with. Graham is now almost 13 and Roger
is 10.

I rarely post now; as Dawn said, the nature of the things I'm willing
to discuss in "public" has changed over the years, and so have the
things that need discussion. I'm less likely to seek advice online (or
in general, I suppose). Plus my Usenet access has become more awkward
since I moved and changed providers about six years ago -- I ended up
having to post through Google, which is just awkward enough I'm less
likely to toss off quick, casual replies.

I spend just as much time online, but much more of that relates to my
professional work and hobbies and much less to talking about my kids.

--Robin

Dena Rollo Claire Petersky General 17 June 11th 06 07:03 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 October 19th 05 05:36 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 August 30th 05 05:26 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Prenatal Testing - Overview and Personal Stories [email protected] Pregnancy 0 July 31st 05 05:24 AM