Wrist Rattles

Old June 26th 04, 01:39 PM
Carol Ann

Default Wrist Rattles

Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/23bym ---Pictures!

Old June 26th 04, 01:55 PM
Nik

"Carol Ann"

Do you use them?

with Child 1 yes, lots of use.
with child 2 nope very little use.

At what age?
Child 1 hand ones were around 3 - 4 months old
Child 1 was walking around 9 months so that is when the feet one worked
Child 2 was about 2 1/2 to 4 months old for hand ones
Child 2 was about 4- 6 months for the feet ones (thou he didn't walk until
much much later and I tried again and he just refused outright )

Does your child like them?
Child 1 yes I think she did, then again maybe she just lacked the ability
to pull them off or complain about them.
Child 2 no he pulled them off all the time. (or sucked on them) He hated
them

What type?
Child 1 was a wrap around with velco fasting and had a little head on it
(like a pooh bear and the pooh bear rattled when arm moved )
Child 1 also had foot rattles so when she walked she rattled... She loved
them and wore them out. These were also pooh bear ones like socks but only
with a small head shape on top of foot that made the noise.
Child 2 didn't like the wrist ones. ( Like the pooh bear only another shape
and differnt sounding rattle) He was more happy to suck on them then
anything else.
Child 2 was into the foot rattles and often shook his legs and feet for a
while , but once he learnt to pull them off they didn't work. He thought
they were more fun throwing them around.

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

I found things that I could hang from the stroller like a spider that my
daughter could pull on and then it would wobble recoil up again and another
one (snail ) that when pulled his tail that would shake and rattle and go
back to his body.

Nik

Old June 26th 04, 02:18 PM
Manda

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Several people bought them for DS as gifts, but his wrists and ankles were
to fat for most of them by the time he was old enough to notice them. At day
care, they would wrap one around the center of his blanket (like a napkin
ring) and he would sit and stare at it and chew on it quite happily for
quite a while. He was probably around 4 months or so then.

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

We have these Lamaze brand things that wrap around the straps on the 5 point
harness. One is a giraffe head that doesn't go anywhere and the other is a
hippo that can be pulled of the strap but is held on by a short string. It
has little teething nubbies on it. DS has liked those since he was a couple
months old and still likes them. We use them in the car seat and stroller.

Old June 26th 04, 02:51 PM
Mary W.

Carol Ann wrote:
Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/23bym ---Pictures!

We had the foot ones that she never got interested in. Her
favorite things were the plastic rings that Sassy makes that
you use to connect the toys to the carseat/stroller/whatever.
No toys, just rings.

Mary

Old June 26th 04, 03:07 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Carol Ann wrote:

Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

My kids were never amused by them. The looked
at me like I was an idiot for strapping them on.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old June 26th 04, 04:10 PM
Plissken

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

My DD always pulled hers off and was never really interested in it.

Old June 26th 04, 04:39 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/23bym ---Pictures!

Don't use them but was wondering the very same thing. Rachel so far ignores
all rattles. Of course she doesn't rattle them, but if someone rattles one
to get her attention to play, ignored.

Eeek! I haven't even touched my stroller...yet!

When they get old enough not to be reclined in the car seat in it and can
sit up, there are all kinds of stroller toys.

#1 likes them more now (age 3). #2 liked them when younger, but now prefers
something she can hold more.
#1 loved one of those books that attaches to the stroller when a baby.
#2 has a rabbit that pulls away from a star to play "twinkle twinkle". It
has a velcro attachment to fasten to the straps.
Debbie

Old June 26th 04, 08:54 PM
nichole

Carol Ann wrote:

Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

I never thought of getting one but Salome has this taggie blanket that she
adores and I saw some wrist rattles in the store the other day. She ended up
loving the wrist rattle too.

This is the blanket
http://www.taggies.com/cgi-bin/estor..._entry?index=1

This is the "wristie"
http://www.taggies.com/cgi-bin/estor..._entry?index=5

She usually rides hip carry in our sling, and she likes to grab the tail of the
sling and suck on it, or she grabs part of my shirt and sucks on it. Well I
put this wristie on her wrist and now she loves to suck on the little ribbons
on it. She will also bang her hand against the table to make it rattle. She's
almost 7 months old.

Nichole
mom to ribbon loving Salome
http://public.fotki.com/sealmyfate/salome-1/
Old June 27th 04, 01:29 AM
New York Jen

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Do you use them? At what age? Does your child like them? What type?

Just trying to find toys to amuse Morgan while in stroller.

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/23bym ---Pictures!

Lily likes the one we have, it's a little lavender puppy and I am pretty
sure it's made by Gund. She likes to chew/suck on its ears!