Old January 2nd 04, 06:37 PM
Kane

Default | The Galloping Geranium strikes again....was.....Spanking parents get help from organization, family

On 02 Jan 2004 16:39:57 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Subject: The Galloping Geranium strikes again....was.....Spanking

parents
get help from organization, family
From:
(Fern5827)
Date: 1/2/2004 11:34 AM Eastern Standard Time
Supreme Ct trumps state law.

Yes, I know. But your statement has nothing to do with what I said.
Sippin' that old Liquid Fish Fertilizer again are we, Potatoe?

Ingraham v Wright.

Cain ignorantly posts:

Let's see if you actually challenge anything at all.

parents get
help from organization, family
From:
(Kane)
Date: 1/2/2004 11:14 AM Eastern Standard Time
On 02 Jan 2004 15:25:32 GMT,
(Fern5827) wrote:

http://www.childprotectionreform.org

Get some sensible advice, straight from the hip.

Straight from the lip you mean.

I love it when you silly twits do such things. The organization

above
gives a clickable link, but no direction on how to actually find the
law they claim makes discipline illegal.

This ploy is a constant with you people: obscurrance by burying

under
piles of ****ty manure.

So let's see what the Oregon law really says, shall we, using the

link
your buddies are trying to hide:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/99reg/mea...r0017.int.html

My goodness, it says:

" The only crimes for
which a child may be removed from a parent or guardian a
(a) Sexual abuse;
(b) Beating a child, other than spanking applied to the
buttocks in a noninjurious manner; and
(c) Unconscionable failure to provide a healthy environment
including food, clothing, shelter and medical care."

So much for a claim that Oregon law prohibits spanking...R R R R R.

Here's a public disclosure of the question:

http://www.dhs.state.or.us/abuse/chi...se_neglect.htm

"What is child abuse and neglect?
Oregon law defines physical abuse as an injury to a child that is

not
accidental. Most parents do not intend to hurt their children, but
abuse is defined by the effect on the child, **NOT THE MOTIVATION OF
THE PARENTS.

Physical abuse includes:

Bruises or cuts
Head injuries
Poisoning, including drug-affected infants
Fractures, sprains
Burns or scalds
Internal injuries
Electrical shocks
Death
Although not recommended, **SPANKING IS NOT ABUSE. However, a

spanking
which leaves marks or bruises on a child might be abuse. Bruises
anywhere on a baby are serious."
(**emphasis mine)

You just referrenced yet another pack of nutcases that want

permission
to injure their children. Are you a paid Pimp, Primrose?

This goes directly to my posing The Question to Doan and any other
takers who care to debate what is and is NOT a clear line of
demarcation between abuse and safe CP (if there is such a thing as
safe CP).

Keep it up, Plantlife. I couldn't ask for better help in the

argument
than you and Doan and your wonderful friend Greegor the Whore

provide.

Doan wants parents to guess, Greeg wants to give them punishing cold
showeres for wetting theselves, and you want to support injurious

pain
to a child in the name of parental rights to discipline. Nice going,
Geranium.

And don't try that "I'm just posting someone else's information"
manure. You ARE known by the company you keep.

Kane

Nope. Nothing as usual. The page referranced by your URL makes claims
that Oregon law makes "spanking" illegal.

Their diatribe isn't even to that point. Nothing in what they put on
their page shows that Oregon does any such thing. If you think it does
please point that out, as it goes against the Oregon Revised Statute
I, like anyone, can ring up on the Web.

In other words, the posted page by the organization could very easily
be seen to be in defense of children being injured by caregivers. Is
THAT what this group calls spanking? All the injuries listed in the
actual OAR?

I'm waiting.

Kane