Hello out there ????

Old April 15th 04, 12:26 AM
Bebelestrnge0721

Default Hello out there ????

Hello, I put together a few pictures if ya wanna see the baby Now if I did
it right this will get you there So how is everybody ?????
Bev

http://community.webtv.net/bebelestrnge/JaimeGayle

Old April 15th 04, 11:24 AM
Bebelestrnge0721

Subject: Hello out there ????
From: "'Kate
Date: 4/14/2004 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
On 14 Apr 2004 23:26:13 GMT, (Bebelestrnge0721)

Hello, I put together a few pictures if ya wanna see the baby Now if I

did
it right this will get you there So how is everybody ?????
Bev

http://community.webtv.net/bebelestrnge/JaimeGayle

Busy here... very busy. I often think I won't get everything done week
to week.

Sure sounds busy Kate.......do you get a break from school soon? I hope it all
slows down a bit real soon so you can catch your breath for a bit.

Your granddaughter's birthday is the day before mine... several years
later of course. :-)

Yep, I 'm aware of how close she came to sharing your day!

She's beautiful.

Thank you Kate I still get so emotional when I look at her , I am so happy in
my heart, She is just about 4 months now and she is trying to talk up a storm,
nothing we understand yet, LOL! cooing ,squeeling, and screaching, with a
giggle here and there.
Bev
'Kate

Old April 15th 04, 03:00 PM
xkatx

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

Hello, I put together a few pictures if ya wanna see the baby Now if I

did
it right this will get you there So how is everybody ?????
Bev

http://community.webtv.net/bebelestrnge/JaimeGayle

Aww! She's so cute! Well, I LOVE the 3 month pictures, and especially the
ones where she looks shocked! I'm not a huge fan of newborns, mainly
because I find quite a few of them look like aliens, but she does NOT look
alien like at all! So cute, almost makes me want to have another one!
No, wait. I lied. Pictures are good enough to satisfy!
What a beautiful little girl! You better watch those boys around her soon!
lol

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old April 15th 04, 04:08 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

On 15 Apr 2004 10:24:07 GMT, (Bebelestrnge0721)
From: "'Kate
Date: 4/14/2004 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time

Busy here... very busy. I often think I won't get everything done week
to week.

Sure sounds busy Kate.......do you get a break from school soon? I hope it

all
slows down a bit real soon so you can catch your breath for a bit.

We will get a small break... the kids and I are going to summer school.
I have to take two grad school classes over the summer so that I can
apprentice in the Fall at the school clinic (with a licensed therapist
by my side).

You must be so excited to have finally reached this point............be proud
:-) !

I'll have a three week break before and after summer
classes and they'll have about a two week break before and three week
break after theirs.

GOOD! Have some fun !

Mike is taking his last PE class so that he'll be a
full-fledged Senior with all the rights and privileges in the Fall.
He'll be the youngest HS grad in the family (16) when he graduates in
May '05.

WOW! What a wonderful accomplishment

Lisa wants to take Sports Medicine during the summer in prep
for HS so that she can fit Band and Teen Leadership into her freshman
schedule.

another "Go Getter" you got there !

I think this qualifies us as an abnormal family. Thankfully,
we don't have to be normal... just functional. :-)

You are someone that has taught your children the importance of doing thier
best, and not give up thier dreams no matter what life throws you. The rest of
thier lives will flourish in amazing ways because of the role model you *are*
for them. There is nothing abnormal about that. Many years of your own personal
growth has taught them how to succeed and be the best that they can be, you did
good.... it shows in your own success and in your childrens determination to
succeed. Have fun in summer school ! (remember when summer school was like
getting the plague?) grin

Your granddaughter's birthday is the day before mine... several years
later of course. :-)

Yep, I 'm aware of how close she came to sharing your day!

She's beautiful.

Thank you Kate I still get so emotional when I look at her , I am so happy

in
my heart, She is just about 4 months now and she is trying to talk up a

storm,
nothing we understand yet, LOL! cooing ,squeeling, and screaching, with a
giggle here and there.

My niece was a singer at that age. Her parents were thrilled because
they both play guitar. Babies are so sweet. I'm glad you're enjoying
the time with her.

I am enjoying this.......... especially being able to share this happiness.
Bev
'Kate

Old April 15th 04, 04:13 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

From: "xkatx" .
Date: 4/15/2004 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

"Bebelestrnge0721" wrote in message

Hello, I put together a few pictures if ya wanna see the baby Now if I

did
it right this will get you there So how is everybody ?????
Bev

http://community.webtv.net/bebelestrnge/JaimeGayle

Aww! She's so cute! Well, I LOVE the 3 month pictures, and especially the
ones where she looks shocked! I'm not a huge fan of newborns, mainly
because I find quite a few of them look like aliens, but she does NOT look
alien like at all! So cute, almost makes me want to have another one!
No, wait. I lied. Pictures are good enough to satisfy!
What a beautiful little girl! You better watch those boys around her soon!
lol

Thanks Kat, I know what you mean about newborns, they can be pretty scary
looking LOL! :-) Bev

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Old April 16th 04, 06:59 AM
Cele

On 14 Apr 2004 23:26:13 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Hello, I put together a few pictures if ya wanna see the baby Now if I did
it right this will get you there So how is everybody ?????

I've decided to post, and post the truth.

I like you, bebe, even though you won't have heard from me much, or
know me.

Meanwhile, in answer, I'm swamped. I'm reeling. I'm overwhelmed and I
need a break.

T is now waitlisted for inpatient treatment for an eating disorder.
For those who don't know, she's dyslexic, has both vision and hearing
problems, was brutally bullied following my sister's suicide, was
abducted and raped at knifepoint for hours, and subsequently sexually
assaulted by a drunk. Her father was in a near fatal car accident that
kept him hospitalised for six months and on a respirator for two and a
half. Other than that, not much has happened to her. She continues to
be an amazingly gutsy, courageous, compassionate, wounded, tough,
loving, hurting, caring person, and right now she's feeling like ****
but buying into the notion that the Children's Hospital can help her
heal. I'm hoping they have a clue, buying in because so far they're
looking good and I do need someone who knows more than I do to take a
load off for a while while I catch my breath. Meanwhile T's elder
sister, D, has moved back from the far north, where we're from, with
her boyfriend, and they're living in the driveway in a motorhome. D
thinks T is grossly favoured because, well, we've kind of marshalled
to support her following her criminal assaults. But D was also hurt by
my abandoning her in her graduating year to support T. Kind of a
Sophie's choice, it was, and D lost. So D and T adore each other but
resent the crap out of each other, and I'm the villain in the drama,
but also the One To Whom All Turn. I just have to make sure my lines
are right depending on the role of the moment.

D and her partner M are looking for work. T is ****y because my
parents bought D a beater to help. Sadly, the fact that my parents
spent the same amount on T's hearing aid doesn't make it all okay in
her mind. She seems to think a car is cool and a hearing aid is not.
Then again, D thinks it sucks that I buy T summer clothes but not D,
who graduated two years ago. D feels that it's not her fault she
graduated at 16 and her peers are supported until they graduate,
usually at 18. I myself am currently deeply empathising with the
ostrich, whose belief that hiding one's head in the sand erases all
problems is seductive, if unreal.

I am heartened to recognise that I no longer weigh my concerns in
terms of my children's survival, mostly. Now I can mostly think mental
health. Not a huge step, I know, but I reassure myself that the Dalai
Lama would understand. [he's in town this week and I would love to've
seen him, but buggered if I could've afforded a ticket].

Our GP, who is wonderful, has a 15 month old. She told me recently
that ....****, she put it more politically than this, but the concept
was, that when she gets complacent she thinks about me and it scares
the crap out of her and keeps her humble.

Great. I'm the 'before' picture. The 'where you don't want to go'
picture. Me, I'm the 'oh ****' picture.

Except, there are so many of us unretouched photos out there.

Okay, I'll shut up now. Things here suck, as always, we continue to
hope, as always, and we plan on ruling the world as always. I continue
to overanalyse for my own sanity and survival. Seems to work for me,
if not for others. T continues to ....be T. Continues to survive. D
continues to challenge all comers. My stepdad continues to stand as
silent sentinel in support and my mother continues to offer ongoing
commentary, occasionally welcome, largely not.

I continue to pay my bills late and get parking tickets at Children's
Hospital. Two this week. I've got to start remembering to read the
goddamned signs.

We all continue to learn and survive. May all of us here,

And keep me away from the white zinfandel, at all costs. Or this kind
of rambling could get habitual.

Cele
Old April 16th 04, 12:34 PM
Bebelestrnge0721

From: Cele
Date: 4/16/2004 1:59 AM Eastern Standard Time
On 14 Apr 2004 23:26:13 GMT,

(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

Hello, I put together a few pictures if ya wanna see the baby Now if I

did
it right this will get you there So how is everybody ?????

I've decided to post, and post the truth.

It helps to ease a little bit of the stress to be truthful when things are not
going well...
denial never helps, good for you to have the strength to open up.

I like you, bebe,

I like you as well Cele

even though you won't have heard from me much, or
know me.

Cele, Your story is familiar to me, I had been reading here for almost 3 years
before I posted. I can tell you what I do know of you is that you are a strong
woman and have been through some very hard trials............As is your
daughter, that shows incredible strength and survival as her mother does. I
kinda know some of the struggles you explain . I have two daughters as well ,
one 3000 miles away from me struggling in California to make her dreams of
becomming a computer animator happen (lately she is showing signs of severe
stress and depression) I am scared for her , I want her home. My other and
younger daughter is the one I talk more about here. 16 Yr old mommy. She has
had some horrible things happen in her life as well and for 3 years she has
struggled to overcome deaths, sexual assault(by my stepson)her own mental
health condition, she has been in and out of hospital situations and even
juvenile detention. I know how it broke me down coping on a daily basis and I
understand how it feels to be "The mom" during these struggles our children
bear. You know you need to take care of you , you see yourself coming apart but
be damned if we get what we need through this. We never give up, that is not
what parents do, we fight to the bitter end for our kids well being, what we
really get through it all is "Growth" I learned a lot about myself to be
honest I found strength I never knew I had through these past 3 years as I
figure you have found within yourself. All we can do with what we were dealt is
face it straight on, with hope and courage.

Meanwhile, in answer, I'm swamped. I'm reeling. I'm overwhelmed and I
need a break.

(((Cele))) I know, hang on .

T is now waitlisted for inpatient treatment for an eating disorder.
For those who don't know, she's dyslexic, has both vision and hearing
problems, was brutally bullied following my sister's suicide, was
abducted and raped at knifepoint for hours, and subsequently sexually
assaulted by a drunk. Her father was in a near fatal car accident that
kept him hospitalised for six months and on a respirator for two and a
half. Other than that, not much has happened to her. She continues to
be an amazingly gutsy, courageous, compassionate, wounded, tough,
loving, hurting, caring person, and right now she's feeling like ****
but buying into the notion that the Children's Hospital can help her
heal. I'm hoping they have a clue, buying in because so far they're
looking good and I do need someone who knows more than I do to take a
load off for a while while I catch my breath.

She certainly has a bunch of crap there to get through, I remember when my
daughter spent her first in patient I was relieved and looking for answers, I
trusted the docs to do the right thing...... just go with your instincts, you
know they can make mistakes. In my case they thought the answer was to drug my
daughter up so much all she did was sleep.Then cause she couldn't get up for
school they gave her an amphetamine to wake her up in the morning, that was
about when I had had enough and went to another doctor. I wish you luck with
finding some help and relief for both yourself and your daughter. again hold on
and know there are people that know where you are at emotionally and
spiritually with this and are pulling from a far away place for you.

[...]

All in all Cele you sound to have quite the outlook on things , through it all
I see a sense of humor remains smile

And keep me away from the white zinfandel, at all costs. Or this kind
of rambling could get habitual.

Oh man, one of my old favourite relaxers
I quit the alcohol induced comas that saw me through some of the harder
days......
May 06th it will be 2 years no booze for me, I'm better for it got way outta
hand for me ! Be careful O.K.?
Bev
Cele

Old April 16th 04, 05:41 PM
Tiffany

"Cele" wrote in message
On 14 Apr 2004 23:26:13 GMT,
(Bebelestrnge0721) wrote:

[...]

Hang in there Cele. Positive thoughts to you and your family!

Old April 19th 04, 02:04 PM
lm

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:59:13 GMT, Cele
wrote:

[snip]

I myself am currently deeply empathising with the
ostrich, whose belief that hiding one's head in the sand erases all
problems is seductive, if unreal.

You may empathize with the ostrich, but if your posts are any
indication, you'll never be like him. You're too wise and strong for
that. (Bet you're tired of being told how strong you are!)

Great. I'm the 'before' picture. The 'where you don't want to go'
picture. Me, I'm the 'oh ****' picture.

Except, there are so many of us unretouched photos out there.

Ain't that the truth. And if it's any consolation at all, your
children's resentments and blaming would be happening with or without
the traumas you've all suffered. You're the mom, Cele -- don't you
know by now that it's *all* your fault! :-)

We all continue to learn and survive. May all of us here,

I hope the programs at Children's are helpful for your daughter. I
know that improvements for T mean improvements for C, so I do hope the
parking tickets pay off. :-)

And keep me away from the white zinfandel, at all costs. Or this kind
of rambling could get habitual.

I wish pot were legal, myself. Has a much nicer emotional effect, with
no hangover.

lm
Old April 19th 04, 04:29 PM
Lisa

wrote:

I wish pot were legal, myself. Has a much nicer emotional effect, with
no hangover.

lm

LOL ! And you don't have to pee every 15 minutes. So, what we need up
here is more encouragement for the Feds to not cave to external political
pressure and ffffiiiinnnnaaaaalllllllllyyyyyy decriminalize pot. That, or
I'm moving to BC.

Oh, and while we're at it, could we get a petition to fire the frickin
weather man in Ontario? Bonehead. Sunny and 20 C my ass.

Lisa