two kids and exercise

Old May 24th 04, 02:42 PM
ted

Default two kids and exercise

I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.
Old May 24th 04, 02:45 PM
Mary Ann Tuli

ted wrote:

I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

I have one child and WOH. I go running a few times a week for 1/2 hr.

Mary Ann

Old May 24th 04, 03:42 PM
toypup

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

I don't anymore.

Old May 24th 04, 03:57 PM
GoofeeGyrl

I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?

SAH, two girls (3 years, 8.5 months).

I walk on the treadmill for 45-60 min while DH watches the girls in the
evening. I also take the girls out for several walks a week.

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 3 years
and Eva, 8.5 months
Old May 24th 04, 04:18 PM
Katie Davis

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

I go to aerobics twice a week - once late evening (8.30), once early evening
(7.00). WOH (mornings only) DH looks after the girls while I'm at aerobics.
I've been doing this for 2 years now.

Katie
Mummy to Rhian (8) and Kira (4).

Old May 24th 04, 04:25 PM
Welches

ted wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

I chase #1 round the park while carrying #2. For 30 minutes. Then I carry #1
piggy back home (10 minutes) while pushing the pram. Why do you need to work
out?
Debbie

Old May 24th 04, 04:34 PM
Catherine Woodgold

ted ) writes:
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

Thanks.

WOH

When the kids were younger, sometimes I played tag with
them.

I get around by bicycle, and I figured that counted
as exercise. I used to have the children in a bike trailer.

Sometimes I used to jump with a skipping rope while
my kids watched me (when they were too young to
skip themselves).

Nowadays I go to the fitness centre at lunchtime, and
stay later at work in the evening; or I exercise at
home. I had a conversation with my husband and daughter
while I jumped on my little trampoline the other day.

I learned recently that muscle-strengthening exercises
are really quite important for preventing injuries and
recovering from injuries, and I've been doing a lot
more exercise than I used to.

I think it's good to exercise while the kids are
present, maybe getting them involved. Among other
benefits, it shows them the importance of exercise.
Exercising alone is also nice.
--
Cathy
Old May 24th 04, 04:35 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
ted wrote:

*I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
*Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

I mostly SAH and part time WOH. I exercise with a group of women three
times a week at 10:30 am while my oldest is in preschool and my youngest
is with our au pair. My husband works out in the evenings twice a week
while the kids work out with him (the 3 year old does most of the workout;
the 19 month old does a bit, runs back to me, does a bit, runs back to me,
etc).

Old May 24th 04, 05:25 PM
Sophie

I chase #1 round the park while carrying #2. For 30 minutes. Then I carry
piggy back home (10 minutes) while pushing the pram. Why do you need to

work
out?
Debbie

Lol - Yep, taking care of a 5, 4, and 2 yr old *is* my workout.

Old May 24th 04, 05:27 PM
Cathy Kearns

"ted" wrote in message
om...
I want to know when you usually workout? What do you do for workout?
Please specify if you SAH or WOH.

I belong to one of those circuit "workout in 30 minutes"
gyms. The one I belong to is open early in the morning
and all day until early evening. You can drop in when
you have time. I've found this works better in my
schedule. I can go early, while my husbands heards
kids toward school, or go once they are in school. Since
it's so short, I can even drop my daughter off for a one
hour activity, hit the gym, and pick her up on time. The
one I go to is called "Pace Yourself". Another brand
is "Curves", though I've heard it has Christian overtones.
(If that works for you that's great, we are getting a few
ladies that found that not to their liking.)