Yeast infection?? Or something else?

Old August 2nd 08, 06:39 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Yeast infection?? Or something else?

Ok, this might be TMI, but I'm going to see if anyone might have an idea.

I've never had a yeast infection. I had a slight case of thrush when DS was
a baby and nursing.
I've battled yeast infections with DD1 since she was a newborn (first yeast
infection was when she was around 7-10 days old) and she seems to have yeast
infections quite often - although she hasn't had one for probably almost a
year now.
I've personally never had one. I don't know what this is that I seem to
have now.
Down there, I feel like it's really itchy. Like a burning itchy, almost. I
can't tell if it's red or swollen, although it doesn't feel right. I
haven't really had any abnormal discharge or anything like that. Nothing
that doesn't seem to come with a regular pregnancy, anyways. No blood, no
nothing. I get the sensation like I have some sort of discharge - it's hard
to explain, but I would compare it almost to a period and the light bleeding
part, but when I check, there's nothing. It's just the sensation and feels
like that.
I get sore down below all the time. It's almost like a dull throbbing.
Peeing doesn't really hurt, really, and when I wipe, it actually gives a
slight relief (sorry if that sounds strange!)
Sex is out of the question completely.
I shower daily (or sometimes it ends up being the morning the next day if I
don't get the time and chance to have a shower in the afternoon or evening
each day) and (obviously) change my underwear.
I find there's also a slight odor - it almost smells a little like urine, a
little.
I'm sore to touch as well.

Is this a yeast infection? Or is it something else? I'm seriously thinking
of getting it checked out (obviously this is the only way I will know for
sure) so is this something that I should call my OB about? I have no
regular family doctor, and other than my OB, I'm really not that comfortable
going in to the regular walk-in clinic and seeing whatever random doctor
that's in at the time. I would be far more comfortable with my OB that I am
very familiar with, but I don't know if this is something for my gyno/OB. I
had my first prenatal app't middle of July - I can't remember for sure off
hand, but my next appointment is Aug 11, I believe. My first/last app't, my
OB did a pap, although I haven't heard of any results (so I assume nothing
abnormal or anything to be concerned about with any possible results)

Is this something that happens every now and then during pregnancy? I think
I'm just a few days short of 14 weeks right now, and I've never had this
before. I've had bladder/UTI before (2 times, both after each DD was born)
and this definitely doesn't feel the same.