Friendly updates

Old July 24th 03, 03:57 PM
Didi

Default Friendly updates

Hey there -- many new names and faces along with some old ones, I see.

Sad to read that some issues here never change. Oh well -- that
beating-your-head-against-the-wall thing never did much for me.

Matt is doing *great*. His business had flown so well that he was bought
out and offered a consultant position by the buyers. He has a *wonderful*
woman in his life, and because they have taken things very slowly, they are
close to making a commitment that will last.

I have visited Peter's grave -- a long way from my home. Pink granite
headstone! His daughters chose that, and I know that he wouldn't have
wanted it any other way. It's sad that a man cannot rest in peace and will
apparently forever be criticized here.

Mo "disappeared" because she had a horrible accident where she was yanked
off of a high ladder by an angry man who didn't want her to shut off his
cable. She spent 30+ days in a coma and has been recuperating ever since.
Sorry, though, Lorian -- she didn't do anything sinister forcing her to run
and hide.

As for me, many exciting things have happened in my life. Mike and I are
very happily married, and we are presently moving our family to another
state for a great job opportunity. (Before anyone asks, my ex and his wife
are also moving to this state for their own personal and professional
interests, so my children will not miss a beat when it comes to being with
their father. I wouldn't have allowed otherwise.) I will get my "dream"
house when we move which will be nice. I have made a successful home
business for myself -- between that, my children and their activities, and
my many social obligations (charitable type groups, etc.), I have not had as
much time for my on-line interests though I obviously check in (and read)
from time to time.
--
Didi
Mother of 4, Step-mother of 1

Old July 24th 03, 04:28 PM
Rolly The Pervert

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...
Hey there -- many new names and faces along with some old ones, I see.

Hey DiDi, glad all is going well for you. Say hi to matt.

Old July 24th 03, 04:29 PM
Joelle

Hey Didi- good to hear from you!

I have visited Peter's grave -- a long way from my home. Pink granite
headstone!

My husband's headstone has pink granite.

It's sad that a man cannot rest in peace and will
apparently forever be criticized here.

Yea but that criticism means even less to him now than it did when he was alive
(which wasn't much)

Mo "disappeared" because she had a horrible accident where she was yanked
off of a high ladder by an angry man who didn't want her to shut off his
cable

That's horrible!

she spent 30+ days in a coma and has been recuperating ever since.

I hope she's doing well. Send her my best.

s for me, many exciting things have happened in my life. Mike and I are
very happily married, and we are presently moving our family to another
state for a great job opportunity.

Best of luck to all of you

Joelle
Old July 24th 03, 09:12 PM
Didi

Tom wrote:

Hey DiDi, glad all is going well for you. Say hi to matt.

Thanks, Tom. I hope that things are better for you and that your health is
stabilizing. I think that I read that you are engaged or married now --
good luck to you and hug that little boy of yours!

Matt and I missed our annual get-together this year as both of our schedules
are really busy. I will, though, pass on all of the "hellos"!
--
Didi
Mother of 4, Step-mother of 1
"Children, perfection, and sanity. You can only have 2 out of 3."
Anonymous
"Rolly The Pervert" wrote in message

"Didi" wrote in message
. net...
Hey there -- many new names and faces along with some old ones, I see.

Old July 24th 03, 09:23 PM
Didi

Hey Didi- good to hear from you!

Hi, Joelle! I've been reading about your dating endeavors! What fun that
fast intro game sounds like! I am very excited to hear that you have come
to a place in your life where you are ready to meet people like this. I
know that you still miss your husband, but it shows progress in your
grieving process. I would stay away, though, from the man who is showing a
little too much interest in your daughter. Men like that always gave me the
creeps

My husband's headstone has pink granite.

I just thought that it was sweet and oh so "Peter" to let his girls decide.
His widow has moved on with her life and remarried already. I've lost touch
with his girls -- to be honest, it was the tug of war between his 1st and
2nd wives that I couldn't stand. "You're *my* friend!" "No -- you're *my*
friend!" I wanted to scream -- "I'm not EITHER of your friends -- I am
Peter's friend!!" Anyway, in order to keep in touch with the girls, I had
to get through the women, and I eventually gave up. I know that Peter had a
tremendous amount of respect for their stepdad, so I trust that they will be
well taken care of.

Yea but that criticism means even less to him now than it did when he was

alive (which wasn't much)

How true! I'm just sure that he is laughing down from heaven right now --
relishing in the fact that he torments Lorian to this day.....

That's horrible!

It is terrible, and I"m not sure how happy she'll be about my sharing this
fact, but I can't stand the insinuations that she has slinked off due to
some indiscretion.

Best of luck to all of you

Thanks, Joelle -- the best to you, too! The next time you're in Madison,
we'll have to meet for lunch!

Old July 24th 03, 09:31 PM
Didi

bri wrote:

***Sigh...same here!!!

It's just plain sad, IMO.

***Wonderful!!

He and Renee are very cute together. They compliment each other really
well.

***I'm sure Peter LOVES the headstone! I miss him!

Me, too.

***Please Please Please let Mo know that if she needs someone who

"understands" to talk with to send me an email. I'm still recuping from my
head injury....and probably will for a while.

To be honest, I have kind of lost track of her since the accident. Her
brother took over with her children and home, and she was recuperating last
we talked. If anyone talks to her still, tell her to contact me, please.

***I am happy that the move is going well. I'll be in las vegas come the

end of next month. My son is really excited about the move. I've been
calling school districts all morning and realtors. We're gonna rent for the
first year so we have plenty of time to find a house we want to buy. Now is
just the never ending PACKING!! UGH!!!

Good luck to you guys! I'm kind of spoiled -- Mike's new job is moving us
and is doing all of the packing, too! All I have to do is make
margaritas and point to what I want where (yeah, right, like I'll do
*that*!). The hardest part has been the selling of our home. Not too many
people in the market for a big house like ours right now..... cross your
fingers, though, b/c it looks as though we might have it sold -- we'll know
tomorrow

Old July 24th 03, 10:52 PM
Dennis Here

Didi wrote in message ...
Hey there -- many new names and faces along with some old ones, I see.

Hi Didi, good to see you dropping in.

As for me, many exciting things have happened in my life. Mike and I are
very happily married, and we are presently moving our family to another
state for a great job opportunity. (Before anyone asks, my ex and his wife
are also moving to this state for their own personal and professional
interests, so my children will not miss a beat when it comes to being with
their father. I wouldn't have allowed otherwise.) I will get my "dream"
house when we move which will be nice. I have made a successful home
business for myself -- between that, my children and their activities, and
my many social obligations (charitable type groups, etc.), I have not had

as
much time for my on-line interests though I obviously check in (and read)
from time to time.

I am really pleased for you. Isn't life just great all the time and even
better when things are going so well?

Dennis

Old July 25th 03, 06:17 AM
Didi

Hi Didi, good to see you dropping in.

Hi, Dennis! I try to drop in from time-to-time and keep up with things, but
it is difficult at times.

I am really pleased for you. Isn't life just great all the time and even

better when things are going so well?

Well, I'm honest enough to say that things aren't great *all* the time.....
One of the things that Mike is hoping is that when we move, I hold off on
some of the charitable work for a little while. I get involved in so many
projects at one time, and it gets to be too much. For the most part,
though, life is pretty darn good!

I hope that you and Freddie enjoyed your trip to the US. If you're ever
back here, you'd better look us up!

Old July 25th 03, 06:20 AM
Didi

Dolores wrote:

Bet baby Gillian (or was it Julian) is pretty big now.

I'm sorry that I missed this the first time around!

Jillian is 3 years old right now! Amazing, isn't it?!? She is just a doll!
She has her daddy's sense of humor, blonde hair, and brown eyes, but she has
my fire and spunk along with my Latin temper! Quite the combination!

Seems like just yesterday that you all were supporting me through her
pregnancy.....

Old July 25th 03, 09:18 AM

Did that jab at me feel good Didi? Still feel the need to pick on me huh?
How petty. And who is criticizing Peterd? As far as I am concerned I
believe that he is resting in peace on the other side. You are playing the
victim pretty well there Didi. You're the one who hates victims as I
recall. And you're right, some issues here never change, you're still lying
your ass off smiling on the outside, crying on the inside.