Quercetin- what I found....

Old December 30th 03, 09:29 PM
Jill

Default Quercetin- what I found....

I have found a few statements saying to avoid quercetin during pregnancy, so
forget that idea! It does work well for me for nasal congestion,
surprisingly....after a week or two of taking it my nose doesn't stop up
anymore. But, not during pregnancy!! Does anyone know of herbs/supplements
that ARE safe during pregnancy- is 500mg vitamin C ok? links about quercetin
are below, stating it is not recommended during pregnancy..........the first
link says it can but I would not, if others say not to...

http://www.naturalrearing.com/J_In_L...ts/QUERCETIN.h
tml

http://www.drweil.com/app/cda/drw_cd...stionId=158469

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T163281.html

Old December 30th 03, 10:49 PM
Jill

"Shena Delian O'Brien" wrote in message
The dr. weil post says stinging nettles are fine...

I don't even know what stinging nettles are. I have used herbs for years
with great results but I only know about certain ones, others I never used.
I have used yellow dock and burdock to clear up my skin (worked very
well)...I used red raspberry for painful periods and it worked very well
too. etc..I have used or read about quite a few others.but stinging nettles
doesn't ring a bell. I have Prescriptions for Natural Healing, I will go
read up on pregnancy and what it recommends, it's pretty thorough but I
wouldn't necessarily take something just because it lists it....that book
tends to list a lot of herbs for different ailments.

Old December 30th 03, 10:55 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

http://www.naturepark.com/snettle.htm
http://www.healthandage.com/html/res...gNettlech.html