Conjunctivitis in my house...

Old December 4th 05, 01:24 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Conjunctivitis in my house...

So tell me -- how do you get the milk INTO the baby's eye?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old December 4th 05, 01:37 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Chookie" wrote
So tell me -- how do you get the milk INTO the baby's eye?

I hand-expressed into a 15ml medicine cup and then dropped it into the eye.
My own eye, so any other method was physically impossible :-). It was
cleared up overnight.

Jean

--
DD - June '02
DS - May '05

Old December 4th 05, 04:28 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Iuil wrote:

I hand-expressed into a 15ml medicine cup and then dropped it into the eye.
My own eye, so any other method was physically impossible :-). It was
cleared up overnight.

*falls over laughing at the image of you trying to squirt breastmilk
into your eye from the nipple*

Michelle
Flutist
Old December 4th 05, 04:23 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Chookie" wrote in message
So tell me -- how do you get the milk INTO the baby's eye?

You borrow the monk, who has started pulling off when the flow is strong,
which then leaves the boob shooting 2-3 feet out into the air, which you can
then aim into whatever baby's eye you want. I generally prefer my husbands
hair. I figure he did this to me, so he should suffer a little.

Old December 4th 05, 11:59 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

LOL I sprayed Micah in the face a few times the other morning; he
thought it was hysterical. I'm quite fond of my own personal squirt
guns.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old December 5th 05, 03:35 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article ,
"Child" wrote:

You borrow the monk, who has started pulling off when the flow is strong,
which then leaves the boob shooting 2-3 feet out into the air, which you can
then aim into whatever baby's eye you want.

Problem is that the baby keeps moving!

Old December 5th 05, 09:17 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

what I have done it soak cotton wool in breastmilk (squirt it on rather than
use a container, makes a mess, but keeps things clean), then use that to
clean the eyes of gunk. This worked fairly well with DS once or twice.

Anne

Old December 14th 05, 01:22 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In ,
Michelle J. Haines wrote:

*Iuil wrote:
*
* I hand-expressed into a 15ml medicine cup and then dropped it into the eye.
* My own eye, so any other method was physically impossible :-). It was
* cleared up overnight.
*
**falls over laughing at the image of you trying to squirt breastmilk
*into your eye from the nipple*

I've done that. Well, not into HER eye...

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth