"More feeders at the trough of the child abuse industry"

Old September 24th 04, 01:46 AM
Kane

Default "More feeders at the trough of the child abuse industry"

This is sick...imagine...intergenerational foster parenting. One of
these people was a foster child himself...obviously poisoned by the
foster family who torn him from the tender breast of his real mother,
and got him indoctrinated so thoroughly that he now makes money by
fostering. He's even getting his wife involved in this perverted
hateful practice of foster parenting.

Sick sick sick....

http://www.mdn.org/1995/STORIES/FOSTER.HTM

Kane
Old October 18th 04, 10:41 PM
Greg Hanson

Kane, Everybody knows there are SOME noble and
altruistic foster adopters, heck, even *I*
could do better than posting some NINE YEAR
OLD PROPAGANDA!

That web site must really be pathetic if they don't
have pieces far more convincing and much newer!

If this is because of my comments about how
Logan Marr's caseworker/Foster conflict of
interest forced her to quit as a caseworker,
then you are way off base.

Logan was NOT a high level medical case,
just a bright shiny child the caseworker
developed an all consuming obsession for.

(You know, the MARKETABLE sort of child
that brings in most Foster Parents!)

http://www.mdn.org/1995/STORIES/FOSTER.HTM
Disabled Foster Children
October 05, 1995
By: L. MEGHAN HUMPHREYS
State Capital Bureau
JEFFERSON CITY _ Few people, you would think, actively would want a
child with debilitating medical problems _ problems that demand
enormous amounts of time for care and attention.

But in Missouri, there are some who seek just that. One of them is
Pat, a foster parent for Missouri's Family Services Division, who
agreed to provide a home and family for a child with severe medical
problems.

Ten months ago, Pat quit her job as a medical secretary to become a
full-time foster parent.

But when she initially became a foster parent, she didn't know the
challenges she would face when she was asked to care for a child with
two dangerous medical problems.

Pat's full name cannot be used because state law prohibits social
services agents from providing information that would identify foster
children.

Her foster child was born with spina bifida, when the spinal cord is
unprotected at the child's birth. The child also has hydrocephalus,
commonly called water on the brain.

"When I first saw this child I thought, 'I cannot do this,' but this
child is such a sweet thing," Pat said. "This child has been a
blessing to our family."

Becoming a medical foster parent requires countless hours of training.
In Pat's case, she and her biological daughter spent two days at the
hospital learning how to care for the foster child before it came to
their home. The doctors familiar with her foster child's case trained
Pat on the child's needs.

In the nine months Pat has had the child, she has gone through
continuous training, allowing her to take over more responsibilities
from the child's doctors and nurses.

The child has little muscle control because of the spina bifida and a
shunt in its head to drain the fluid caused by the hydrocephalus.

The amount of care her foster child requires seemed daunting at first,
Pat said.

"At first [the work] drained me," Pat said. "It's hard to adjust to
but now it's become daily routine."

Placing all the children with special needs has become more difficult
as more children need help than ever before, said Bernadette
Nenninger, a social services supervisor at the Missouri Division of
Family Services.

"Even the kids in regular foster care are needier than just five years
ago," Nenninger said.

The state of Missouri has approximately 160 "medically fragile"
children in foster homes certified to care for them. The state asks
all foster parents if they are willing to take care of a seriously ill
child when they first become licensed.

Lynn Cole, a children's services supervisor at the Boone County
Division of Family Services said about 10 to 15 percent of all foster
homes are licensed to provide medical foster care.

Because of the significant time commitment medical foster children
require, finding families for them is no easy task. Some children
cannot be placed in foster homes at all because of the seriousness of
their illnesses.

"Without these [medical] foster parents, some would just end up in
state institutions," Nenninger said.

Marcia is another medical foster parent who lives in the same area as
Pat. Like Pat's child, her foster child was also born with
hydrocephalus.

But her child also has cerebral palsy and a growth problem. Because of
these problems, Marcia takes the child to Kansas City to receive a
special growth hormone treatment.

Marcia's motivation for becoming a foster parent is a bit more
personal, however. Her husband was a foster child himself, which led
them to return the favor he had been given by his own foster parents.

"People had given of themselves for him, and we wanted to give some of
that back to other foster children," Marcia said.

While foster parents are paid by the state for their efforts, Pat says
her motivation was never the money involved.

"You do this job because you want to make a difference in these
children's lives," Pat said. "If you look at the money compared to the
hours you put in, it's not even minimum wage. But a big part of the
money goes back into helping the kids anyway."

Marcia agrees, and says there is only one reason to become a foster
parent.

"The money you get from the state is adequate, but nobody would do
this job for the money," Marcia said. "You do it because you love
kids."

Marcia knew she wanted to work with children in some way and so she
got a degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in counseling
and psychology with the goal that she could understand the needs of
children when she became a mother.

"One of my professors told me that I was probably the only person he
knew of that was going through all this school just so I could be a
stay-at-home mom," Marcia said.

There is no way to gauge the number of hours medical foster parents
spend in training and caring for their children, Pat and Marcia say.
Despite the challenges, both say they will continue to be medical
foster parents, and, if given the chance, would adopt a child with
medical needs.

"It's the most rewarding job I've ever had," Pat said. "In a
heartbeat, I would adopt a special needs child."

--------------
[Missouri Digital News is produced by the State Government Reporting
Program of the Missouri School of Journalism (home of the The
Journalist's Creed) in collaboration with KSMU Radio and with support
from the Missouri Press Association and the Missouri Broadcasters'
Assocation. MDN was designed and is managed by Phill Brooks.]
Old October 19th 04, 09:37 PM
kane

(Greg Hanson) wrote in message . com...
Kane, Everybody knows there are SOME noble and
altruistic foster adopters, heck, even *I*
could do better than posting some NINE YEAR
OLD PROPAGANDA!

R R R ...That's rich coming from one of you.

Yah didn't check the citation location, now did yah, greegor?

It's a digital news service for a school of journalism. It has many
kinds of stories, and if you'd used there search engine you'd have
found thousands of stories critical of CPS...but nooooo...you are too
stupid to ****.

By the way, what is it about autobiographical stories 9 years old that
would make their content invalid? There was no time sensitive
information involved. I doubt fostering has changed much, nor the
medical mom for that matter, in the 9 years hence.

Do you?

Or shall we dump ALL information 9 years and older, even when it
contains no outdated material? That would be smart...right?

**** you are funny. What a pleasant way to start my busy day.

That web site must really be pathetic if they don't
have pieces far more convincing and much newer!

"Convincing" of what? That there are medical moms doing extraordinary
care for injured children...who often were injured at the hands of
their own parents? I'm convinced they do. Are you convinced the story
is untrue and no such people exist or do what they do?

I believe we have two, at least, that post here that qualify.

It takes much more training, either by being a medical professional
(used to be pretty much only retired pediatric nurses did this
work...and they still do much of the training...because they see this
kids in hospital before the foster parents do), or by twice as much or
more preservice training, and twice as much ongoing training.

The things done to these children that injure them are almost beyond
belief for those of us less familiar with foster care, and child
protection. It goes waaaaay beyond the occasional cold shower...trust
me on this.

I know a lot of "medical foster moms" the common jargon for them.
Fabulous folks.

If this is because of my comments about how
Logan Marr's caseworker/Foster conflict of
interest forced her to quit as a caseworker,
then you are way off base.

No, not as I recall, though tit for tat is certainly something to
consider. Give that the numbers of cases of good to superior care by
foster parents far exceed the numbers of bad treatment by foster
parents we could I suppose go head to head.

Problem is, all that good to superior care rarely is reported. Bad
news sells. It's really about all we see. The things foster parents do
as an everyday thing to help children, that I or others might think
remarkable, they think of as common and expected of them. 'Bout the
only time you can draw out of them what they really do is when you
start attacking them for being in it for the money, and torture,
abuse, and sexually molest the children.

I'm not willing to make such outrageous accusations against all foster
parents for a few cases. One of us is objective. And it's not you.

Logan was NOT a high level medical case,

Nope. She was a behavioral problem as I recall. Raging and kicking and
punching a former foster parent.

just a bright shiny child the caseworker
developed an all consuming obsession for.

I have no idea if she was obsessed or not. How would you know? Stories
I've read simply said she had adopted and wanted a girl. She quite her
job so the adoption process could move forward.

Any obsession I've uncovered seemed to be directed to trying to make
the adoption work with a child that was increasingly difficult to deal
with behaviorally. It exceeded her training and experience, something
not uncommon in adoption, by the way. Even relatives report that their
own kin come to them with similar rages and behavioral problems.

(You know, the MARKETABLE sort of child
that brings in most Foster Parents!)

Well, two things. People kill that one would have never thought would
do so. Criminologists will tell you that there are two types of
killers, primarily..those that are predatory in nature, and those that
you would never have thought they would....folks just like you and me.
Who for some reason snap.

Sally, I think, was one of the latter. And she'll be twenty years or
so contemplating how easy it can be to lose control, and probably the
rest of her life thinking often about what she did. I wouldn't want to
be here.

The child, of course, lost more...uncountable really, the loss of
one's life. There is no way to measure the loss except with a null.

I wonder how out of control that little girl you were "parenting"
might have become and what you would have done, in the end.

As for "marketable child," well that's pretty rare if the model I'm
familiar with, and I'm very familiar, is any guide.

The epitome of a desired child is as follows: blond, female, under 3,
healthy, no siblings.

Want to guess how many of those CPS gets? Most would go immediately to
a relative, if they exisited.

Mostly it's children of mixed ethnicity, almost always in a sibling
group, with multiple fathers, around 7 to 8, and with serious physical
and mental health issues.

Go to the national and state adoption waiting child pages and read the
bulletins. I look, and from my training I can spot alcohol compromised
children FAE or FAS...FAS is easier to spot. I can read the bulletins
and tell you the code phrases for, "dangerous to smaller children."
"Sexual predator," "will require lifelong developmental disability
supports," etc.

When I find a single baby or toddler, white, female, it's like I can't
believe it, and usually that child will come with the sad news that
they have some serious medical issues that will require many years of
Tx, and much personal care in a medical sense by the adoptive parents.

Here, have a peek, and remember, I don't even approve of these public
pages and have fought various states over the revealing wording in the
bulletins:

Here is the introduction from the homepage of the NAC site:

http://www.adopt.org/

"The National Adoption Center ( NAC ) welcomes you! Since 1972, the
Center has found adoptive families for more than 20,000 U.S. children.
Most children waiting to be adopted are school-aged or in a sibling
group that needs to stay together. Many have emotional disabilities;
others have physical, mental or developmental disabilities. All need
the love of a permanent family."

Tell us who you'd like to adopt. I keep my contacts open through many
relatives that could not adopt, for various personal reasons. They see
their kin there and hope for the best.

Do you think these chilren are among the half or more of children
claimed to be "unsubstantiated" CPS cases? I know that many are...the
still were injured by their parents.

Kane