Another milestone

Old December 31st 04, 11:26 PM
Iowacookiemom

Default Another milestone

For some time now, I've known on an intellectual level that Henry is taller
than me, but the other day when he hugged me he rested his chin on the top of
my head.

Sigh.

Having a very tall son makes the phrase "They grow up too fast" take on new
meaning. He's only 12, and already he's nearly 5'10"

Happy New Year, all!

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 12

Old January 1st 05, 05:02 AM
Claire Petersky

Having a very tall son makes the phrase "They grow up too fast" take on

new
meaning. He's only 12, and already he's nearly 5'10"

Wow! Rose just hit 5' 6", and I thought that was tall enough. We are
planning to ride the 200 mile STP this summer, but I am worried that our
tandem (which is for a medium captain, ie, me; and a shorter stoker,
supposedly her) is not going to fit by this summer.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old January 1st 05, 08:31 PM
Scott

Iowacookiemom wrote:
For some time now, I've known on an intellectual level that Henry is taller
than me, but the other day when he hugged me he rested his chin on the top of
my head.

Sigh.

Having a very tall son makes the phrase "They grow up too fast" take on new
meaning. He's only 12, and already he's nearly 5'10"

Happy New Year, all!

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 12

Speaking as someone who is 6'3", I don't know
_what_ you're talking about

I do notice, however, that DD is almost as tall
as many of her friends' Moms. When she's 12, I
figure she'll be taller than a lot of them.

I may sing a different tune when DS reaches his
peak height.

Happy New Year all!

Scott DD 11 and DS 8.9

Old January 1st 05, 08:31 PM

I know the feeling - my oldest son is 13, he's wearing size 12 1/2
men's shoes - like a puppy, he grew the feet first, and now the rest of
him is catching up. I'm 5' 6" and he's just hit 5' 10" - and three or
four inches of that height just sprouted over the last couple of
months. I can't get used to him being so big! The laundry is getting
interesting since I can't always tell at a glance whose clothing is
whose between the DH and son.
What happened to my baby!! Waaaah!

Mary G.

Old January 1st 05, 09:41 PM
beeswing

Claire Petersky wrote:

Having a very tall son makes the phrase "They grow up too fast" take on
new meaning. He's only 12, and already he's nearly 5'10"

Wow! Rose just hit 5' 6", and I thought that was tall enough. We are
planning to ride the 200 mile STP this summer, but I am worried that our
tandem (which is for a medium captain, ie, me; and a shorter stoker,
supposedly her) is not going to fit by this summer.

My daughter turned 10 (!) the day before yesterday. She's only 3 inches shorter
than I am (though I'm an admittedly short 5 ft 3 in), but her shoe size is one
bigger than mine (she's already wearing a women's 8 1/2)! Everyone keeps
commenting to us on how big she's grown. I'm dreading the day, which will be
soon enough, when I have to look *up* to her to give her a "dressing *down.*"

beeswing,
proud mom of a wonderful just-turned-10-year-old

Old January 2nd 05, 01:27 AM
Iowacookiemom

I'm dreading the day, which will be
soon enough, when I have to look *up* to her to give her a "dressing *down.*"

Yes, when Henry gets wistful about being taller than both of us, I just remind
him that I'm more than happy to demonstrate that I'm still the Mom...

;-)

-Dawn
Mom to Henry, 12

Old January 3rd 05, 04:10 PM
Lesley

Claire Petersky wrote:
Having a very tall son makes the phrase "They grow up too fast" take on

new

meaning. He's only 12, and already he's nearly 5'10"

Wow! Rose just hit 5' 6", and I thought that was tall enough. We are
planning to ride the 200 mile STP this summer, but I am worried that our
tandem (which is for a medium captain, ie, me; and a shorter stoker,
supposedly her) is not going to fit by this summer.

Wow. You must all feed your children miracle grow (or have some tall
genes in your gene pool.)

Lesley, mom to the 11 yo, 4'9", 63 pound girl. Yes, I do feed her.