False alarm... (x-post)

Old August 11th 05, 01:06 PM
Ilse Witch

Default False alarm... (x-post)

Yesterday around dinner time I felt nauseated and after a while realized
that the nausea came and went in nice 5 minute intervals. I went up to lie
down and lo, some real contraction announced themselves. Nicely regular,
but not extremely painful. After about 2 hours of this I called the
hospital, they suggested to come by anyway, so off we went late evening.

Once there, nothing. After some sleep at 2.30AM things started to get
going and I was unpleasantly reminded of how annoying husbands can stare
at you when you have a contraction, and how painful they can be. Until
about 4.30AM, when things came to a full stop. Gosh, I was *****ed*!!!

This morning we were send home with virtually no increase in dilation,
membranes still in one piece and hardly any contractions worth mentioning.
At least I feel more relaxed at home, but contractions are still hard to
find. It's not entirely quiet, but also not the real thing yet.

Nevertheless, the told us to call again should things get regular again.
We'll see what happens tonight...

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
Old August 11th 05, 01:30 PM
Mamma Mia

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news snip

After some sleep at 2.30AM things started to get
going and I was unpleasantly reminded of how annoying husbands can stare
at you when you have a contraction, and how painful they can be.

snip

what was painful - the contraction or your husband? Heh heh

good luck, keep us posted!

christine

Old August 11th 05, 03:04 PM
Emily

How exicting Isle! I hope you get some rest
now to be ready when the time comes. Maybe
those cx helped get bubs into the right position?

Emily
Old August 11th 05, 03:08 PM
PdB

Ilse Witch wrote:
Yesterday around dinner time I felt nauseated and after a while realized
that the nausea came and went in nice 5 minute intervals. I went up to lie
down and lo, some real contraction announced themselves. Nicely regular,
but not extremely painful. After about 2 hours of this I called the
hospital, they suggested to come by anyway, so off we went late evening.

Once there, nothing.

It's frustrating... I remember the days before DS2 was born: we went to
the hospital 4 times before we were allowed to stay. Fortunately, it was
only a 3 km drive, but still. Once you get there, you just want things
to actually get started.
Still... it is a start. Just a matter of time now... and not too much of it!
Old August 11th 05, 04:00 PM
downriver rat

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
snipped
We'll see what happens tonight...

--
--I

Man, it seems like you just got pregnant! although I'm sure to you it feels
like forever...
I can't wait to see a "they're here!" post!! D
Bethany

Old August 11th 05, 04:10 PM
Anne Rogers

ooh, perhaps these early contractions will help get the first one into a
good position

good luck

Anne

Old August 11th 05, 04:33 PM
toto

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:06:31 +0200, Ilse Witch
wrote:

Nevertheless, the told us to call again should things get regular again.
We'll see what happens tonight...

Keep us posted. I bet it won't be long now. Good luck!

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old August 11th 05, 05:14 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:08:52 +0200, PdB wrote:

It's frustrating... I remember the days before DS2 was born: we went to
the hospital 4 times before we were allowed to stay.

Jeez Peter, you *do* have a nice way of cheering me up ;-)

As far as today is concerned, contractions are irregular, but long and
painful. As long as it stays unstable like this, I won't be going back to
the hospital. I still have a complete lack of appetite, except for a
herring (the real thing, raw with onions, yum!) and my sense of smell must
be better than a dog's by now.

I'm about 1cm dilated and cervix feels nice and soft. Seems boy is still
first and in breech position, but not engaged. I have decided to attempt
normal birth first if things start to move along. That decision is up to
me as long as the first baby is in full breech and doing well :-) At least
I got some decent rest today, and feel as comfortable as I can possibly
get. Even the frustration has worn off, somewhat.

I'll keep you posted!

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
mommy to four tiny angels (Oct '03 - Oct '04)
guardian of DH (age classified)
expecting twins (boy/girl) in August

Autism and cerebral palsy and immediate cord clamping Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 12 March 4th 05 12:44 AM
False alarm... for practice! (a bit long) Zaz Pregnancy 13 November 12th 04 05:51 AM
False alarm :( zolw Pregnancy 30 July 23rd 04 05:52 PM
Kids should work. ChrisScaife Spanking 16 December 7th 03 04:27 AM
False alarm... Rupert Pregnancy 3 November 1st 03 05:28 PM