Child with reaction to mozzy bites

Old December 21st 06, 07:49 AM posted to misc.kids
Sal

Default Child with reaction to mozzy bites

My 4 year old daughter gets very bad reactions to mozzy bites and I
have to cover her with bandaides to stop her scratching them, then
sometimes she gets a reaction to the bandaides too. I usally use some
bepanthum or savlon on them as well. She seems to get biten when no
one else does, even when we are just doing ordinary/everday activities.
I am wondering if there is anything safe to use on children's skin to
stop them from getting biten. And can it be used safely day and night
during the summer.

Old December 21st 06, 10:28 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article . com,
"Sal" wrote:

My 4 year old daughter gets very bad reactions to mozzy bites and I
have to cover her with bandaides to stop her scratching them, then
sometimes she gets a reaction to the bandaides too. I usally use some
bepanthum or savlon on them as well. She seems to get biten when no
one else does, even when we are just doing ordinary/everday activities.
I am wondering if there is anything safe to use on children's skin to
stop them from getting biten. And can it be used safely day and night
during the summer.

Some people are just tastier.

I hear mozzies don't like garlic, so you could try adding more garlic to your
cooking.

Tea-tree oil might work on the stings, but apply carefully as it's strong
stuff. We used metho when we were kids.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old December 21st 06, 12:17 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

What is a mozzy?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

ups.com...

Old December 21st 06, 02:37 PM posted to misc.kids
Marie

"Sue" wrote in message
news:dZmdnXwt4ef85hfYnZ2dnUVZ_vShnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
What is a mozzy?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

I thought "mozzy bites" were like fried mozzerella sticks but short- bite
sized. I'm guessing she means mosquito bites.
Marie

Old December 21st 06, 06:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Boliath

Sal wrote:
My 4 year old daughter gets very bad reactions to mozzy bites and I
have to cover her with bandaides to stop her scratching them, then
sometimes she gets a reaction to the bandaides too. I usally use some
bepanthum or savlon on them as well. She seems to get biten when no
one else does, even when we are just doing ordinary/everday activities.
I am wondering if there is anything safe to use on children's skin to
stop them from getting biten. And can it be used safely day and night
during the summer.

I have the same problem, both myself and my 2 year old son react very
badly to mossies. For him, I spray repellent on his clothes, keep him in
long sleeves and long pants during bug dining hours - dusk - and use an
antihistamine cream when he does get bitten. If he has more than 1 or 2
bites I will give him benadryl to lessen the allergic reaction.

He has swollen badly once or twice, the child safe sprays just don't
work for him, so the doc advised me to spray his clothes before I put
them on him and make sure his legs and arms are covered, socks tucked in
if necessary.

It's a pain in the neck being so sensitive to bug bites, I feel your
daughters pain, I can sit with a group of people and be the only one bitten!

I have ended up in hospital twice with cellulitis caused by scratching
bug bites so please do your best to prevent her from scratching,
especially with dirty fingernails.
Old December 22nd 06, 03:23 AM posted to misc.kids
A & L Lane

"Marie" wrote in message
"Sue" wrote in message
news:dZmdnXwt4ef85hfYnZ2dnUVZ_vShnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
What is a mozzy?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

I thought "mozzy bites" were like fried mozzerella sticks but short- bite
sized. I'm guessing she means mosquito bites.
Marie

Mozzie is Aussie for Mosquito.

cheers
Leah

Old December 22nd 06, 11:05 AM posted to misc.kids
Sue

"Marie" wrote in message
I thought "mozzy bites" were like fried mozzerella sticks but short- bite
sized. I'm guessing she means mosquito bites.

LOL. Thanks.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 24th 06, 04:20 PM posted to misc.kids
betsy

Sal wrote:
My 4 year old daughter gets very bad reactions to mozzy bites and I
have to cover her with bandaides to stop her scratching them, then
sometimes she gets a reaction to the bandaides too. I usally use some
bepanthum or savlon on them as well. She seems to get biten when no
one else does, even when we are just doing ordinary/everday activities.
I am wondering if there is anything safe to use on children's skin to
stop them from getting biten. And can it be used safely day and night
during the summer.

There are the citrus wrist bands. They just confuse the mosquitos,
rather than repelling them. We also got a quiet little clip on
noisemaker that scares them off by making a dragonfly sound. We have
had trouble with bandaid reactions too. The white paper skin tape (3m
brand) combined with sepatately bought pads cut to size works better
for us.

--Betsy

Old December 26th 06, 10:31 AM posted to misc.kids
Sal

Hi everyone. Thankyou for all your ideas and suggestions. I will be
trying them. Sorry I used the word mozzy, rather than mosquito.