my daughter's home!

Old July 26th 05, 01:44 PM
CME

".'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:37:46 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Kate don't feel bad, I've been struggling with my weight for about 5 years
now. I was on depro-prova and it messed up my metabolism and hormone
levels
so much that dieting and exercise didn't matter. I gained 75lbs in ONE
YEAR
and have been fighting to lose the last 30-40 for about 4 years now. It
does affect how you view yourself... I went from a Barbie to Rosie Doll in
short amount of time and yeah I was depressed over it. But now I look at
it, that I'm still the same person... I'm still sexy, smart and have alot
going for myself, and if people want to judge me because I'm flabbier than
used to be then they're not worth knowing.

Christine

Depro provera will do that, that's for sure.

It is more about how I feel about myself than about actual weight. And
it's not that 'B' cares. He is more accepting of how I look than I am.

People do treat me differently now. Maybe it's that I've lost confidence
or that I can't fit in my nice clothing and see this as temporary... so
I buy cheap clothing that doesn't necessarily look good. I can't see
investing in anything nice.

I started back on Atkins. this is day 3. I feel a lot better without the
sugar and refined carbs. In another 10 days or so, I should be 10 lbs
lighter. That'll help. My goal is to lose 20 by the time school starts
august 25th. If I can do that, it'll be easier to do the hike from the
parking lot in 100 degree plus heat. Geez, it's hot out there.

Thanks, C.

'Kate

I flat out refuse to give up carbs, oh my sweet sweet carbs. lol I don't
crave sugar or chocolate, but oh do I love rice and pasta. Chips are banned
in this house but then I end up caving and buying a bag, they're like crack.

~sigh~

Christine

Old July 26th 05, 01:45 PM
CME

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:44:30 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Yeah I have a charity organization picking up a bunch of stuff too. I
find
it helps my mental state to do a complete organization of my house and
throw
out the **** I don't need. Now if only shedding pounds was that easy. :'(

Christine

(Btw, I haven't been on lately because a rain storm fried my DSL modem so
I'm waiting for a human error to be corrected at work so I can finally get
my paycheck and then I can go out and buy a new one, and Telus will credit
my account... I don't see why they can't just give me a new one and call
it
even. lol)

:-) Yeah... I was just being overly sensitive that day. I can get that
way. I know that things happen and you guys are busy with your own stuff.
It's not easy to be a single parent and I forget, sometimes, what it was
like before.

I have managed to throw out or donate about six trash bags full of stuff
so far.

I hope you get your check straightened out and get that modem soon.

'Kate

I have had nothing but bad luck when it comes to money this month, I think
life is trying to teach me something.

Christine

Old July 26th 05, 01:48 PM
CME

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:07:44 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Yeah where do you draw the line between giving someone the benefit of the
doubt, and being so guarded, you don't believe a word? So many people talk
the talk and it drives me nuts. I'm becoming quite jaded.

I think you draw it differently depending on how well and how long you
know that person. I also ask myself, "would a reasonable person ask this
of me knowing my situation?" And if it doesn't seem fair and I wouldn't
do it, I politely decline the request. Some people are moochers. They've
learned to do that 'cause it works a lot of the time... and if not, they
haven't lost anything. The person they ask might, though. It's not good
to let moochers continue to mooch. They have to learn to take care of
their own emergencies (including kids who constantly forget things). The
repercussions will usually straighten out the behavior. Letting the
repercussions happen is often a kindness to that person... saying no is
good for you and the moocher. At least, that's how I think of it.

And when I can help because I want to do something nice... I think of
the people who have done something nice for me or who I really think are
trying hard to make things better for their families.

'Kate

Yeah enabling is something I try hard to avoid, especially in my own
children. The last thing I want is for them to grow up becoming dependent,
a mother that killed them with kindness.

Christine

Old July 26th 05, 01:50 PM
CME

".'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:17:29 GMT, "CME" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Yeah I have to deal with that alot too. You start dating someone and they
have so much baggage from previous relationships that it irks me. I have
never taken advantage of anyone in my entire life, yet I feel like I'm
having to prove to men that I'm genuinely a good person. I mean Jesus, I
could have taken my ex-fiancé to the cleaners. Gotten part of his
pension,
his car, even had him take responsibility for my children but I told my
lawyer no. I only wanted things split evenly, anything more wasn't right,
and he looked at me like I was insane. lol I could turn to the dark side,
date men, use them, marry for money but you know what? I was raised
better
and I don't want my children being brought up with the expectation that
that's normal. So instead I struggle, I get hurt, but at least I can look
at myself in the mirror every morning and like what's looking back at me.

So NAH :P

Christine

Yeah. NAH. :P

You are a genuinely good person.