Help for morning sickness

Old February 4th 05, 11:50 PM

Default Help for morning sickness

Hello! I am new to this group and was actually researching IUGR when I
saw all the posts about morning sickness and I thought I would share my
"secret" for "curing" it! Follow all of the customary advice such as
never having an empty stomach, eat smaller meals frequently, etc. but,
as soon as you feel really nauseaous - eat 2 or 3 dried apricots (most
stores carry these in the fruit section) and drink about 3 ounces of
warm ginger ale. I had morning sickness until almost the 5th month and
this is what got me through - within 2 or 3 minutes, all my nausea was
gone and it stayed away for several hours!The funniest thing is that up
until then, I hated apricots! Just wanted to share something that
worked for me for any of you out there feeling miserable. It also works
for nausea from the flu or other "bugs"

thedogzoo

Ps: This will all be behind you soon...just hang in there!

Old February 8th 05, 06:43 AM
carl jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello! I am new to this group and was actually researching IUGR when I
saw all the posts about morning sickness and I thought I would share my
"secret" for "curing" it! Follow all of the customary advice such as
never having an empty stomach, eat smaller meals frequently, etc. but,
as soon as you feel really nauseaous - eat 2 or 3 dried apricots (most
stores carry these in the fruit section) and drink about 3 ounces of
warm ginger ale. I had morning sickness until almost the 5th month and
this is what got me through - within 2 or 3 minutes, all my nausea was
gone and it stayed away for several hours!The funniest thing is that up
until then, I hated apricots! Just wanted to share something that
worked for me for any of you out there feeling miserable. It also works
for nausea from the flu or other "bugs"

I have never heard this with apricots. I usually recommend herbal teas or
homeopathic remedies; but I will give apricots a whirl. Thanks

Carl