day 35 and counting....

Old January 9th 08, 09:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default day 35 and counting....

I find myself in a place I've not been before. As a teenager, I often
had long cycles, but I wasn't sexually active, so it never caused any
worry. Well before I was married my cycles were very settled, not like
clock work, but never longer than 31 days. The only cycle I had that
was longer than that wasn't really a true cycle, I had just come off
the mini pill, we were ttc, turned out we did conceive, but even
though I waited a few days, the first test was negative, as was the
2nd a few days later, which we figured out later was about 12dpo and
I'd ovulated on day 22 or 23, so it would have been a 37ish day cycle.
I'm now on day 35, we're not ttc and have been using a diagphragm,
which I'm well aware aren't the best birth control around, just the
best choice for us at this time. Whatever way I count I'm now well and
truely late!

When I got pregnant first time, the symptoms were so clear, so
obvious, I wondered how anyone could ever not know they were pregnant,
but I found out myself 2nd time this was definitely possible, after
those negative tests, I wasn't going to waste anymore money on tests
and I really couldn't pin point any symptoms and thought I wasn't
pregnant and I just had to wait whilst my body normalised after
stopping the mini pill. I found out I was pregnant at almost 8 weeks
by LMP and a bit after 6 by a dating scan and it was only on that day
that I even wondered whether it was a possibility as my nipples were
sore.

I'm left feeling that there is little point going to buy a test, if
it's positive, then I don't need to know today, if it's negative then
it tells me nothing, if I ovulated late, thus delaying my period, I
could still be pregnant. I'd almost rather find out later, the first
trimester goes a heck of a lot faster that way! An unplanned pregnancy
would still be a welcome one, I'd definitely have a lot of worries
about it, but in some ways less than actually planning a pregnancy. I
am taking some meds, but I checked them all a few months back and I
think they were all cat B in the 1st trimester, I'm not taking folic
acid, I was taking vitamin pills for a while and fell out of the habit
of it, I think I still have some left, so I'll dig them out, they have
the standard 400 micrograms of folic acid in them.

Time will tell!

Anne
Old January 9th 08, 10:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Linda

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Anne, I think from your previous posts I remember you saying you were
given the all clear, and you weren't ready yet, but you were ready to start
thinking about number #3 is that right?
I hope it works out for you - and if it turns out that you're not pg that
you're not too disappointed!!

Old January 9th 08, 11:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Hi Anne, I think from your previous posts I remember you saying you were
given the all clear, and you weren't ready yet, but you were ready to start
thinking about number #3 is that right?
I hope it works out for you - and if it turns out that you're not pg that
you're not too disappointed!!

Thanks Linda, you hit it spot on, there are a gazillion and one
reasons why just now isn't the best both medically and practically. On
the other side of the coin, I've had this niggle in my mind that if we
actually planned it, I'd not go through with it, that I'd panic and
not want to do it and that would be mostly not to do with some of the
joint issues I might face, but more the sickness, the general how
pregnancy makes you feel, that kind of thing, I had some awful food
and smell aversions, I also got a fair few hot flushes and boy, do
they make you feel awful, even if it's just for a few minutes, it
really gave me sympathy for menopausal women! So I think I probably
will feel a twinge of disappointment as in some ways an accidental
pregnancy would be "better". A couple of months ago I was right on the
cusp of "late for me", my period arrived on day 31, at that time I was
very disappointed, but only because it was 2 days before my hip
surgery and I was very anxious and being pregnant would have got me
off the hook, but at least it showed both me and DH that it was
something we wanted at some point. I've been keeping DH in the loop
and he was visibly excited this morning, but also doesn't see the
point in doing a test, we've got a 2.5yr old sat in front of us to
remind us that negative can mean nothing more than testing too soon!

Cheers
Anne
Old January 10th 08, 10:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

Could it be an effect of the surgery you had? GA's mess up my cycle. Hope
you find out either way soon!

Lucy x

Old January 10th 08, 08:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

On Jan 10, 2:26*am, "Lucy-lu" wrote:
Could it be an effect of the surgery you had? GA's mess up my cycle. Hope
you find out either way soon!

I don't know, I had a period 4 weeks after the surgery, exactly when I
expected it, day 30. I had to go pick up prescriptions today, so I did
buy a test, it's negative, but like I said, no period and a negative
doesn't mean all that much. The odd thing is, I've had premenstural
twinges for 6 days, which I usually only get for about 12 hours before
my period. So I'm still waiting, not that that bothers me too much.

Anne
Old January 12th 08, 07:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

On Jan 10, 2:31*pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
On Jan 10, 2:26*am, "Lucy-lu" wrote:

Could it be an effect of the surgery you had? GA's mess up my cycle. Hope
you find out either way soon!

I don't know, I had a period 4 weeks after the surgery, exactly when I
expected it, day 30. I had to go pick up prescriptions today, so I did
buy a test, it's negative, but like I said, no period and a negative
doesn't mean all that much. The odd thing is, I've had premenstural
twinges for 6 days, which I usually only get for about 12 hours before
my period. So I'm still waiting, not that that bothers me too much.

Anne

I can finally type from my computer instead of my blackberry so I can
more easily respond...

Anne, anything yet? Are you sure you ovulated? Anything particularly
stressful happen around when you should have ovulated to delay it? I
had an annovulatory cycle just before I got pg, and then a very long
cycle on the one I did conceive, which reflected some major events in
my life at the time.

Good luck and I hope it gets answered soon one way or another!
Old January 12th 08, 10:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Anne, anything yet? Are you sure you ovulated? Anything particularly
stressful happen around when you should have ovulated to delay it? I
had an annovulatory cycle just before I got pg, and then a very long
cycle on the one I did conceive, which reflected some major events in
my life at the time.

Nothing particularly stressful has happened, obviously I did have the
surgery, but nothing stands out as being anything above normal
flucuations that have never appeared to effect my cycle. I've not been
charting, I'm aware of cervical mucous changes, but have found that my
own pattern is to have a relatively long period of egg white cervical
mucous, such that ovulation can't be pin pointed and maybe not
guaranteed. I'm now 10 days late, I have not been this late and not
been pregnant since before I went on the pill 12 years ago! I'm well
aware that randomness happens, it just seems to be the lot of women,
but I'm equally well aware that a diaphragm is about the least
reliable method there is, even when used correctly, and I'm pretty
confident that I have done so. I reread the pregnancy test
instructions and notice a bit about fluid consumption possibly leading
to a false negative due to dilute urine, well I had drunk a full
bottle of water within the 3/4hour before testing, so I'll be sure to
do a morning sample if I test again. I can't decide whether to do it
tomorrow morning or continue to wait.

Thankfully, I feel remarkably unbothered by the not knowing, if I was
getting anxious or anything, I'd have to start thinking about other
contraceptive choices, but that's not easy either, I have a huge
number of reasons for avoiding anything hormonal, some pain issues
that I need to talk to my doctor about that make me think a coil isn't
a great idea, condoms have been dismal for us. I feel in a good place,
where if I am pregnant I'd be happy, but if I'm not I'd also be happy,
which means I'm happy now, with a grin on my face and a little giggle
as I write this. I don't mean happy as in content, accepting, but
genuinely happy, loving life etc.

Cheers
Anne
Old January 13th 08, 09:12 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Thankfully, I feel remarkably unbothered by the not knowing, if I was
getting anxious or anything, I'd have to start thinking about other
contraceptive choices, but that's not easy either, I have a huge
number of reasons for avoiding anything hormonal, some pain issues
that I need to talk to my doctor about that make me think a coil isn't
a great idea, condoms have been dismal for us. I feel in a good place,
where if I am pregnant I'd be happy, but if I'm not I'd also be happy,
which means I'm happy now, with a grin on my face and a little giggle
as I write this. I don't mean happy as in content, accepting, but
genuinely happy, loving life etc.

Cheers
Anne

Apologies if I missed anything, but any news?

Lu x

Old January 14th 08, 12:37 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Apologies if I missed anything, but any news?

nothing more new than another negative test! When I got up this
morning, I realised DH and I had never actually agreed whether I'd do
a test this morning or not, so I used a cup and asked him when I had
chance, we agreed to test it and it was negative. I think DH is
getting a little worried about me, I've felt fairly rough today, I've
had a twingy pain on the right from diaphragm downwards, but it's only
a twinge, I just don't like twinges that have been around for over a
week! Before this all began I'd scheduled a doctors appointment which
is 10days away, something will have happened by then, I'm sure!

Anne

33 weeks and counting! cjra Pregnancy 7 May 19th 06 10:59 AM
Counting kicks Hooferoo Pregnancy 14 April 12th 05 03:04 PM
39 weeks and counting A&G&K Pregnancy 2 August 12th 04 10:59 PM
Week 4 and counting... wrestleantares General 0 January 22nd 04 02:04 PM
38 weeks and counting! Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 9 July 25th 03 05:51 PM