The Worst Restaurant Foods for Kids

Old May 2nd 09, 08:21 AM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Orlando Enrique Fiol

Default The Worst Restaurant Foods for Kids

wrote:
Sounds like my 8yo. And my 5yo for that matter. Freedom comes with
responsibilty. You want to be able to play in the woods and not just thee
yard. You are responsible to stay in earshot and stay out of the road.
Demonstrate you are not responsible. you loose the freedom. It is not
punishment. It is reality.

Excellent! I'll remember that if I ever have kids.

I remember having my kids and 2 other kids. We were taking a trip to the
beach (lake ). They were being total jerks, not listening to a single
thing I said. I pulled the car over. I said to all four of them. It is
unsafe for me to take 4 children who will no listen to my requests for safe
and considerate behavior. I will not have you be unsafe. If you want to go
to the beach, it is time to start listening to me. If any ignoring
continues, we will turn around and go home. Understood? We pulled out, and
the older boy of the other 2 kids immediately starts in on the previous
behavior (unbuckling his belt). My son says Stop It. She is not kidding. Put
your belt on now or she will bring us home. No she won't says the kid. YES
SHE WILL says my son. They were angels for the rest of the day.

Good on you! I admire your parenting.

Orlando
Old May 2nd 09, 01:01 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Hoots

Stephanie wrote:
The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Anthony Allende wrote:

WAHHHH It's not my fault!!

So you believe that when posting a list of alternative foods for
children, the expectation that the children in question will actually
eat it is unreasonable?

What is unreasonable about chicken?

Well, they don't pick up after themselves and they are forever crossing
the road.

But, they aren't all bad - they taste like alligator.
Old May 2nd 09, 01:02 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Hoots

Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
%A wrote:
On the flip side, if every person who attempted a conversation weren't
disended upon as a person of raging hate, at lease insofar as the group were
concerned, then there would be less dismissing as psychotic blathering.

Let's be part of the solution. I haven't directed any hatred at you. In fact,
I've agreed with most of your points, which indicates that we're beginning a
fruitful conversation. It's easy for both sides on the fat issue to blame
rather than help each other. Those who condemn the overweight need to realize
that we're not fat because of insufficient will power, control over eating or
understanding of health. On the other side, those of us who've begun turning
our lives around and losing weight shouldn't get so cocky that we forget those
who haven't yet gotten to the point of needing to take desperate measures, let
alone figuring out which measures to take. Thue truth is that on South Beach, I
eat lean protein and vegetables most of the time, supplemented with some fruit,
whole grains and even an occasional "whatever meal" with refined carbs. My
total cholesterol is down more than a hundred points. My fasting glucose is
within a normal range. I no longer get gout attacks or debilitating knee pain.
My blood pressure is at its lowest. I'm better able to walk without my feet
hurting or running out of breath. But, as though all these health benefits
weren't enough, I'm gradually attaining a balance between eating what I love
ahdn what works best for my body. All in all, even though I can't always eat
what I want, I can usually find something truly enjoyable. I don't count
calories or worry about portion sizes, except with carbs and sweets, which I
must curtail. The point is that losing weight consistently and healthily hasn't
been as much of a drag as I thought it would be. But, I had to get away from
the moralizers around me who told me I'd have to do without nearly everything
and put up with persistent hunger in order to reach my goal. Fact is, I don't
have to be hungry to lose weight. In fact, the more lean protein and veggies I
eat, the fewer cravings I feel and the more weight I lose.

Bringing this back around to our original topic, let's face it, the food
industry is on the take; it wants to produce cheap foods that seem to satisfy
broad desires for grease, salt, processed meat and sugar. Fast food restaurants
make a profit because people continue patronizing them. They're not in the
business of sadistically serving unhealthy food; they want to earn a profit. If
millions of Americans wanted leaner meat that isn't fried, fewer carbs and no
high fructose corn syrup, they'd get on the ball to provide that to people. So,
why do we continue wanting these foods even though so many of us know how
unhealthy they are? In many neighborhoods, those foods are the only convenient
and affordable choices we have. It takes time and skill to cook. With both
parents working in many families, no one has time to shop or cook. But, I think
Americans could learn quite a lot from immigrant populations who, despite
hectic work schedules and grinding poverty, often still find time and energy to
cook in order to maintain vital cultural connections via food. That might be
part of the problem here. We've forgotten food as culture, home cooking as an
expression of family traditions and ethnic identity. We've bought the lie that
food is just an engineered product intended to keep us on the go and working
for the man. Food can mean so much more than the animalistic satisfaction of
primal taste urges. While I'm not suggesting that we ignore what tastes good to
us, I am suggesting that we're getting far more negative side effects from
following the tastes encouraged by the food industry.

Folks, stop trying to find the healthiest options on fast food menus, get back
home and into your kitchens.

Orlando

Wow!

Looks like a sugar buzz to me.
Old May 2nd 09, 01:26 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

Hoots wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Anthony Allende wrote:

WAHHHH It's not my fault!!
So you believe that when posting a list of alternative foods for
children, the expectation that the children in question will
actually eat it is unreasonable?

What is unreasonable about chicken?

Well, they don't pick up after themselves and they are forever
crossing the road.

My favorite parenting author calls them "uncivilized bozos.' That's what
they gave them parents for. But they sure as hell would not have the freedom
outside without Mom if they were in the road.

But, they aren't all bad - they taste like alligator.

Old May 2nd 09, 01:49 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Hoots

Stephanie wrote:
Hoots wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Anthony Allende wrote:

WAHHHH It's not my fault!!
So you believe that when posting a list of alternative foods for
children, the expectation that the children in question will
actually eat it is unreasonable?
What is unreasonable about chicken?

Well, they don't pick up after themselves and they are forever
crossing the road.

My favorite parenting author calls them "uncivilized bozos.' That's what
they gave them parents for. But they sure as hell would not have the freedom
outside without Mom if they were in the road.

But, they aren't all bad - they taste like alligator.

Chickens are uncivilized?

I learn something new every day!

Old May 2nd 09, 05:03 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Hoots

Stephanie wrote:
Hoots wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
Hoots wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Anthony Allende wrote:

WAHHHH It's not my fault!!
So you believe that when posting a list of alternative foods for
children, the expectation that the children in question will
actually eat it is unreasonable?
What is unreasonable about chicken?

Well, they don't pick up after themselves and they are forever
crossing the road.

My favorite parenting author calls them "uncivilized bozos.' That's
what they gave them parents for. But they sure as hell would not
have the freedom outside without Mom if they were in the road.

But, they aren't all bad - they taste like alligator.

Chickens are uncivilized?

I learn something new every day!

I am an idiot!

Well, at least you're not an uncivilized chicken.
Old May 2nd 09, 06:25 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Kate XXXXXX

Hoots wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
Hoots wrote:
Stephanie wrote:
The Master wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Anthony Allende wrote:

WAHHHH It's not my fault!!
So you believe that when posting a list of alternative foods for
children, the expectation that the children in question will
actually eat it is unreasonable?
What is unreasonable about chicken?

Well, they don't pick up after themselves and they are forever
crossing the road.

My favorite parenting author calls them "uncivilized bozos.' That's
what they gave them parents for. But they sure as hell would not have
the freedom outside without Mom if they were in the road.

But, they aren't all bad - they taste like alligator.

Chickens are uncivilized?

Yes. And mad, and bloody-minded, and as stuborn as hell. Oh, and
unbelievavbly stupid. The ones that lived at the bottom of our garden
for several years were, anyway.

I learn something new every day!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!