CTTS

Old September 11th 04, 12:44 AM
toypup

Default CTTS

I'm one of those parents that picks a couple of things I find agreeable and
giving DS the choice between them. Sometimes, it's so he thinks he made a
choice when he really didn't. You know, like when I want him to take a
bath, but don't give him the choice of not taking one, just ask if he wants
a bubble bath or a plain bath. DS caught on better than I thought. We were
in Petsmart and he wanted to buy some dog toys. Of course, I don't want to
buy dog toys, so DS brought me 2 toys and told me, "Mommy, pick one. Which
one do you want, this one or this one?" Gotta give the kid some credit

Old September 11th 04, 02:28 AM
Rosalie B.

"toypup" wrote:

I'm one of those parents that picks a couple of things I find agreeable and
giving DS the choice between them. Sometimes, it's so he thinks he made a
choice when he really didn't. You know, like when I want him to take a
bath, but don't give him the choice of not taking one, just ask if he wants
a bubble bath or a plain bath. DS caught on better than I thought. We were
in Petsmart and he wanted to buy some dog toys. Of course, I don't want to
buy dog toys, so DS brought me 2 toys and told me, "Mommy, pick one. Which
one do you want, this one or this one?" Gotta give the kid some credit

My mom was one who tried not to tell me that I should NOT do something
and would instead give me something TO do. She was on bed rest, and
there was a book on obstetrics depicting all sorts of malformed
fetuses etc, and I had picked it up and was looking at it. She didn't
want me to do that, so she said, "If you bring me a book, I'll read
you a story." I did put the book down, but as I left to get a book
for her to read, I turned and said, "That's Ok mommy, I won't read
that book if you don't want me to."

I was a bit older than your DS I think - probably about 6 or 7.

grandma Rosalie