teacher/grad student needs help!

Old November 22nd 06, 03:27 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default teacher/grad student needs help!

Hi,

I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this question, but I
have a huge favor to ask. I am a special education teacher working on
my Masters. In my statistics class I have to do a short research paper
that also involves collecting my own data. My paper is focusing on
job/work satisfaction scores, comparing regular education teachers to
special education teachers (at any level). Now, I'm loaded down with
special education teachers (I work at an alternative school), but I
don't know any regular/general ed teachers to complete my survey!

So, I'm asking if there are any general education teachers in this
tribe who would be willing to complete a 12-question survey? They are
all just rating on a scale from 1-5, no written responses required. I'm
trying to figure out a way to post it somewhere, but as of right now,
I'd have to email it to you, and you'd email me back.

Anyone? Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Thanks for your time!

Old November 22nd 06, 03:51 PM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

wrote in message
oups.com...
So, I'm asking if there are any general education teachers in this
tribe who would be willing to complete a 12-question survey? They
are
all just rating on a scale from 1-5, no written responses required.
I'm
trying to figure out a way to post it somewhere, but as of right
now,
I'd have to email it to you, and you'd email me back.

There are a few teachers on this group, though I'm not one of them.
However, you'd get a much better and much more controlled sample if
you went to your local schools and passed out the survey. That way
you can get the grades you want, and you'll be closer to comparing
apples to apples since your respondents would be from the same area.
And, most importantly, you'll have a better confidence that the people
answering your survey are who they say they are. On a newsgroup you
have no way of knowing if the people are for real or not.

I'm willing to bet that if you called the principals at a couple of
local schools and explained what you wanted and why, you'd find one
who would let you pass out the survey at their school.

Good luck,

Bizby

Old November 23rd 06, 12:27 AM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

"bizby40" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I agree completely with Bizby. By going on the internet, you'll have no
control over selection of the group. You might even have students or bored,
retired people taking the test. You'll have not way to find out who is
really taking the test because people are not always honest on the internet.

Jeff

Why have kids? Mike General 310 February 21st 06 07:17 PM
Consider Hosting an Exchange Student ayusa General 0 August 12th 04 06:26 PM
Host an Exchange Student! ayusa General 0 July 12th 04 08:35 PM
The Disneyland DA and The Fluoride Deception: Did UCLA coerce dental student silence? Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 June 26th 04 03:54 PM
Ex-medical student crime: MDs manipulate *baby's* spine when mother is suffering pain! Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 August 23rd 03 10:21 PM