REAL action

Old July 29th 04, 04:41 PM
Zimm

Default REAL action

How come all we do is bitch in this newsgroup? (for the most part
anyway) Where is all the action?

I want to know what we as US citizens can do to change these laws. Why
does child support and custody take such a back seat to issues such as
homosexual marriage? If they can get all that publicity, why can't we?
Surely we have the numbers of people involved to make a stink. I
don't understand. Is it because we don't have a famous person leading
the way? Is it because there are so many pieces to our issue that it's
just too complicated? Granted, I don't know how to try to get a law
changed but I'm willing to bet some of you do.

So tell us, who do we write to? Who do we call? What petitions do we
sign? What's the first step?

Zimm

Old July 29th 04, 05:40 PM
Gini

In article , Zimm says...

How come all we do is bitch in this newsgroup? (for the most part
anyway)

====
That is what Usenet is for.
====

Where is all the action?

====
In the real world.
====

I want to know what we as US citizens can do to change these laws.

====
Take every possible opportunity to enlighten people to the realities of family
court--I am now in a "letter to the editor" dialogue locally that has given me
the opportunity to, hopefully, make folks aware of how things are skewed against
fathers. It's a relatively small but effective (and important) venue. You can
also find out which of your state legislators are on the family law committee
and write to them. You can also lobby your US congressional reps.
=====

Why
does child support and custody take such a back seat to issues such as
homosexual marriage?

=====
Gay men enjoy a higher social status than heterosexual fathers. They are also
much *louder.*
====

If they can get all that publicity, why can't we?

====
See above re *louder.*
====

Surely we have the numbers of people involved to make a stink. I
don't understand. Is it because we don't have a famous person leading
the way? Is it because there are so many pieces to our issue that it's
just too complicated? Granted, I don't know how to try to get a law
changed but I'm willing to bet some of you do.

====
Society has been conditioned to believe that men are merely breadwinners and
victimizers, and women are helpless incapable victims deserving government
protection (insert Pammie's picture here). Fathers are not a sympathetic group.
Society does not realize how fathers are treated in family court. They need to
be enlightened.
====

So tell us, who do we write to? Who do we call? What petitions do we
sign? What's the first step?

=====
First Step: Ignore Bob-Bob.
Second Step: Talking, writing at *every* opportunity to *everyone.* (And learn
to recognize opportunity.)
====
====

Zimm

Old July 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Bob

Zimm wrote:
How come all we do is bitch in this newsgroup? (for the most part
anyway) Where is all the action?

I want to know what we as US citizens can do to change these laws.

There are many suggestions. Raising consiousness it an important part,
and the Internet is one of the few channels available.

Why
does child support and custody take such a back seat to issues such as
homosexual marriage?

Fathers are generally poor and full time busy. Rump riders have no
family resonsibility so they are generally much wealthier, spend more
time getting ahead, and are much less otherwise occupied with families.

If they can get all that publicity, why can't we?

We'er busy taking care of our children. They spend their plentiful free
time lobbying.

Surely we have the numbers of people involved to make a stink. I don't
understand. Is it because we don't have a famous person leading the
way? Is it because there are so many pieces to our issue that it's just
too complicated? Granted, I don't know how to try to get a law changed
but I'm willing to bet some of you do.

That's a good question. Some rich men also have lost big time. Why
does Kerry, for example, not complan about the misandrist laws that took
his kids away and made him pay? Why do men even vote for pansies like him?

So tell us, who do we write to? Who do we call? What petitions do we
sign? What's the first step?
Zimm

Send mail to your congressitonal representatives and every state and
local representative at least once every month. Keep reminding them.

Bob

--

When did we divide into sides?

"As president, I will put American government and our legal system back
on the side of women." John Kerry, misandrist Democratic candidate for
President. http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/women/

[Bob does not advocate any illegal, seditious, or immoral acts. All
posts are for discussion, rhetorical, or humorous purposes only.]

Old July 29th 04, 08:10 PM
DLove

While the men's movement has been slow to get off the ground because the
misandrict voices of the radical feminist have all but drowned out any
sane voice of fairness or justice and the only way the movement has gained
momentum is by the ever increasing crop of new men that are getting the
shaft in family courts.

1.) Yes writing letters is important
http://www.menstuff.org/resources/re...les/write.html
but is not the only thing you can do. The net provides many resouces to
help one become an advocate.

2.) Inform as many men (and women) as possible every chance you get and do
it without fear of reprisals you will hear.

3.) Understand that the above methods will not by themselves provide
relief so be aware of those groups that are willing to take the next step
which is civil disobedience and plan to particapate.

4.) Be willing to sacrafice your time and money

I'm sure there are those in this group that can add more.

DLove