Grandmother protests moving boy out of state: A half-dozen protesterssat outside Department of Health and Human Services...

Old June 28th 07, 07:32 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Grandmother protests moving boy out of state: A half-dozen protesterssat outside Department of Health and Human Services...

Grandmother protests moving boy out of state

BY MICHAEL ARMSTRONG
STAFF WRITER

http://www.homernews.com/stories/062...s_a3_001.shtml

A half-dozen protesters sat outside Department of Health and Human
Services, Office of Children's Services on Lake Street Friday to protest
an OCS decision to move an 8-year-old boy to a Texas treatment facility.
The boy was scheduled to leave Alaska this week.

Sitting or standing by a sign for the Division of Family and Youth
Services the former name of OCS about a half-dozen friends displayed
slogans like "Keep Our Kids Here" and "Leave Kids in Loving Homes."
Corinne Coffey, the boy's grandmother, held a sign that read "Help me
see my grandson 1 last time."

Coffey said her grandson has been diagnosed with autism, bipolar
depression and attention-deficit disorder. Her daughter was not able to
care for the boy, Coffey said. Coffey had custody of the boy off-and-on
until he was 5 and then after that until July 2005, when she had to give
him up because of health reasons. Dana Payne, a friend of Coffey's at
the protest, was the boy's foster parent; the boy is now a ward of the
state.

OCS sent the boy to a treatment facility in Anchorage, and allowed
Coffey to visit him. OCS decided to send him to Texas, she said a move
that would make it expensive for her to visit.

"They (OCS) say they don't have any place to take care of these kids,"
Coffey said. "Well fine. Give him back to me."

OCS follows strict procedures in deciding when it takes a child into
state custody, said Susan Morgan, communications coordinator for Alaska
Health and Social Services. Because of privacy concerns, OCS cannot
speak about individual cases, Morgan said. She did discuss general
policies regarding sending children to the Lower 48 for treatment.

"When children require intensive residential psychiatric treatment
services that are not currently available in Alaska, an Out-of-State
Placement Committee consisting of representatives from various divisions
and agencies including the Division of Behavioral Health and the
Division of Juvenile Justice reviews that child's situation before they
make any placement decision," Morgan said in a statement prepared by
OCS. "A judge must approve the placement and the placements are reviewed
on a regular basis. The placement decision does not rest solely with the
Office of Children's Services."

OCS recently hired a coordinator for its Bring the Kids home project, an
initiative to keep Alaska children in Alaska treatment facilities,
Morgan said. Last year, Alaska had 429 children in Lower 48 residential
psychiatric facilities. This year, 301 Alaskans in treatment Outside.

Payne said Coffey visited her grandson Saturday in Anchorage for 90
minutes. She said the group plans to hold protests every Friday from
noon to 5 p.m. Payne has talked to OCS setting up a community meeting in
Homer to listen to concerns. Before setting up a meeting, OCS needs to
know how many people would attend, she said. People interested in
attending a meeting should call Payne at 235-9393.

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NATIONAL
SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

Imagine that, 6.4 children die at the hands of the very agencies that
are supposed to protect them and only 1.5 at the hands of parents per
100,000 children. CPS perpetrates more abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
and kills more children then parents in the United States. If the
citizens of this country hold CPS to the same standards that they hold
parents too. No judge should ever put another child in the hands of ANY
government agency because CPS nationwide is guilty of more harm and
death than any human being combined. CPS nationwide is guilty of more
human rights violations and deaths of children then the homes from which
they were removed. When are the judges going to wake up and see that
they are sending children to their death and a life of abuse when
children are removed from safe homes based on the mere opinion of a
bunch of social workers.

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...
Old June 28th 07, 11:53 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Division of Family and Youth Services the former name of OCS

Alaska joined the pack of CPS agencies changing their
name to supposedly avoid the bad PR they earned under
the old name?

Several people call CPS agencies the "Alphabet Agencies"
because so many of them change their names.

Even funnier is that often one state's will change TO
a name that several other states have changed away from.

Is anybody really fooled by these name changes?

Money is wasted too since forms and stationary
are commonly junked to get new ones with the
new name.

Within cases a family may experience a number
of caseworkers and contractors over time, apparently
an effort to spread the liability in case of a law suit.

Families die of many small agency abuses and this
way no one caseworker can be pointed out for it all.

Old June 29th 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Dan Sullivan

On Jun 28, 6:53 pm, Greegor wrote:
Division of Family and Youth Services the former name of OCS

Alaska joined the pack of CPS agencies changing their
name to supposedly avoid the bad PR they earned under
the old name?

Several people call CPS agencies the "Alphabet Agencies"
because so many of them change their names.

Even funnier is that often one state's will change TO
a name that several other states have changed away from.

Is anybody really fooled by these name changes?

Money is wasted too since forms and stationary
are commonly junked to get new ones with the
new name.

A little boy is about to be moved across the United States away from
his family and you focus on the cost of paper!

It's never about the kids with you, is it, Greg.

The last thing I'd worry about with CPS is how much money they spend
on stationary.

Old June 29th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

On Jun 28, 6:53 pm, Dan Sullivan wrote:
On Jun 28, 6:53 pm, Greegor wrote:

Division of Family and Youth Services the former name of OCS

Alaska joined the pack of CPS agencies changing their
name to supposedly avoid the bad PR they earned under
the old name?

Several people call CPS agencies the "Alphabet Agencies"
because so many of them change their names.

Even funnier is that often one state's will change TO
a name that several other states have changed away from.

Is anybody really fooled by these name changes?

Money is wasted too since forms and stationary
are commonly junked to get new ones with the
new name.

A little boy is about to be moved across the United States away from
his family and you focus on the cost of paper!

Dan It's never about the kids with you, is it, Greg.

What do YOU have to say about that Dan?
You didn't address the child any more than I did!
But you sure used the child to attack me.
Interesting.

The last thing I'd worry about with CPS is
how much money they spend on stationary.

But but.. CPS keeps whining about shortages of money!

You missed the point that when an opponent
is shredding their groundbreaking research or
changing their name after a scandal, it might
indicate guilt or an attempt to evade bad PR.

Old June 29th 07, 10:24 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

On Jun 28, 7:52 pm, "0:-]" wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:10:20 -0700, Greegor
wrote:

On Jun 28, 6:53 pm, Dan Sullivan wrote:
On Jun 28, 6:53 pm, Greegor wrote:

Division of Family and Youth Services the former name of OCS

Alaska joined the pack of CPS agencies changing their
name to supposedly avoid the bad PR they earned under
the old name?

Several people call CPS agencies the "Alphabet Agencies"
because so many of them change their names.

Even funnier is that often one state's will change TO
a name that several other states have changed away from.

Is anybody really fooled by these name changes?

Money is wasted too since forms and stationary
are commonly junked to get new ones with the
new name.

A little boy is about to be moved across the United States away from
his family and you focus on the cost of paper!

Dan It's never about the kids with you, is it, Greg.

What do YOU have to say about that Dan?

He just expressed his concern for the child, Greg, by pointing out you
don't have any.

Good luck with that!

I'd say his comment that this child is being removed from his family
wold indicate concern for the child, wouldn't you, or are you familiar
with such language, you so seldom use it yourself?

You didn't address the child any more than I did!

Sure he did. You talked about he cost of paper, and he talked about
the child losing direct contact with family.

A disabled child at that, with a very shaky grasp of predictability
and stability as is common with such a Dx.

But you sure used the child to attack me.

For not paying attention to the plight of the child, Greg?

Interesting.

He 'attacked you,' for showing more interest in paper costs, and ZERO
INTEREST IN THE CHILD.

Whereas Dan's only mention of the child was
to attack me.

His ONE and only post to this thread to this point opens with concern
for the child moving from his family.

Unless you quote PART of a sentence you
can't back that up with a quote.

Good luck with that!

YOUR one and only post prior to this one I'm responding to, Greg,
consisted of a bitch about agencies changing their names, and not a
single WORD by you about the child and his plight.

Thank you for accusing me of posting
without PATHOS and emotional appeals.

You are outed once again as a child hating sick little pucker.

Or that could just be your wet dream Donald.
Warp and twist reality to fit your personal political needs.

Here's you entire post so far to this thread, sans this one:

"

The last thing I'd worry about with CPS is
how much money they spend on stationary.

But but.. CPS keeps whining about shortages of money!

Was this case of the boy being moved from Alaska about money, Greg?

It was, of course. About MONEY TO ESTABLISH TREATMENT FACILITIES FOR
CHILDREN SIMILAR TO THIS ONE.

CPS is all about the money.

So once again, you are outed as a child hating little ****ant, Greg.

You worked as a caseworker.
You worked on a board researching FUNDING (your recent post)
You worked as a contractor
You love the BUREAUCRACY

CPS did NOT ask for money. The spokesperson simply pointed out the
reality that Alaska either can't afford it, or won't.

But the boy needed some help for his condition, and the only place
they could find...WHICH THEY STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR, STUPID...is in
Texas.

What specialty exists only in Texas?
But not at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN?
Or some closer facility?

I think they should pay for the g'mother to accompany him and stay for
a time with him, and go back for periodic PREDICTED visits with him
for the duration of treatment.

Cheaper than building a treatment clinic, though I'd like to see that
in Alaska.

You just can't hire many folks for the job out of the lower 49.

I've been there winter and summer. Wore me down in a few days.

Population is spread very thin, and many social services come from the
southland...our 49. It's routine for many families to send their
children south for education, or health care.

There's actually nothing unusual about this case except for the
reaction of those involved. Usually they get it about a child's need
and the limited resources of Alaskan society.

Now what are YOU going to do for this child, Greg? Going to send him a
card at least, one that doesn't focus on YOUR sorry little story?
How about a few bucks to support the g'ma for a visit to him?
I'm considering it myself.

This is typical of you.
Rather than quietly donating, you have to toot your horn
and make it a challenge.
You're a real humanitarian (not!).

You missed the point that when an opponent
is shredding their groundbreaking research or
changing their name after a scandal, it might
indicate guilt or an attempt to evade bad PR.

Nothing to say about this one Kane?

On Jun 28, 7:10 pm, "0:-]" wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:53:31 -0700, Greegor
wrote:

Division of Family and Youth Services the former name of OCS

Alaska joined the pack of CPS agencies changing their
name to supposedly avoid the bad PR they earned under
the old name?

Same old lies, Greg. When ASFA was enacted the feds requested new
names consistent with the program intent. States attempted, in most
instances, to comply.

The idea was to identify the PARENT administrative primarily. Iowa was
one that did that.

DCYF, HHS, OCS, DHS, DSS, etc. etc...
And they change after big scandals.

So much so that even your hero missed it, that the generic CPS UNDER
the state's DHS is where all "child protection" operations are done.
The "DHS" itself, is the umbrella organization, but the lower CPS
group uses DHS as their title to comply with the feds.

Many states did not fully go along.

So tell me, were they able to "hide" from anyone
successfully....besides you dimwits, I mean?

It just made them a moving target, chased by scandals.

Several people call CPS agencies the "Alphabet Agencies"
because so many of them change their names.

Well, there was no agreement they all try to comply with the federal
request on a designated day, Greg. Each did it in their own good time,
and some not at all.

So tell me, have you actually lost any of them? 0:]

Even funnier is that often one state's will change TO
a name that several other states have changed away from.

Some examples?

Is anybody really fooled by these name changes?

Greg, government agencies can be dumb, we all know that. That one
would attempt to hide by changing their name to something like
Department of Human Services, would be just a tad over the top, don't
you think?

So, did you lose one, Greg?

Money is wasted too since forms and stationary
are commonly junked to get new ones with the
new name.

Actually, no, that is not true in this instance, mostly they just ran
out, or they recycled the backs of pages for note taking.

Or they just delivered them to the local recycler.

Within cases a family may experience a number
of caseworkers and contractors over time, apparently
an effort to spread the liability in case of a law suit.

Greg, the move toward specialization has been going on for years. I
proved that to your patron and mentor long ago. Years, ago, in fact.

Yes, Caseworkers are "special".

Some states were always specialized...at least since my first contact
in 1975, and later in 1980-81 when I did my college practicum.

So was Torquemada.

Investigators over there, Intake workers over there, Ongoing workers
across the way, Permanent Planning workers in the middle, Foster
Certifiers alongside, Adoption workers clumped in the corners.

And there amongst them the Child Molester caseworkers.

Each with a specific task to do, unlike the other's tasks, and for a
reason.

For instance, why have "intake workers?" Wouldn't that be
investigators?

No, investigators are busy investigating. Intake workers are the
transition folks, that hold the case, and provide services and
interviewing to help establish what needs the family has, and their
strengths as well.

Odd how they skipped over our strengths even though we told them.
YMCA Indian Princesses, Science project with Copepods,
educational work at home, advanced reading level scores..

The case may stay right there, and leave in short order, according to
the final views provided by the investigator, and the intake workers
notes, and THE DECISION OF THE COURT.
Or it may turn into a long term case...hence, "ongoing workers."

We had 4 different ""ongoing"" workers and a whole herd of
workers in the investigation stage.

One of the ongoing workers apparently dumped the case
before we even met her, perhaps she found out the
case was crap and didn't want to be complicit.

Foster certifiers (they also supervise the foster families) and
adoption workers may never see 'cases' come to them. They aren't case
carrying, strictly speaking. Foster certifiers don't have contact with
the parents, only with the children in the foster homes, and only
secondarily to supervising the foster home.

The Placement itself, the CHILD, so to speak is still the direct
responsibility of the case worker, whichever category worker is in
charge of the case. Since they are real people, and not your
stereotyped cardboard cutout villains, Greg, things take time, so
there is often a bit of overlap as cases are transferred to through
each specialty.

It's like describing poo moving through your ailementary tract.

Or decribing the details of a meat grinder, lovingly.

What's a Permanent Planning worker you might ask?

The are traditionally the endgame worker. The case should NEVER come
to them, but it represents a failure of the system and the parent when
they do.

And what about the out of town ""Damage Control"" worker
they bring in when they know they screwed the pooch bad
and hope to keep down the huge payout?

The parent couldn't hack getting their lives and acts together, and
the agency could not figure out a way to successfully get them to.

Or the agency knows they screwed the pooch and hope to
keep down the payout.

Caseworker testifies that the family is JUSTIFIED
in their anger at how the agency treated them.

Rather like a case you and I know so well now.

You only lie, bluff and pretend to know it.
You're a CPS suckup and a moron.

From permanent planning, where the last placement is going to be a
permanent family, adoption workers get the child...they do not get the
parent, most of the time.

In small agencies there is considerable overlap of these specialties,
and often a single worker does the whole thing from end to end. Now
that has to be extremely hard work.

No, Greg, don't even think about it. You couldn't do it, and you'd
have the kid in the shower first chance you got.

Donald L. Fisher, former Oregon CPS employee and contractor.

Families die of many small agency abuses and this
way no one caseworker can be pointed out for it all.

On the contrary. When there are puckups, and of course these are
humans so there are going to be puckups, individual's are judged and
individually pay the price for their puckup.

When should we expect the big apology?

Demotions, suspensions without pay or a reduction in pay, firings,
even criminal charges.

Only when it is politically expedient to scapegoat one of their own.
Like amputating a limb to keep the whole body from ending.

And often, at least in those cases of puckups that aren't usually
criminal charges, a number of involved parties get the axe, so to
speak.

It's even been discussed here.

So once again, you have a case of Everyone Is Out To Get Me Syndrome,
Greg, or you have a suspiciously failing memory.

They screwed up bad, acted rude and criminally, no apology,
unwilling to CORRECT wrongs, unwilling to repair damage agency did,
refused reasonable requests for repairs or corrections,
so malevolent they told a second round of lies under oath.

""I wass jusst followink ordersss!"" they say.

Can you, by the way, point to those cases were CPS has been involved
in the death of the entire family.

Physical medical death of all members or the death of the
family cohesiveness and relationship?

The only one's I can think of is where some nutso that really didn't
provide much warning at all, kills everyone and themselves.

Did you think removing parents children hasn't pushed
parents to suicide? The nasty caseworkers, their
accusations, their power trips, can easily make honest
decent HEALTHY citizens feel overwhelmed and powerless.
The natural parents wish to protect their kids is replaced
with anguish that they could not protect their kids from
the *******S from the Child Protection INDUSTRY.
(And too often abuse or molestation in Foster care.)

Can you refresh my memory and provide some numbers too?

But that would count as a very big abuse by an agency. Failure to read
the mind of a killer.

Geoffrey Rantz, child molester CPS caseworker

Can you explain this claim to us?

"Families die of many small agency abuses."

I'm very curious about it. It's so full of mystery ... and "pathos."

To many power tripping caseworkers clients
are numbers, and they treat parents like
insects in a jar. Not reasonable or humane.

Old June 29th 07, 02:48 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Dan Sullivan

On Jun 29, 5:24 am, Greegor wrote:

snip

No, investigators are busy investigating. Intake workers are the
transition folks, that hold the case, and provide services and
interviewing to help establish what needs the family has, and their
strengths as well.

Odd how they skipped over our strengths even though we told them.
YMCA Indian Princesses,

The little girl dressed up as an Indian Princess and that's YOUR
strength?

I'll be you think it is.

You think buying the little girl a pair of sneakers was a big deal/

Science project with Copepods,

One science project?

educational work at home,

Such as?

advanced reading level scores..

That's the little girl's strength, NOT yours, Greg.

The case may stay right there, and leave in short order, according to
the final views provided by the investigator, and the intake workers
notes, and THE DECISION OF THE COURT.
Or it may turn into a long term case...hence, "ongoing workers."

We had 4 different ""ongoing"" workers and a whole herd of
workers in the investigation stage.

One of the ongoing workers apparently dumped the case
before we even met her, perhaps she found out the
case was crap and didn't want to be complicit.

Or perhaps it was something else.

[...]

Huge payout?

Has a lawsuit been filed yet, Greg?

The parent couldn't hack getting their lives and acts together, and
the agency could not figure out a way to successfully get them to.

Or the agency knows they screwed the pooch and hope to
keep down the payout.

Has a lawsuit been filed yet, Greg?

Caseworker testifies that the family is JUSTIFIED
in their anger at how the agency treated them.

Rather like a case you and I know so well now.

You only lie, bluff and pretend to know it.
You're a CPS suckup and a moron.

From permanent planning, where the last placement is going to be a
[...]

Criminally?

Any arrests?

no apology,
unwilling to CORRECT wrongs, unwilling to repair damage agency did,
refused reasonable requests for repairs or corrections,

Which repairs?

Which corrections?

Old June 30th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Sherman

Thanks for posting this story, fx.

I'm currently working with a grandparent in Alaska whose grandson was
shipped off to Florida. She's spent most of her retirement money now, just
going to court to have contact with him at all. The facility is a "for
profit" company which sells it's stock and it's a business of kids and
keeping the bed counts full. Also it's a full lock-up facility for
children who have never been convicted of any crime any time, anywhere.

She has been the primary caretaker for this child most of his life. She
would like custody, if possible but it's a tangled web, once a child is
shipped out of their home State, especially from Alaska. Shameful, it is.

I sent this article to the parties involved and they can utilize some of the
information contained therein, I'm sure.

This is a good case to follow. If you learn more, I'd appreciate a heads-up
and any updates.

Sherman.

"fx" wrote in message
[...]

basis. The placement decision does not rest solely with the Office of
Children's Services."

Old June 30th 07, 06:37 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Sherman wrote:
[...]

No problem Sherman, glad to be of service... FX