Sarcasm

Old May 27th 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Sarcasm

Is just one of the more delightful sides of my daughter... Teenagers are so
HORRIBLE! LOL

After getting up late and rushing around with only 10 minutes to spare this
is our

Friday morning discussion:

Mom (who didn't know she was talking outloud): Nope I'm not making my bed!
Daughter (who's fixing her hair): Oh really?

Mom: HUH? Oh I'm NOT making my bed this morning I absolutely refuse!
Daughter (head tilted to the side): HA!

Mom: What's that mean?
Daughter: YOU can't go the day without making your bed... (followed by an
evil snicker)

Mom: I can to and I"M NOT MAKING MY BED!
Daughter (in the most droll of tones): Oh you REBEL!

Mom stares speechlessly at daughter for about 5 of the 10 valuable minutes
that it would have taken her to make the bed to begin with stomps to the
front door then back to the bedroom then to the front door...

Damn what a terrible day that was! LOL I'm serious - nothing went right
I was passed over for a promotion *snuffle* I'm sure they saw my unmade
bed! My man roared with laughter when he heard - which my daughter loved
sharing with him over MSN - and came up and asked me how I was feeling and
then told EVERYONE in the OFFICE! LOL

Ok so I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to my home and desk at work... I
like things in their place and organized... Now open the door to the
daughters room and it's wall to wall clothing and SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE
SHEETS on her BED! EWWWWWW rolls herself up in a blanket and sleeps --
GROSS Teenagers are icky... Now mind you my son used to be the same before
university... Now I notice his bed is made every morning and no cloths on
the floor... AMAZING! Does that happen as they get older or what?

Anyway my precious daughter has quite the wit obviously and now the rest of
my office knows that I'm as anal at home as I am at work! *giggle* I need a
life...

And Yes the minute I got home from work I did indeed MAKE MY BED! hahaha

Old May 27th 06, 07:25 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 May 2006 11:17:43 GMT, "Kim" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

[...]

I'm sure you'll get it next time.

Thanks 'Kate! I'm not too worried about it I like my job but the new
challenge would have been rather interesting...

I'm sure they saw my unmade
bed! My man roared with laughter when he heard - which my daughter loved
sharing with him over MSN - and came up and asked me how I was feeling and
then told EVERYONE in the OFFICE! LOL

Ok so I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to my home and desk at work...
like things in their place and organized... Now open the door to the
daughters room and it's wall to wall clothing and SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE
SHEETS on her BED! EWWWWWW rolls herself up in a blanket and sleeps --
GROSS Teenagers are icky... Now mind you my son used to be the same
before
university... Now I notice his bed is made every morning and no cloths on
the floor... AMAZING! Does that happen as they get older or what?

I think it does. I had to have a rule for my oldest - keep a path from
the door to the bed... I don't want a fireman hurt trying to save your
life. She's a neat freak now.

I can only hope *grin* The fireman would have a soft landing if they tripped
in her room *grin*

Anyway my precious daughter has quite the wit obviously and now the rest
of
my office knows that I'm as anal at home as I am at work! *giggle* I need
life...

And Yes the minute I got home from work I did indeed MAKE MY BED! hahaha

Hate to admit... I'm the same way about making my bed every day.
Sorry you had a rough day. **** happsne. :-)

'Kate

Yup -- It wasn't that bad actually -- I've had far worse... And her comment
was funny as well as the tone... *giggle* me.. a Rebel teehee

Old May 28th 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

'Kate wrote:
[...]

I wondered that myself. Since my youngest moved out of the house he's
become a "Neat Freak" ( His words )

I think it does. I had to have a rule for my oldest - keep a path from
the door to the bed... I don't want a fireman hurt trying to save your
life. She's a neat freak now.

Chuckle And the stories ( as a fireman ) I could tell :-)