Oh yay!

Old May 31st 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Oh yay!

So, I'm out in the yard for most of the afternoon - last 3 hours or so...
Cleaning, picking up stuff, spraying toys, outdoor furniture, rugs,
sidewalk...
I came inside about 10 minutes ago for a little break and to get out of the
heat, sun and activity when I feel my stomach get all grumbly... Look down
and I can actually see *it* move!

19 weeks today, had my EDD pushed up yet another day to Oct. 30 (now maybe I
*can* go out for Halloween lol) on my appt. yesterday. I'm quite sure I've
been feeling some sort of movement for maybe the last week or so, maybe a
little less, but today, just now - not 10 minutes ago - I could actually
*see* my gut move! It was low down - right in the area that my OB found a
good, strong heartbeat (141 she said it was) and I dunno... It's #4, but
it's almost like the very first time ever. I've been poking it a little to
see if I can get a reaction of some sort, and sure enough, it's like (s)he
just kind of gets annoyed and moves back Hehe... I think there's more
skin, fat, guts and other things than baby, but it's much fun (for me) and
I've never seen it move on the outside until just now.
Oh, the joys! Makes up, kind of, for a VERY sore arm after they took
blood - and it was unusually painful for some reason this time - last night.
That's all for now... Now I'm gonna get a late lunch going and then put the
kid back to work in the yard with me

Old June 1st 06, 12:21 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

I remember that! lol it's time stopping - nothing else exists lol

Old June 1st 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:23:43 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

So, I'm out in the yard for most of the afternoon - last 3 hours or so...
Cleaning, picking up stuff, spraying toys, outdoor furniture, rugs,
sidewalk...
I came inside about 10 minutes ago for a little break and to get out of
the
heat, sun and activity when I feel my stomach get all grumbly... Look down
and I can actually see *it* move!

Cool!

I thought it was kinda neat... Not like it really is a new thing, really,
but new enough, I guess?

19 weeks today, had my EDD pushed up yet another day to Oct. 30 (now maybe
*can* go out for Halloween lol) on my appt. yesterday.

Oh sure... pop that baby out, stick it in a nursing sling, and get out
there for trick or treat! LOL

Hey... Knock off that negativity! I can always hope, can I not?
Either way, the norm tends to be 2 weeks on either side of due date... For
me, though, it will be normal and fine 2 weeks before and 1 week after... My
OB won't let me go much more than a week over, as I guess I'm considered,
still, high risk due to a previous C-section... ugh... So any time between
October 16 (how lovely, my aunt's birthday haha) up until November 6. I
think Norm's mom's bday is the 7th of November, how lovely again lol...
Either way, I think I'm out for Halloween... But, this is a good excuse for
me to force Norm and the kids out that door - even make him dress up! and
go around the neighbourhood... He can take the cell or something just in
case I can sit at home and hand out candy - also maybe eat just a bit of
it - and relax somewhat... Or (although I hope not) be at home changing
diapers grr...

[...]

So.. is this your last?

Yes. If I have anything to say about it!
We were talking about getting "fixed"... Either Norm could get his bits
snipped or I could get all clamped up... That, we decided, would depend on
this baby... We figured, since we looked into it a bit, the guy getting done
is basically easier and all that, less risk, for lack of a better word?
That procedure for the guy seems to be just a little easier and doesn't
require any types of surgery... Friend of mine's sister's fiance was 'fixed'
not long ago, and I guess it's all done by 2, maybe it was 3, teeny tiny
incisions, or something like that. But, if I ended up with a C-section, I
figured I'd get the doc to tie them up right then and there, since she'd be
operating in that exact area anyways.
Now that I think about it, we might not go with either. I was thinking
maybe an IUD might be good enough... It's good for 3-5 years... I actually
wouldn't mind one more after this one, but at this point, no way. A 4th
right now would basically be a total disaster. I know it's going to be hard
enough as it is, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and add one
more on top of these ones? OMG. No thanks... But, come 5 years from now, I
figure we'll both be late 20s, and B will be 10, A and this baby will be
like 4 and 5, and if we're better set all around, something like that IUD
would be less permanent and the possibility for just one more last one is
still there.
But, as far as it goes right now, this is the last. No more in the near or
fairly distant future, but maybe in time if we're 'better off' and just
doing a lot better in almost every aspect of life, I really don't know.
Heck, in 5 years, I'll be as old as my parents were when they had me, and
I'm the first born. This is one topic, though, that we both need to sit
down and really discuss and see where we each stand on the whole topic and
actually TALK... Not assume or play games.

Old June 1st 06, 08:10 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:14:52 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 31 May 2006 20:23:43 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

So, I'm out in the yard for most of the afternoon - last 3 hours or
so...
Cleaning, picking up stuff, spraying toys, outdoor furniture, rugs,
sidewalk...
I came inside about 10 minutes ago for a little break and to get out of
the
heat, sun and activity when I feel my stomach get all grumbly... Look
down
and I can actually see *it* move!

Cool!

I thought it was kinda neat... Not like it really is a new thing, really,
but new enough, I guess?

It's a nice time of life.

19 weeks today, had my EDD pushed up yet another day to Oct. 30 (now
maybe
*can* go out for Halloween lol) on my appt. yesterday.

Oh sure... pop that baby out, stick it in a nursing sling, and get out
there for trick or treat! LOL

Hey... Knock off that negativity! I can always hope, can I not?
Either way, the norm tends to be 2 weeks on either side of due date... For
me, though, it will be normal and fine 2 weeks before and 1 week after...
My
OB won't let me go much more than a week over, as I guess I'm considered,
still, high risk due to a previous C-section... ugh...

Be *very* careful about VBAC birthing... you can put yourself in a lot
of danger. I had a C for my son and an induced VBAC for my last. It was
very, VERY risky.

I've already had 2... First was emergency section, but second and third were
both VBACs with no complications at all. My doc, all along, has said she
will not induce me at all. No fighting, no questions asked, she will simply
not do it. That's way too dangerous, she says...
I'm not really at all about elective induction. Babies come when they're
ready... I've never heard of a baby being trapped or just deciding to stay
forever and ever I can, as always, go in to the hospital on my own
whenever it comes down to it, and if I don't go in on my own, OB will
schedule a C-section - which I am not at all, one bit, down with. I do not
want that at all. It was that choice with A, and I was so desperate I even
tried the castor oil, and not sure if that helped or not, or if it was just
time, but I went in first thing the next morning after an afternoon and
evening of small doses of castor oil. I will do whatever I can to avoid a
c-section...

So any time between
October 16 (how lovely, my aunt's birthday haha) up until November 6. I
think Norm's mom's bday is the 7th of November, how lovely again lol...
Either way, I think I'm out for Halloween... But, this is a good excuse
for
me to force Norm and the kids out that door - even make him dress up!
and
go around the neighbourhood... He can take the cell or something just in
case I can sit at home and hand out candy - also maybe eat just a bit
of
it - and relax somewhat... Or (although I hope not) be at home changing
diapers grr...

Or you could still be in the hospital. Or... anything. Make sure Norm
has the cell with him when he takes the kids out.

Having it and actually not turning it off or ignoring it is another story...
But... No need to go there lol
He'll take B and A out, and I have already planned - sure, this far in
advance - to just stay home and take it easy Be lazy.

So.. is this your last?

Yes. If I have anything to say about it!
We were talking about getting "fixed"... Either Norm could get his bits
snipped or I could get all clamped up... That, we decided, would depend on
this baby... We figured, since we looked into it a bit, the guy getting
done
is basically easier and all that, less risk, for lack of a better word?
That procedure for the guy seems to be just a little easier and doesn't
require any types of surgery... Friend of mine's sister's fiance was
'fixed'
not long ago, and I guess it's all done by 2, maybe it was 3, teeny tiny
incisions, or something like that. But, if I ended up with a C-section, I
figured I'd get the doc to tie them up right then and there, since she'd
be
operating in that exact area anyways.

Tubal ligations hurt when you're nursing. Make him get fixed. It's
safer. They have fewer complications down the road. If you get a tubal,
you could have continued pain from scar tissue that adheres itself to
the pelvic wall. Sex will start to hurt. You won't like it. Make him do
it.

I have heard basically everywhere that it's a lot easier and safer for him
to do it.

Now that I think about it, we might not go with either. I was thinking
maybe an IUD might be good enough... It's good for 3-5 years... I actually
wouldn't mind one more after this one, but at this point, no way. A 4th
right now would basically be a total disaster. I know it's going to be
hard
enough as it is, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and add
one
more on top of these ones? OMG. No thanks... But, come 5 years from now,
figure we'll both be late 20s, and B will be 10, A and this baby will be
like 4 and 5, and if we're better set all around, something like that IUD
would be less permanent and the possibility for just one more last one is
still there.

Look at the risks of IUDs. Scar tissue, perforated uterus, chronic
infection.

Hm... If these are risks, I wonder why the doc didn't mention them a while
back after A was born...

But, as far as it goes right now, this is the last. No more in the near
or
fairly distant future, but maybe in time if we're 'better off' and just
doing a lot better in almost every aspect of life, I really don't know.
Heck, in 5 years, I'll be as old as my parents were when they had me, and
I'm the first born. This is one topic, though, that we both need to sit
down and really discuss and see where we each stand on the whole topic and
actually TALK... Not assume or play games.

smile Three is a nice number of children. It's like having a spare.
LOL

Yea, well, I have 2 brothers, Norm has a bro and a sister... We both had
families with 3 kids.
A spare is nice, but even nicer is teams. 2 to a team, and if you have a
team mate, dishes will get done faster, vacuuming and dusting can get done
at the same time, laundry will be rotated easier... Tag teams work best!
lol

I think that's a good idea - talk about it seriously. Even if you get
"fixed"... you can still pretend. :-P

Pretending is fun. lol Or, at least, it could be fun? I wonder if he'd
look at it that way!