39 weeks 3 days checkup

Old June 29th 07, 03:56 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

Default 39 weeks 3 days checkup

Saw my midwife today. Everything looks good. Due date is Tuesday

I've been comfortable the last couple days, which is weird because this
pregnancy has been REALLY uncomfortable most of the time. It turns out the
baby has turned and now his/her back is facing the wrong way. I guess being
comfortable means the baby is in a bad position. :-P

I know the baby can turn anytime and even during labor, so I'm not freaked
about this. Even if he/she doesn't turn, it'll be okay. Midwife suggested
hands&knees and shaking my hips to try to encourage the baby to turn back.

We'll see how it goes!

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05

Old June 30th 07, 01:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

I've been comfortable the last couple days, which is weird because this
pregnancy has been REALLY uncomfortable most of the time. It turns out the
baby has turned and now his/her back is facing the wrong way. I guess being
comfortable means the baby is in a bad position. :-P

I'd think that a posterior baby would put additional pressure on the
back - the reason why labour is often felt more in the back when the
baby is posterior is related to this. I'd suspect that position in this
direction is a red herring and it's probably a combination of factors,
that's meaning it's just not setting off what feels uncomfortable to
you. I was pretty sure my DD was breech for a while as it really felt
like I had a head in my ribs between about 28 and 32 weeks - breech is a
non issue at the point. I wasn't aware of her turning (which is normal),
but for a few weeks after that I felt more comfortable for a while.

It's all fairly irrelevant - just enjoy being more comfortable. Don't
over worry about position, just try and watch you're not doing things
that encourage it to stay that way, iirc
http://plus-size-pregnancy.org/malpositions.htm has some information
about this. My midwife seemed to think the most likely thing for multips
was that baby didn't turn until labour but usually did so quite well in
labour - I'm crossing my fingers for you, mine didn't turn in labour,
and though was a spontaneous vaginal delivery there were pretty severe
injuries involved.

Cheers
Anne
Old June 30th 07, 02:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

"Anne Rogers" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Anne. I am trying not to worry about it too much, but it's difficult
to stop thinking about it!

--
Rebecca Jo
Mama to Alexander 6/6/05

Old June 30th 07, 05:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Thanks, Anne. I am trying not to worry about it too much, but it's difficult
to stop thinking about it!

it's so tricky, you can take the approach of ignoring everything and
leaving it to the medical professionals, but then you'd be kicking
yourself later if you had an intervention you found out wasn't
necessary, or worse, something bad could happen because you never
reported a symptom. It was pregnancy and childbirth that got me into
finding out information for myself and not just blindly trusting the
doctors, it's turned out to be beneficial for me already, before then
I'd had one surgery that may not have been necessary, or at least wasn't
the first course of action. The figures from postmortems showing how
many conditions are undiagnosed and misdiagnosed are scarily high. I'm
pretty sure it does work out best for us if we are informed, the problem
is, it does cause worry too, because we know what can go wrong.

Good Luck

Anne
Old June 30th 07, 05:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Rebecca Jo

"Anne Rogers" wrote:

[...]

Thank you for the luck!

--