August due Dates!

Old July 11th 07, 07:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Default Preterm Labor?

35 weeks is pretty reasonable. Better if you can make it past 36 weeks but
35 will do.

Funnily enough, my midwife felt that 35 weeks was actually better than
36 weeks, her experience was that 35 week babies tended to be fighters,
they had the necessary reflexes in place and usually did pretty well,
but that 36 weekers for some reason got lazy, were more likely to have
jaundice and have difficulty feeding. I asked other midwives and they
all seemed to be in agreement.

Cheers
Anne
Old July 11th 07, 09:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Boliath schrieb:

The midwife said it could be a bug, drink plenty of fluids, take Tylenol
and if the backache doesn't go away in a few hours call her back.

Anyone have anything to add?

It seems to be the time for that..

Saturday was a very active day for me, taking a long trip in the car,
walking around a fair bit,... I took a nap in the early evening (I think
around 5 or 6) and when I woke up about an hour later I was doing the
"hip wriggling thing" you know, where you kind of move your hips in a
figure 8 or a circle or something? I lay there thinking "Well, last time
I did that I had a baby 5 hours later" but I didn't feel any
contractions. I got up, drank a tall glass of apple juice mixed with
water and had some dinner and it finally went away.

Like you I was thinking "Well, ok, we're obviously both not enjoying
this much, but still, could you hang on for a few more weeks?".

My midwife was here yesterday and I had glucose in my pee sample :-/ So
today I had the GD test (31 euros right out of my pocket. Thank you
german health system reform. Please pay for 50 ultrasounds when there's
an indication for it, but not for necessary tests that aren't so much
fun for the doctor!). I'll get the results tomorrow morning and then
we'll see about the home birthing plans :-/

cu
nicole
Old July 12th 07, 05:39 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsey@delete_nospamnelgin.nu

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:08:51 -0400, Boliath
wrote:

NL wrote:
Yeah! Not much longer either. Sleepless nights anyone? Heartburn? Tired
all the time?

So - I'm 35 weeks now, I lost my mucous plug at the weekend, wasn't too
concerned about that I don't remember losing it last time and I know I
was 3cm and 70% for a couple of weeks then so figured it was just a sign
that things were starting.

Now a couple of days later, I'm having loose stool, backache and nausea.
No contractions and baby is moving fine, if a little aggresively.

The midwife said it could be a bug, drink plenty of fluids, take Tylenol
and if the backache doesn't go away in a few hours call her back.

Anyone have anything to add?

How bad would it be to have this baby at 35 weeks? I'm not wishing it by
any means, I want the babe to be ready for the world even if I'm ready
to be a little more comfortable.

Uh oh, stay in place vibes headed your way, although it sounds like it
wouldn't be the end of the world.

DH asked what was losing the mucous plug like (we covered that in our
last childbirth class!)? I can't fathom losing it at this stage. I
have had some loose stools with the accompanying cramps (def. feels
like gas pains, which I have a hard time with) but nothing else, thank
goodness. I have too much to do!

Betsey

Old July 12th 07, 03:46 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

NL wrote:
Boliath schrieb:

[...]

2 weeks is the deal I struck yesterday with the babe, hang in there that
long and I'll do my best to give you space in the meantime :c)

My midwife was here yesterday and I had glucose in my pee sample :-/ So
today I had the GD test (31 euros right out of my pocket. Thank you
german health system reform. Please pay for 50 ultrasounds when there's
an indication for it, but not for necessary tests that aren't so much
fun for the doctor!). I'll get the results tomorrow morning and then
we'll see about the home birthing plans :-/

Ach sorry to hear that, I hace GD but have been managing it with diet so
far so good, last pregnancy I was on insulin times a day, I have a
better endocrinologist this time, he's not freaking out over the
occasional high number.

Old July 12th 07, 03:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

wrote:

NL wrote:

[...]

Not from what the wise women here are saying, no it wouldn't. But I
would still prefer a fully cooked baby!

DH asked what was losing the mucous plug like (we covered that in our
last childbirth class!)? I can't fathom losing it at this stage. I
have had some loose stools with the accompanying cramps (def. feels
like gas pains, which I have a hard time with) but nothing else, thank
goodness. I have too much to do!

This has certainly put a fire under me, I have NOTHING ready for this
babe, no clothes nothing, but all he needs is a boob and a clean nappy
and he'll be fine!
Old July 12th 07, 03:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

Anne Rogers wrote:

35 weeks is pretty reasonable. Better if you can make it past 36 weeks
but 35 will do.

Funnily enough, my midwife felt that 35 weeks was actually better than
36 weeks, her experience was that 35 week babies tended to be fighters,
they had the necessary reflexes in place and usually did pretty well,
but that 36 weekers for some reason got lazy, were more likely to have
jaundice and have difficulty feeding. I asked other midwives and they
all seemed to be in agreement.

My 35 weeker is certainly feisty, kicking me to bits inside, I don't
remember the movement being as strong or aggressive last time.

Thank you for your reassurance, I still have the achy back and the loose
stool but no contractions so hopefully he'll stay put for a couple more
weeks.
Old July 12th 07, 05:17 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Boliath schrieb:
NL wrote:

Like you I was thinking "Well, ok, we're obviously both not enjoying
this much, but still, could you hang on for a few more weeks?".

2 weeks is the deal I struck yesterday with the babe, hang in there that
long and I'll do my best to give you space in the meantime :c)

Well, I told her in three weeks I'm going to smoke her out. Because
honestly, I've had it. (Ok, so maybe in 3 weeks I will be saying
something very different, but right now, that's what I'm thinking)

My midwife was here yesterday and I had glucose in my pee sample :-/
So today I had the GD test (31 euros right out of my pocket. Thank you
german health system reform. Please pay for 50 ultrasounds when
there's an indication for it, but not for necessary tests that aren't
so much fun for the doctor!). I'll get the results tomorrow morning
and then we'll see about the home birthing plans :-/

Ach sorry to hear that, I hace GD but have been managing it with diet so
far so good, last pregnancy I was on insulin times a day, I have a
better endocrinologist this time, he's not freaking out over the
occasional high number.

Got my results today: 79 before drinking the qlucose and 160 after an
hour. Everything seems to be fine. The doc would have like the last
number to have been lower but since up to 180 is ok he 's not concerned.
Yay for me.
I guess it was just the weekend, having friends over and eating lots and
lots of sweets *g*

cu
nicole
Old July 22nd 07, 06:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Boliath schrieb:

This has certainly put a fire under me, I have NOTHING ready for this
babe, no clothes nothing, but all he needs is a boob and a clean nappy
and he'll be fine!

Well, we haven't heard from you in 10 days, what's going on?

FWIW: I've had some contractions that definitely felt like labor,
panicked every time, drank water and juice like crazy and crawled into
bed and sometimes made my birthing partner panic by calling him *g* I
don't think I'll make it another month...

cu
nicole
Old July 24th 07, 03:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Boliath

NL wrote:
Boliath schrieb:

This has certainly put a fire under me, I have NOTHING ready for this
babe, no clothes nothing, but all he needs is a boob and a clean nappy
and he'll be fine!

Well, we haven't heard from you in 10 days, what's going on?

Oh sorry.

FWIW: I've had some contractions that definitely felt like labor,
panicked every time, drank water and juice like crazy and crawled into
bed and sometimes made my birthing partner panic by calling him *g* I
don't think I'll make it another month...

I'm fine still hanging in there, feeling gargantuan, baby is low and
feels like the head is engaged. The midwife checked me 2 weeks ago and
said nope nothing happening, I'm hoping that has changed by now, it
certaily feels like it. I'm having contractions, like you, strong and a
little like the real thing but with no regularity and no pattern. I wish
I could crawl into bed when they happen but I'm still working and have a
2 1/2 yr old at home so there's no rest for me. I finish work on the 3rd
so plan to put my feet up for the duration after that.

I'm bigger than I was with my son, I have stretch marks which I didn't
have last time and it looks like my belly button might pop this time
too. I'm going for acupuncture and reflexology next week to see if I can
give theis babe a litle nudge. I know s/he won't come until s/he is
ready but a little nudge can't hurt - can it?

How are you? And the other August women?
Old July 24th 07, 05:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Boliath schrieb:

I'm fine still hanging in there, feeling gargantuan, baby is low and
feels like the head is engaged. The midwife checked me 2 weeks ago and
said nope nothing happening, I'm hoping that has changed by now, it
certaily feels like it. I'm having contractions, like you, strong and a
little like the real thing but with no regularity and no pattern. I wish
I could crawl into bed when they happen but I'm still working and have a
2 1/2 yr old at home so there's no rest for me. I finish work on the 3rd
so plan to put my feet up for the duration after that.

I'm alone with Sam right now, my brother went to the States for his
summer vacation and possibly to flee from me and the prospect of having
to be with me for the labor *lol*.
It's so exhausting! I'm tired all the time and I caught some kind of bug
from Sam because we're both coughing like crazy.
Thursday is our "horror day" this week. In the morning we're going to go
to court and make our statements regarding visitation rights for Samuels
co-producer and in the afternoon my two midwifes will come over and
check out the "location", so we're cleaning and tidying today.

I'm bigger than I was with my son, I have stretch marks which I didn't
have last time and it looks like my belly button might pop this time
too. I'm going for acupuncture and reflexology next week to see if I can
give theis babe a litle nudge. I know s/he won't come until s/he is
ready but a little nudge can't hurt - can it?

My old stretch marks are starting to grow, too. I was hoping they
wouldn't, but no such luck :-/ Oh well.
I'm so ready to have this baby! I already told her that her deadline's
the 8th of August (the day I hit 38 weeks) and if she doesn't come out
herself I'll smoke her out, or I'll just kneel down and push her out and
I won't care if my cervix is ready or not, it'll be ready when I tell it
to be *lol*. I know that won't work, and isn't even a good idea, but
she's low and I have to pee all the time and I'm uncomfortable despite
this summer being really cold.
My parents are going to be here on Friday (oh joy... I can not wait...
*sigh*) and they'll take Sam with them on the first and return him on
the 8th. So I'll have a week to just hang out in bed and sleep drink and
eat. I hope.
I'll have to go to the city before they leave and buy some more fabric,
I'm planning to hand some of it to my mom so she can help sew diapers.
She's a lot faster than I am and a lot more accurate, too.
Then there's all the moving of furniture to do, my big desk with all my
sewing stuff and lots of baby stuff will need to be moved into Samuels
room and the changing table/dresser and a bookshelf will make its way
into my room.
My best friend will probably come up from Stuttgart during the week Sam
is away and bring the crib she's giving me, so by the time Sam's back
everything should be set up for the baby to arrive, too.

So yeah, that's the plan, we'll see how it goes *lol*

take care!
Nicole

August due dates 08/04 Mary S. Pregnancy 11 August 10th 04 12:02 AM
August 04 due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 4 July 9th 04 07:40 PM
August due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 11 June 22nd 04 01:39 PM
August due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 1 May 8th 04 09:08 AM
August due dates Mary S. Pregnancy 5 February 3rd 04 08:49 PM