Getting nervous

Old July 2nd 07, 09:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

Default Getting nervous

Ah, I'm due due until December, but I'm already getting nervous that
something will be worse this time than with DD (which was reasonably fine
and not too bad, at least, from what my mind remembers- lol).

I am showing so much more than I was at this time with DD, which the doctor
says is going to be- he said I will be much bigger earlier at first then by
the end it will even out and be about the same (I'm bigger now, doesn't mean
I will be bigger at 9 months pregnant). But what's bothering me is I am
having physical feelings now that I did not experience until the last 3-4
weeks with DD. And it's been that way the entire time. I felt horrible from
3-7 weeks, it was pretty bad. from 8 weeks to now (14) it's been sort of
ok...I can usually sleep ok except for an occasional bad night (in the first
few weeks I just simply could not sleep at all and felt miserable)...the
doctor put me on FloNase nasal spray and ever since- 2 weeks ago- I have not
taken one single Sudafed at all. Which is great. I sleep better, no weird
feeling Sudafed side effects...

So what's wrong?? Well, DD has been hyper- "active" doesn't even begin to
cover it. It may not be time to reach for the meds, LOL, but she's wild! My
husband and neighbor (who directes a daycare) even noticed her being more
wide open than usual. There's been no change in diet and she doesn't eat
chocolate, loads of sugar, or any caffeine (this would seem obvious but
you'd be surprised how many people I know who let their 3 year olds drink
Pepsi!...cringe!)....I don't know, she's bouncing off the walls and can't
seem to stop and I end up putting her in frequent time outs. She jumps on
the sofa, screams and laughs, yells, runs through the rooms, jumps up and
down some more. The main thing is I am just so tired, and she's behaving
this way in stores too. LOL.

But other than that the main issue is I'm having pretty bad back pain. It
doesn't require pain treatment but it REALLY limits my ability to move, I
can't lift, I have to be careful when I stand up, I move much slower, and in
general have to be very cautious of my back. It hurts to bend..etc. I'm only
3.5 months along! I vomit some, but the morning sickness is manageable. I'm
not sick all day, it comes in waves, and I feel much better if I lie down.
The weird thing is I was very nauseous early, it seemed to go away, and at
12 weeks it came back and I started vomiting a few times a week. I feel
better after I puke, but I am so afraid I am going to puke in a store or
something. I take Zofran or phenergan for it but if I am going to puke it
seems to happen anyway. Thankfully, I am able to eat a lot, and so it's
manageable.

So, pretty bad back pain that I've had the whole time, I don't need to see a
dr for pain, but I just can't move well and it hurts to sit. I am probably
going to stop using the computer except as absolutely necessary because it
hurts to sit here, honestly...and I am just really tired and weak feeling a
lot. I am unable to keep vitamins down, my dr stays on top of checking me
for low iron levels, but I did take folic acid before and first trimester
daily, so he's said I'm ok to stop trying to force multivitamins down..this
is making me nervous that I am going to have a harder time caring for DD
this year, that's mainly what my back affects- I can't do nearly as much
with her and it's hard to help give her a bath and help her with the potty.
If I stand or walk for long periods my back aches bad, and I find that I am
not able to walk on my treadmill anymore so it seems that I am not getting
any exercise compared to the first time, and I think this is a good bit why
I feel so much worse, but I can't do anything about it. It simply feels bad
this time. Ugh.....I'm not swelling, but my ankles hurt after walking, just
exactly like they did when they swelled at 9 months. It makes me wonder if
they are going to swell earlier this time. etc...

I just feel achey and breaky, and creaky, and disabled from my non-pregnancy
state.

Old July 3rd 07, 02:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

Sounds to me like you need to take your daughter out to the park everyday
and let her jump around and run around and get some of her energy out. She
is probably bouncing off the walls because she is bored. Do you go out and
do things? If you can't, can your husband take her out in the evenings or a
mother's helper. I'm sure she is hyper, but that's pretty normal for her
age.
--
Sue

Old July 4th 07, 03:18 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Stormlady

Maybe with you being so uncomfortable, you're not able to spend as much time
with DD as she is used to. This could very well be her attempts to get you
to pay attention to her more. Time outs are still attention from you, even
if it is negative attention. Maybe try to do quiet activities with her that
don't wear you out too much, color pictures, read stories, that type of
thing. Even cuddling and watching a movie might be good.