"But you're not supposed to start showing/need maternity clothes til 5 or 6 months"

Old January 12th 06, 06:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default "But you're not supposed to start showing/need maternity clothes til 5 or 6 months"

Totally depends on your build, the kind of clothing you wear, and
whether its your first baby or not.

If you are a slender reed and you wear body hugging stuff, its going to
be apparent a lot sooner than if you are more average and like looser
styles.

First baby, I didn't get into maternity clothing until the end of month
5. Second and third baby, totally different. I guess my abs were shot.
I started expanding out of my pants by about 10 weeks.

M.

Old January 12th 06, 07:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

In message , Anne Rogers
writes

As we moved to Korea when I was 16 weeks it wasn't exactly the first thing I
was saying, hello I'm Anne, I'm pregnant and no one noticed, it then started
to come up in conversation, but that still bypassed a few people and I was
gone 28 weeks when it became common knowledge.

Heh. We got married when I was 35 wks pg with DD. It was astonishing
how many people didn't notice a thing. Men, that is. Women did.
--
Mogget
Old January 12th 06, 07:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

In message , Zaz
writes

My mother, on the other hand, didn't start to show before her 6th months
with my brother. At the same time, people were asking her friend, also
pregnant, if she was expecting twins!

Ooooh, now that one pushes my buttons. I get asked that every day,
usually more than once. As a diabetic, I work very hard to keep my
blood sugars flat and achieve (amongst other things) totally normal
growth for my baby. Multiple scans confirm this is a *totally*
normal-sized baby. So when people ask if I'm having twins, what I hear
is that they're accusing me of being undisciplined.
--
Mogget
Old January 12th 06, 07:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

That sounds like it would be hard, and we all kown how insensitive or
careless people can be when they speak to pregnant women. A woman told
me once when I was 5 mo with my first, "Oh, my god, you are so
small,...your baby is going to be born dead". It has been 14 years or
so and it still makes me clench my teeth.

However, try not to relate it to your discipline. You sound like you
are doing great and probably their carelessness has more to do with
them either getting excitted about the idea of twins or just being good
at putting their proverbial foot in their proverbial mouth.

I also had a best friend who when at the supermarket had the cashier
give her phone number to my friend's husband pointing at my friend (who
was two weeks from her due date) saying: "no way she can do it for you,
she is so fat".

Let's shake our proverbial heads.

About sizes. Yeap. Depends on your build and which number this
pregnancy is for you, and what shape your abbs were in to start. I am
just glad that no a days there is such cute stuff, in my day you had to
wear a tent or look like a clown with huge bows and patterns....yuck

Best
Kath

Old January 12th 06, 07:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Mogget" wrote in message
In message , Zaz
writes

My mother, on the other hand, didn't start to show before her 6th months
with my brother. At the same time, people were asking her friend, also
pregnant, if she was expecting twins!

Ooooh, now that one pushes my buttons. I get asked that every day,
usually more than once. As a diabetic, I work very hard to keep my blood
sugars flat and achieve (amongst other things) totally normal growth for
my baby. Multiple scans confirm this is a *totally* normal-sized baby.
So when people ask if I'm having twins, what I hear is that they're
accusing me of being undisciplined.
--
Mogget

But that's just what you are reading into it, not what they are responding
to. What they are responding to is the size of your belly. Warrented or
not, people say stupid things to pregnant women all the time -- "oh my GAWD,
you're huge!" "Are you sure it's not twins?" "You're due when?" "There's
no way you can last another month that big!" Doi.

It's not you, it's them, really. Don't take any of those comments to heart
or personally.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old January 12th 06, 08:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Elle wrote:
Also different parts can change at
different rates, like sometimes the boobs grow exponentially in the
first trimester and tops can get tight. It's not always just the belly
that expands quickly!

Oh yeah, the boobs have REALLY popped out. Now, they were tiny before
so huge is relative, but my baggy shirts pull there too. Part of it is
that because I like loose fitting clothing, anything that's snug is
uncomfortable!

Old January 12th 06, 10:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

cjra wrote:

What's always funny to me is such comments generally come from one
who's never been pregnant themselves.

Is that the same people that have no children but still give me
parenting advice? ;-)

Mandy

Old January 13th 06, 12:30 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

cjra wrote:

Even tho the loose fitting clothes have fit around the bum/legs, and I
have these great trousers with stretchy waists which I figured would
last me well into the second tri-mester, I've found that they're
extremely uncomfortable. They "fit", but the waist band just cuts at
the wrong place. And all my other trousers fit lower, but I have to
leave the button on done, and now it's becoming more and more
difficult. Even those baggy shirts tend to pull a bit around the belly.

If you wear untucked shirts, have you tried putting an elastic band
around the button of your pants, then through the button hole, then
back around the button? I used that trick to keep wearing some of my
favorite pants as long as possible.

Old January 13th 06, 02:44 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Elle" wrote in message
oups.com...
cjra wrote:

Even tho the loose fitting clothes have fit around the bum/legs, and I
have these great trousers with stretchy waists which I figured would
last me well into the second tri-mester, I've found that they're
extremely uncomfortable. They "fit", but the waist band just cuts at
the wrong place. And all my other trousers fit lower, but I have to
leave the button on done, and now it's becoming more and more
difficult. Even those baggy shirts tend to pull a bit around the belly.

If you wear untucked shirts, have you tried putting an elastic band
around the button of your pants, then through the button hole, then
back around the button? I used that trick to keep wearing some of my
favorite pants as long as possible.

And then, when you need a wee bit extra room, you can loop the rubberband
around the button hole and back through itself and pull it tight, and then
loop the open end around the button. Gives you just that tiny bit of extra
space.