Center of Attention

Old October 6th 03, 08:36 PM
multimom4

Default Center of Attention

" We'll see. This is really hard.
--

Tell me about it. We are doing what Angela does btw "Quiet, X, it's Y's
turn to talk." But after at least a year of consistently reminding of
course that still doesn't always work, gets very irritating to repeat, and
by the time I manage to insert it into the conversation then usually the boy
(Y) has stopped talking and forgotten what he was trying to say. Very
frustrating. I have been trying to shorten *my* interruption so as to
disturb them less and with some success. But that's another facet different
from your problem. How about when they do it to *you*, you start telling
them that you don't want to hear whatever it was because they didn't say it
nicely??????? Of course you don't want that to backfire into them never
telling you anything either. Did anyone mention this is really hard?

The GOOD news is that your daughters (esp. Morgan, perhaps) have at least
some self-confidence in at least some situations -- and feel comfortable
speaking up at school. As one who was mute in class, I wonder perhaps
whether we should all *try* to look on the slightly brighter side? Ha ha.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)