SSI ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29th 08, 09:44 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.politics.economics
Michael Coburn

Default SSI ?

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:31:10 +0100, Dusty wrote:

Coffee's For Closers wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Phil" wrote in

Taxing those who chose to remain childless to pay for things like
daycare for those who chose to breed is unfair. Only those who chose
to bring children into the world should be paying the costs of
children.

I wonder when this stupidity will end? While I agree that people who
cannot care for their children should be disabused of procreation, I am
not so brain dead as to claim that children are the only hope I will ever
have of retirement. And if they remain uncared for and uneducated then
my retirement isn't going to be very prosperous. It makes no difference
whether they are _my_ children or the children of someone else.

The other thing that really gets up my nose is that the same people who
whine about the cost of children are the same Reich wingers who would
force women to carry a fetus till birth. These are the same Reich Wing
nimrods who insist that the inheritance that is bestowed upon them
through the luck of proper parents is somehow an earning on their part.

Let me give you a glimpse of justice/pragmatism as opposed to "winged"
idiotology:

The cost of pregnancy and child birth should be born by the parents in
total. The cost of child care in all its forms including health care
should be born by the parents until the child is totally viable. At that
point the child is a person and a ward of the state as regards health
care and education until the "person" dies.

If the rules described heretofore result in abortion or in debtors
prisons and child sanctuaries for those who chose that route then so be
it. Having children is a choice. It is not up to me to pay for your
choices. But the child is blameless and the child is an investment in my
own future. No child CHOSE to be born.

Pragmatism. (is that an idiotology?)