Make a difference

Old January 14th 04, 05:44 AM
Kane

Default Make a difference

On 13 Jan 2004 14:46:31 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

Sherry is a foster parent, which we do need some.

Yes. Your point?

No doubt.

No doubt.

You, my dear, have no idea of my professional qualifications, and my

volunteer
work.

Nor does anyone. With your propensity for lying it's rather difficult
to believe you in this claim.

You see, you do it for the cash.

Proof please.

I do it out of love.

You are doing volunteer foster care!? Please provide some proof for
this outrageous claim.

And believe me,

Even the people that are on YOUR side of the debate know better than
to believe you. In fact they support your lies by going quite when you
make your worst ones.

I have seen many families hurt by CPS' misguided policies.

Citation please. How many, when, where, compared to, you know, some
substance...that you claim to post...substance I've NEVER seen you
post.

My dear Sherry, I had the most wonderful parents, community and

upbringing.

You can't remember what happened to you the time your father chased
you to discipline you, and you recently posted that you thought they
were both mean to you....then suddenly you began to "adjust" and
thought they were wonderful.

That is NOT the experience of children with loving children. About the
only time they really think their parents are mean is at the final
separation of late teens. And that is very temporary. No, Fig, you
adjusted to their meanness just like children that are spanked
eventually start defending their parents actions.

If you actually DID any work professionally with cildren and families
you know that children who are abused and neglected severely will
DEFEND THEIR PARENTS even as their bones are being set, their
dressings are being changed in the burn unit, and they will recant the
most horrendous of sexual abuses of their parents even when there were
witnesses.

Figure it out for yourself. What you have YOU suppressed so that you
could believe your parents were really not "mean" but in fact gentle
loving and kind?

The folks that were abused that DON'T make such sick claims about
their parents are the healthy recovered ones. They love their parents
but they don't lie to themselves or anyone else about the abuses they
suffered. You're sick, Sycamore, just like I pointed out recently.

However, I know child development, too, and kids feel that parents

ARE
UNREASONABLE, often.

Surely, you must KNOW THIS as a trained foster parent?

Yes, and what does that have to do with anything at all? The fact that
children feel parents are mean does not equate with all parents not
being mean, abusived, cruel, and neglectful

In fact, questioning parents is part of a necessary growth process.

Yep. And smart parent encourage and support such questioning at the
appropriate times in the appropriate ways. You babble like the
knownothing you are. You have zero real knowledge about child
development.

Your amateur and quite off the mark speculations are nothing but.

Sorry. You have all the earmarks of a dabbler and opinionated
ignoramous on child and family issues.

BTW, I read the article. Nothing new.

Which is relevant how?

Did you read Memorirs of a baby stealer?

Did you read what you just posted recently about a former abused child
now author....and the book business.

How is it that the same wouldn't apply to your author? One can take
nearly any issue and slant their writing (read a primer on journalism)
to make it appear the issue is completely one way or the other.

We are watching the media do that with CPS all over the country.

My dear, to reiterate I have always done VOLUNTEER SERVICE.

You have done volunteer foster care?

I doubt it...so tell us, in fairness to the foster parent you
criticize, just what did you do as a volunteer so we can compare it to
Sherman's VOLUNTEER FOSTER PARENTING....because, "dearie" foster
parenting IS volunteer and they are so taught when they first go to
classes. In fact if they do not have sufficient income to support
themselves they WILL BE TURNED DOWN.

Unlike you.

Well, let me see. You do your volunteering 24/7 I take it. You modify
your home and furnishing to protect everyone in the household. You
know a minimum of three medical care facilities that will accept a
state medical foster card. You know at least two dentists that will.

You get 10 to 20 hours more foster related training (mental health,
safety, medical attendent proceedures, drug baby training, ADHA,
Failure to Thrive, fire setters, sex abuse victim care, record
keeping, CPS policy,etc.)per year to qualify to be recertified to
foster.

Your home is inspected for fire safety, with smoke alarms in all
bedrooms (no, not just hallways), a Class C or better fully charged
fire extinguisher on each floor, your phone worker, potable water (if
you are on a well you have to prove it with tests you pay for),
adequate food storage, means to prepare meals, a higher rate of
sanitation than the ordinary home would maintain, all medicines, any
alcoholic beverages locked away, fire arms locked in approves (and
expensive) safes, and if any of your animals have EVER bitten anyone
you are OUT OUT OUT. Not three bites, not two, but ONE, and you are
out. And NO, they will not allow you to have the dog destroyed.

You do it for the MONIE$.

That's why Sherman speaks Hawaiian fluently...she spends 6 months a
year on vacation there because of the heavy cash surplus she is
provided by warehousing and starving children....right?

As I said, ****ant...you are sick.

Now tell us the tremendous sacrifices you make for "looooove" as you
volunteer.

Kane

Subject: Make a difference
From: "Sherman"

Date: 1/13/2004 9:30 AM Eastern Standard Time

"Fern5827" wrote in message
Yes, I can vividly remember when I was an 11 yo thinking I must

have been
adopted b/c my parents were *perceived mean* by me.

As I grew older, I discovered just how wonderful my folks were.

I grew strong from their corrections, though, and learned to be

resilient.

Postives are important. Too bad the posters on this NG are not

only
negative,
but downright lying insulters.

Does CPS teach that?

Sherry sends in a piece about parenting.

Some might call it Dad bashing, but hey, it's so much fun to blame

your
parents.

Nope, read the article.
Read what I wrote.
It's about the kids.
Making a difference.

Perhaps, as a child, you were so emotionally wounded by your

parents'
choices of punishment and abuse of you that you have yet to recover?
Perhaps too, you have not really recovered from the fact that you

were NOT
adopted, as you wanted to be?

Try reading this:
http://www.noogenesis.com/malama/punishment.html

In retrospect, in your own real life, wouldn't you agree that this

style of
appropriate parenting (in above referenced article) might have been

a whole
lot healthier for you? Isn't a parent who trains a child to be

exposed to
logical and natural consequences giving a little one tools for

reasoning?

Ah, Fern. I'd like to like you because you do seem to have the time

contribute towards the betterment of this world. Making a

difference does
not include futzing around like you do. Negative comments don't

improve
nothin' . DOing something on behalf of a child does.

And limu is becoming an endangered species, Maybe your folks

trimmed your
roots too short?

Sherman.

From: "Sherman"
Date: 1/13/2004 8:22 AM Eastern Standard Time
Here's an article that I found inspiring:

How to abuse a child
http://www.ifeminists.net/introducti...1216rolph.html

A quote from the article, below.

"This Christmas give yourself a present. Open your heart to ALL

who are
abused: The elderly, the young, the women and the men. Then make

yourself
promise; that this year you will help them in some way. That this

year
YOU
will make a difference to THEIR lives. This new year will not be,

for
you, a
year of prejudice but a year of healing."

Make a difference, DO something positive for a child.

Sherman.

Old January 14th 04, 03:43 PM
Dana

My high school boyfriend's mother used to take in foster children
often. Adopted one of them after she was returned to her family -
abused again - and returned to foster care. Anyway - the money that
you speak of was not much at all. (we are in PA - not sure if you get
more in different states) She spent much more than the state gave her
for food, clothes, toys for the children. There certainly was no
extra money that she would be doing it for profit - so I don't think
that anyone does this for the money! I would love to foster parent
myself but I don't think I would be able to give a child back after
caring for him/her - especially if I felt it was not right to return
that child to the parents.

I don't know if any of you have read about this last year - Kristen
Tatar a three year old girl, had been in and out of foster care her
entire life. This past summer this poor baby was found dead and
stuffed in a picnic cooler. Apartently, CYS felt it was in her best
interest to be returned to her parents. Bad Choice - they starved her
to death and had her locked in a small room. Other family members did
not even know that she had been reunited with the family. Three sets
of her foster parents were on the news - crying their eyes out. Guess
what -- NOT ABOUT THE DAMN MONEY!!!!

Old January 15th 04, 10:37 AM
Greg Hanson

Dana:

Not much money?

Was anybody paying the real parents?

States are paid a good chunk of cash for
Foster Care. If the state rips the Fosters
off for their cut of the money, that's
not my problem, except it pays for more
caseworkers falsely pretending to be social
workers.

You said you would have a rough time letting
kids go home, especially if you thought
it was dangerous, but there is a hint in your
comments of a possessiveness. You seem to
reveal your ulterior motive for distrusting
the blood parents would be that possessiveness.

Juvenile Court seems to err on the side of
caution, doing wrong in the OTHER direction,
of NOT returning kids when the court itself
finds NO DANGER in the blood parents home.

Somebody as possessive as you seem to be
should imagine what hell it would be like
to have your blood child removed over
trivia and caseworker lies. If you think
the court does wrong in putting some back,
you should see how WRONG they are about
removing kids without the IMMINENT DANGER
the US Constitution and Federal Courts require.

Fosters who REALLY look into the cases
of the kids families are HATED by CPS caseworkers,
because they speak to reunite kids with parents.
These Fosters are quickly drummed out of the
Foster Care program in retaliation.

Greed, Dishonesty, Retaliation, Extortion
and Coercion are what CPS is all about.

Some of the strongest critics of CPS agencies
are Foster Parents and former Foster Parents,
for these reasons.

What would YOU do if you found out that to
remove the child, a caseworker fabricated
a fictional ""Sex Abuse History"" on the
future step Dad?

Would you really want to keep a child knowing
that the kid was taken using such LIES?
Old January 15th 04, 12:59 PM
Sherman

"Greg Hanson" wrote in message
om...
[...]

The State should PAY bio parents? Is that what you are awaiting? To enrich
your vagrant lifestyle by having your paramour status made more comfortable
by the little girl's mommy dearest getting PAID to care for her child?

Further, there was no need to make anything up about the mommy dearest
exposing her child to risk of harm by allowing her paramour into the child's
bathroom, bedroom and shower. YOU made your own admissions of the abuse
that you perpetrated. Like the rest of the perverts, you don't even seem to
be aware that what you forced upon this child is w-r-o-n-g, harmful and
abusive. More money for you now that she's gone though and the Grandfather
sure isn't going to allow you into the naked girl's showers any more.

You'd get free room and board in jail too, perp. Too bad for society and
the child that this is not the instant case.

Sherman.

Old January 15th 04, 01:02 PM
Dan Sullivan

"Greg Hanson" wrote in message
om...
Dana:

Not much money?

Was anybody paying the real parents?

Who's suposed to "pay" the real parents?

And for what?

States are paid a good chunk of cash for
Foster Care. If the state rips the Fosters
off for their cut of the money, that's
not my problem, except it pays for more
caseworkers falsely pretending to be social
workers.

You said you would have a rough time letting
kids go home, especially if you thought
it was dangerous, but there is a hint in your
comments of a possessiveness.

What is there about danger you fail to understand, Greg?

You seem to
reveal your ulterior motive for distrusting
the blood parents would be that possessiveness.

Na, Dana just doesn't want to see a child she has loved and cared for abused
AGAIN.

Juvenile Court seems to err on the side of
caution, doing wrong in the OTHER direction,
of NOT returning kids when the court itself
finds NO DANGER in the blood parents home.

You still haven't filed a Motion for the return of your girlfriend's
daughter, Greg?

What are you waiting for?

Somebody as possessive as you seem to be
should imagine what hell it would be like
to have your blood child removed over
trivia and caseworker lies.

YOUR blood child wasn't removed, Greg.

How would you know what it feels like?

If you think
the court does wrong in putting some back,
you should see how WRONG they are about
removing kids without the IMMINENT DANGER
the US Constitution and Federal Courts require.

Fosters who REALLY look into the cases
of the kids families are HATED by CPS caseworkers,
because they speak to reunite kids with parents.

Or not.

These Fosters are quickly drummed out of the
Foster Care program in retaliation.

Greed, Dishonesty, Retaliation, Extortion
and Coercion are what CPS is all about.

Some of the strongest critics of CPS agencies
are Foster Parents and former Foster Parents,
for these reasons.

And the occasions when CPS wants to return a child to the parents and the
FPs voice their opinion that they know the child will be abused all over
again.

What would YOU do if you found out that to
remove the child, a caseworker fabricated
a fictional ""Sex Abuse History"" on the
future step Dad?

The child wasn't removed because of your "Sex Abuse History," Greg.

You claimed the child was removed for "clutter" and an accusation to the
police from your girlfriend's neighbor that you locked the little girl out
of her own home IN WINTER without shoes, socks or coat.

February of 2001.

Is it cold in Iowa in February?

Your "Sex Abuse History" came after she was removed during the
investigation..

Why are you lying, Greg?

Would you really want to keep a child knowing
that the kid was taken using such LIES?

YOUR lies, Greg?

YOUR false statements.

PROVEN false by your own words, Greg?

Old January 15th 04, 02:15 PM
Dana

Greg: I did not mean that to sound like possessiveness. For me it
would be an attachment issue. I am not the type of person who could
care for a child as if it were my own and then give it up. I cry
every summer when my niece and nephew go back home after their
vacation. And believe me I know that nobody is paying the real
parents -- my husband and I work our asses off to provide for our two
kids. The reason that I said that is that alot of people seem to
think that people are taking these kids in for the money. The people
that I know who do foster care (I only know the family I spoke of and
one family that does it currently)are not profitting from this at all.
Any decent person would be spending much more than what the state
gives them.

The family that I know currently is providing care for a newborn (he
is actually nine months and has been with them since he was six weeks
old.) Is his mom a bad person -- absolutely not. She is just very
young, has no family and was not educated in how to care for an
infant. For example, he was losing weight because nobody told her
that infants were to be fed on demand. She was giving him an eight
oz. bottle three times a day -- when she would have breakfast, lunch
and dinner. She visits her son three or four times per week and is
right now going through job training and parenting classes. Is it
going to be hard to see that little boy go -- of course it is -- you
grow very attached to a child in that time. Are they going to fight
giving him back -- of course not -- she is his mother. However, there
are a lot of cases in this state where children have been returned to
their parents only to end up dead from abuse or neglect a few months
later. There needs to be a balance to protect parents from false
accusations and to protect children that are truly in danger. I wish
I knew the answer to that ...

Again, I don't plan on keeping ANYONE's child and certainly wouldn't
want to see someone who has done nothing lose their children. I just
want to do what I can to prevent cases like Kristen Tatar - a
beautiful little girl who starved to death, locked in a room on her
own, probably wondering why the foster parents who loved her did not
come to help her. What I think we need are better trained social
workers with less work load. Maybe if someone had paid more attention
to that case that baby would not have been starved to death and
stuffed in a picnic cooler.

Old January 15th 04, 06:24 PM
Dana

Since I am new here - I don't know what everyone's situation is - and
you don't know what mine is. I am not a foster parent and don't think
that I would be able to do that job for the reasons that I have
stated. Mainly, I get very attached to people and it would kill me to
return a child to a dangerous situation. Greg - I don't think
anything that I wrote makes me sound "possesive". I do feel that the
courts need to err on the side of safety for children -- please don't
attack me because of issues you are having with the court, CPS, etc.
I have a right to my opinion - the same as you do. As a mother, I can
tell you that if I had to make a choice between my children and ANY
man -- no contest my kids come first. Potential stepdad would be out
the door.

Old January 15th 04, 06:43 PM
Dan Sullivan

"Dana" wrote in message
om...
Since I am new here - I don't know what everyone's situation is - and
you don't know what mine is. I am not a foster parent and don't think
that I would be able to do that job for the reasons that I have
stated. Mainly, I get very attached to people and it would kill me to
return a child to a dangerous situation. Greg - I don't think
anything that I wrote makes me sound "possesive". I do feel that the
courts need to err on the side of safety for children -- please don't
attack me because of issues you are having with the court, CPS, etc.
I have a right to my opinion - the same as you do. As a mother, I can
tell you that if I had to make a choice between my children and ANY
man -- no contest my kids come first. Potential stepdad would be out
the door.

So picture Greg's girlfriend.

Lost her daughter at the age of seven... not because of something she did.

But because of what Greg did at her house (traile... excuse me, Greg wants
everyone to call it a mobile home).

And next month it'll be three years the little girl has been without her
mother.

She's what, Greg?

Ten now?

You harp on the fact that infants removed for unexplained broken bones lose
valuable time with their parents.

Doesn't that also apply to your girlfriend's daughter?

And the end is nowhere in sight for the girl either.

Is she EVER gonna get back to living with her mother while she's still a
child?

Old January 15th 04, 07:08 PM
Pete Dessem

Dana wrote:

Since I am new here - I don't know what everyone's situation is - and
you don't know what mine is. I am not a foster parent and don't think
that I would be able to do that job for the reasons that I have
stated. Mainly, I get very attached to people and it would kill me to
return a child to a dangerous situation. Greg - I don't think
anything that I wrote makes me sound "possesive". I do feel that the
courts need to err on the side of safety for children -- please don't
attack me because of issues you are having with the court, CPS, etc.

I have a right to my opinion - the same as you do. As a mother, I can
tell you that if I had to make a choice between my children and ANY
man -- no contest my kids come first. Potential stepdad would be out
the door.

Then you must know, being a mom and all, that no mother would choose any
person or thing above her children. Perhaps, things are not as you believe?

Mrs. Dessem

Old January 15th 04, 07:25 PM
Dan Sullivan

"Pete Dessem" wrote in message
s.com...

Dana wrote:

[...]

What about Greg's girlfriend?

Her daughter's been gone almost three years and the first step in getting
her back was getting rid of Greg!

And Greg's still there!!!!!

So "no mother" is BS.