38w6d update

Old August 28th 03, 07:49 PM
Cheryl S.

Default 38w6d update

Had a midwife appt. today - with Midwife #2, the "normal" one. :-)
Everything's fine. I finally remembered to take in a copy of my birth
plan and she added it to my chart. She read it over and there were no
issues. I found out they consider my due date to be the 5th, not the
4th, not that it matters, but it gives me one more day of peace, if
things get that far. I asked if anything changes after reaching 40
weeks, and she said they'd want me to come in twice that week for a
non-stress test, and at 41 weeks they'd want to check the fluid level.
As long as everything remained fine, it was up to me how long to stay
pregnant. She is going out of town for the holiday, so send no more
labor vibes for me, please, until the 2nd. The midwife I had the weird
appointment with last week is the only one available this weekend.

I could be mean, but, nah... Just so you all don't wonder too much, my
mom arrived a couple hours ago for a two day visit, so I probably won't
be posting until Saturday. :-)
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old August 28th 03, 08:38 PM
GoofeeGyrl

send no more
labor vibes for me, please, until the 2nd. The midwife I had the weird
appointment with last week is the only one available this weekend.

Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

OK, note to self, NO labor vibes for Cheryl!!! I hope you get a chance to
enjoy the time with your mom, hopefully when she is having grandma time with
Julie, you can take a nap or put your feet up and read some.

Interestingly, I found out at my last appt that they think my due date is the
9th, not the 7th as the early ultrasound said, so looks like we both get to
extend out time before we really get anxious! Of course I still tell people
the 7th. I just have this feeling that you are not going to last too much
longer, though

Glad everything is going well to this point, take care!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due in 10 days!
Old August 29th 03, 12:12 PM
Tiina Kartovaara

I'm glad to hear everything's fine. Enjoy your mom's visit, and
definitely no labor vibes for now! :-)

Tiina
SAHM to Emilia,4
EDD Sept.15

Old August 29th 03, 03:21 PM
Laurie

Cheryl S. wrote in message ...
[...]

Glad everything looks so great, Cheryl! Heck, I'm sending you labor vibes
anyway.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 29 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

Old August 29th 03, 10:00 PM
Cheryl S.

GoofeeGyrl wrote in message
OK, note to self, NO labor vibes for Cheryl!!! I hope you
get a chance to enjoy the time with your mom, hopefully
when she is having grandma time with Julie, you can take a
nap or put your feet up and read some.

Thanks, Linda. It was a good visit. We got to really talk about some
things while Julie napped yesterday. I thought she'd stay tonight too,
but she decided she'd better stay at my sister's house since she didn't
make it there last time she came up.

Interestingly, I found out at my last appt that they think my
due date is the 9th, not the 7th as the early ultrasound said,
so looks like we both get to extend out time before we really
get anxious! Of course I still tell people the 7th.

I think the later they think it is, the better. I am not looking
forward to having to go in two more times per week if I get that far -
once a week is enough of a pain. Funny though, we've both gone through
so much of our pregnancies thinking a different due date than our care
providers, then found out what they thought at the same time.

I just have
this feeling that you are not going to last too much longer,
though

It's weird, I felt like it was going to be any-minute-now for two weeks,
but then this week I've been feeling the opposite - that it is still at
least a week away. It must be because of the contractions almost
totally going away. Except for at night, I've been feeling so good that
I don't even mind anymore.

Glad everything is going well to this point, take care!

You, too!

Old August 29th 03, 10:11 PM
Cheryl S.

Laurie wrote in message
t...
Glad everything looks so great, Cheryl!

Thanks, Laurie!

Heck, I'm sending you labor vibes anyway.

LOL. How dare you. :-)

Old August 30th 03, 02:20 AM
Laurie

Cheryl S. wrote in message ...
GoofeeGyrl wrote in message
OK, note to self, NO labor vibes for Cheryl!!! I hope you
get a chance to enjoy the time with your mom, hopefully
when she is having grandma time with Julie, you can take a
nap or put your feet up and read some.

Thanks, Linda. It was a good visit. We got to really talk about some
things while Julie napped yesterday. I thought she'd stay tonight too,
but she decided she'd better stay at my sister's house since she didn't
make it there last time she came up.

Yaay! Glad that went well.

[...]

Uh-oh, that's exactly how I felt the day I had Christopher!!!!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 28 months
and Christopher, 4 months

*This email address is now valid*

It must be because of the contractions almost
totally going away. Except for at night, I've been feeling so good that
I don't even mind anymore.

Glad everything is going well to this point, take care!

You, too!
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 5 mo.
And a boy, EDD 5.Sept

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

update on my saga Edith General (moderated) 0 May 28th 04 08:42 PM
34 Week Update Cindy Camp Pregnancy 1 August 15th 03 08:03 PM
30 week update Tiina News Pregnancy 1 July 11th 03 10:12 PM
36 week update Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 4 July 10th 03 10:56 PM