Scary wake up. X-posted

Old January 8th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Rose Garten

Default Scary wake up. X-posted

I work nights at the post office so I sleep during the day. Yesterday
afternoon I woke up to a friend of ours talking to DH in the hall. This
is strange because our bedrooms are on the second floor and nobody comes
up there because of me sleeping. I start to roll over to go back to
sleep when I realize what is being said. DH was going to the bathroom
and she was telling him the call was important and he had to take it.
This struck me as really strange since she would never come in the
bathroom like that. I listened for a minute and realized why she
insisted on him taking it. It was my father calling. They had been in
an accident and had DD7 with them.

I flew out of the bedroom (stark naked and scaring the friend who was
going down the stairs) and into the bathroom. DH kept saying "We'll be
right there where are you at?" They were only about 6 blocks away.
They had been on their way to drop DD off. Luckily no one was seriously
hurt. DD has a nasty welt on her neck from the seat belt. Mom has a
bruised knee, sore hand and a few cuts from flying glass. Dad says he
is fine but he may have just been being a tough guy. I took all three
to the ER because Mom is on a lot of medication. Her doctor even came
to the ER to check on her. This is something he always does and woe to
the ER person that doesn't call him if a patient is brought in.

DH pulled the cop aside at the scene and asked out of concern for my Dad
whose fault it was. The cop stated that it was the other persons fault
because they failed to yield to the right at an uncontrolled
intersection. My parents car is probably totaled and the other van may
be too as there is damage to the back axle. My parents have full
coverage so hopefully everything will be all right. The other people
didn't speak english (GRRR) so I have no idea whether or not they have
coverage or if they are even legal. I guess we will let the insurance
fight it out.

We are going to do something for the family that lived at the
intersection. They brought out chairs and blankets for DD and sat with
her until we got there. One funny thing is that DD told me she wanted
to ask the nice lady to call us but she remembered that she wasn't
supposed to talk to strangers. Guess we will have to work on that some
more LOL. I told her it didn't matter cause papa had already called us.

Old January 8th 07, 01:42 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Knit Chic

"Rose Garten" wrote in message
[...]

oh my, isn't that just a sick feeling? I'm glad that everyone is doing
ok.

Old January 8th 07, 01:47 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Jeff

Glad to hear that everyone is alright.

I would say, "Sorry about the car." But, who cares? Everyone is fine. That
is far more important than a hunk of metal (and junk at this point).
Besides, its the insurance company's problem now.

Jeff

Old January 8th 07, 02:18 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Mermaid

Rose Garten wrote:

[...]

Oh bloody hell! That is not a nice wake-up! I'm glad they are okay and
that the people at the intersection were caring. Sounds like your mum's
doc is a good one too!

((((Rose)))

Anni

Old January 8th 07, 02:27 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Marc

snip
"Rose Garten"
[...]

omg, how scarey. I'm glad all are alright. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marc

Old January 8th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
toto

How scary. I am so glad everyone is ok.

((((((((((((((((((Rose)))))))))))))))))))))))))

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old January 8th 07, 09:45 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
Beth Thomas

How terrifying...I know your heart was in your throat until you could get
there and see and hold DD. Thank God for seatbelts, huh?
Beth

Old January 9th 07, 07:30 AM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids
xkatx

[...]

Ugh... This hits a real sensitive spot for me, and hits it real hard...
Thankfully no one was seriously injured and all, otherwise, is alright. A
few scrapes, bruises and soreness isn't so bad, and a totalled car or two -
who cares.
I had (still do on occasion) some serious guilt problems after our accident
in Feb last year. DS was facing some good surgery, and he looked like hell
but wasn't horribly hurt with all things considered. DD1 seemed to be
alright, I managed a few bruises that eventually went away. The car is
smashed nearly in half, but I always give thanks that it was the car. A car
can be replaced. A loved one cannot. Cuts, scrapes, bruises and sore
muscles and bones heal and feel better. It takes a lifetime, often, to heal
and feel better if someone you love is lost needlessly.
You may not be able to drive the car away, and the other person involved may
not be able to drive their van off, but if everyone walks away, one way or
the other, that's the best possible news. I'd much rather write off a car
than something that can't ever be replaced!
I'm so glad to hear everyone is alright! And your mom is lucky to have such
a great doc. Chances are that DD7 (depending on her age?) might be able to
brag to all her friends about what happened... I know DS, only 2 days past
his 5th birthday at the time, was glad to tell friends and others what
happened after he had time to digest it all. He had stories for his friends
about how he got to ride in an ambulance real fast - lights and sirens and
the whole nine yards, and he has the stuffed cat toy that purrs to prove it!
He also has the scars to show off about his surgery - maybe that's a boy
thing? And he has the little Dodge Ram emblem that was on the front of the
truck that rammed into us to show everyone that this is what came flying at
him real fast and hit his door and yes, it was a REAL BIG TRUCK!!
Not sure how old your DD7 is, but maybe she's at the age where she can make
it more of an experience than a horrifying event!