No/Irregular Period, but Negative Pregnancy Test

Old July 22nd 03, 03:09 PM

Default No/Irregular Period, but Negative Pregnancy Test

The following is posted at the request of my wife:

My husband & I have been trying to get pregnant
for the last 6 months. I got off the birth control
pill in Jan'03 and we started trying since then. Since then,
my periods have been quite regular with either a 27 or 28 day
cycle, the 28 day one being more common.
From all my charting experiences to predict ovulation, my best
guess showed that I usually ovulated around day 14/15
Although on my last cycle, it seemed like I did not ovulate
until day 18.
Is it possible that the day you ovulate varies
that much from cycle to cycle?
Also, is it possible to ovulate on day 18 & still be on a 28 day
cycle?
With the 28-cycle calculation, I was supposed to get my period
on Sat, Jul 19 but still haven't gotten one. I have taken
2 pregnancy tests so far with both being negative.
Is it highly possible that my period cycle is suddenly messed up & I am
not pregnant?

Thanks for any information.
Old July 22nd 03, 03:40 PM
AngelBaby \(Heather\)

Happened to me as I was 15 days late and then it finally came. When I went
to the doctor he told me that changes in your lifestyle affect periods. I
am training for a chartiy walk of 60KM so it may have affected the date my
period was to come. Plus I am under a lot more stress at work these days.
I have been regular ever since though.

Heather
wrote in message

The following is posted at the request of my wife:

My husband & I have been trying to get pregnant
for the last 6 months. I got off the birth control
pill in Jan'03 and we started trying since then. Since then,
my periods have been quite regular with either a 27 or 28 day
cycle, the 28 day one being more common.
From all my charting experiences to predict ovulation, my best

Old July 22nd 03, 07:23 PM
Sidheag McCormack

From all my charting experiences to predict ovulation, my best guess
showed that I usually ovulated around day 14/15 Although on my last
cycle, it seemed like I did not ovulate until day 18. Is it possible
that the day you ovulate varies that much from cycle to cycle?

Yes, that's nothing! You're lucky to usually have such regular cycles.

Also, is it possible to ovulate on day 18 & still be on a 28 day cycle?

It's not likely. Generally, the time between when you ovulate and when your
period arrives (your luteal phase) is a fixed length (maybe a different
length for each woman, but yours sounds like a 13/14 day LP, which is
pretty typical), while the time before ovulation (the follicular phase) is
far more likely to vary with things like stress etc. So if you ovulated 3
days later than usual, you should also expect your cycle to be 3 days
longer than usual.

With the 28-cycle calculation, I was supposed to get my period on Sat,
Jul 19 but still haven't gotten one. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests so
far with both being negative. Is it highly possible that my period cycle
is suddenly messed up & I am not pregnant?

I'd say that if you normally O on cd 14/15 and this time Od on cd 18,
your period is due today or tomorrow. So hold off on testing for a bit if
you can... Good luck though.

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th