Mercury & Autism - Mercury, lead, and zinc in baby teeth of children ...[J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007]

Old June 19th 07, 05:27 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jan Drew

Default Mercury & Autism - Mercury, lead, and zinc in baby teeth of children ...[J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007]

"Robert" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
Jan Drew wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
JOHN wrote:
So who says mercury has nothing to do with autism? Take a look at
this paper, which shows a direct relationship.

It shows a potential relationship. The number of subjects (26) is
really small for such a study. And it doesn't show cause at all.

At best, it is a suggestion that more studies should be done.

jeff

Actually, it shows you are a parrot for *organized medicine* who
chooses
to overlook
the facts.

Actually, I am not affiliated with any drug company or organized
medicine in any way. I get no pay from them.

I looked at the facts and drew my own conclusion.

Han (a dentistry from Sweden, where they know the dangers of
mercury in the
mouth) coined aa phrase.... *I-don't-want-t-be-informed-attitude*.

That's you, Jeff.

That's incorrect. I want to be informed and am informed.

You may disagree with me.

Jeff

J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007 Jun;70(12):1046-51.
Mercury, lead, and zinc in baby teeth of children with autism
versus controls.
Adams JB, Romdalvik J, Ramanujam VM, Legator MS.
Chemical and Materials Engineering, Arizona State University,
Tempe, Arizona, USA.

This study determined the level of mercury, lead, and zinc in

baby
teeth of children with autism spectrum disorder (n = 15, age 6.1

+/-
2.2 yr) and typically developing children (n = 11, age = 7 +/- 1.7
yr). Children with autism had significantly (2.1-fold) higher

levels
of mercury but similar levels of lead and similar levels of zinc.
Children with autism also had significantly higher usage of oral
antibiotics during their first 12 mo of life, and possibly higher
usage of oral antibiotics during their first 36 mo of life. Baby
teeth are a good measure of cumulative exposure to toxic metals
during fetal development and early infancy, so this study suggests
that children with autism had a higher body burden of mercury

during
fetal/infant development. Antibiotic use is known to almost
completely inhibit excretion of mercury in rats due to alteration

of
gut flora. Thus, higher use of oral antibiotics in the children

with
autism may have reduced their ability to excrete mercury, and
hence
may partially explain the higher level in baby teeth. Higher usage

of
oral antibiotics in infancy may also partially explain the high
incidence of chronic gastrointestinal problems in individuals with
autism.

PMID: 17497416 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Mercury was taken out of children's vaccines and the autism rate went

up.

Up from what? Why did it go up before thimerosal was removed?

You need a reading course.

I see you could not answered the questions........

Why are you not concerned with the real danger of Mercury - in the air?
Coal-fired power plants are being constructed by the dozens and put tons
of
Mercury into the air.

Robert

The *real* danger is in the mouth.

http://www.holisticmed.com/dental/amalgam

===

http://www.y2khealthanddetox.c*om/mercuryinfo.html

14. Both Health Canada (1996) and world Health Organization (1991) consider
dental amalgams to be the single largest source of mercury exposure for the
general public, with amalgam potentially contributing up to 84% (WHO, 1991)
or
total daily intake of all forms of mercury from all sources,

http://www.valleyadvocate.com/*articles/dental.html

Autopsy studies in Sweden, Germany and the United States have also
established
that people with amalgams have significantly more mercury in their brains
and
kidneys than those without, and the mercury concentration increases with the
number of amalgams. Furthermore, the World Health Organization has stated
that
amalgam fillings constitute the majority of mercury exposure for people with
amalgams -- more than every other mercury source combined. This finding has
been independently verified by the national insurance program Health Canada
and
by the National Institutes of Dental Research.

===

http://www.icnr.com/uam/hgcourse/M4/SciLit5.html

The mercury vapor from dental amalgam alone is a bigger source than all
the other sources together.

Why are you not concerned?

Old June 19th 07, 05:33 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jan Drew

"Mark Probert" wrote :

snip mainstream brainwashed opinion

Old June 19th 07, 05:49 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jan Drew

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
JOHN wrote:
[...]

But Robert, according to Kirby, that is being cause by cremations in
China. The Chinese are loaded with Mercury...

http://www.p2pays.org/ref/04/03295.pdf

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/me...ions-0023.html

http://ff.org/centers/csspp/library/...051229_07.html

Cremations ban planned to cut mercury pollution

NEWS from Liverpool, UK

Dec 29 2005

By Graham Davies, Daily Post

THOUSANDS of families could be prevented from cremating their relatives in
north Liverpool because of environmental concerns.

The city council has announced plans to stop cremations at Anfield
Crematorium from April 1 because of a new law monitoring mercury pollution
levels.

Services would still take place at the listed building, which is the
country's oldest crematorium, but coffins would then be transported across
the city to Springwood Crematorium, in Allerton.

Last night, council officials said Anfield, built in 1896, was unsuitable to
fit a mercury filter but Springwood was.

But the Rev Harry Ross, vicar of St Lukes church in Walton, criticised the
proposals, which he said would spell the end of a tradition for generations
of his parishioners.
He said: "Why can't they use European money to fit it with a mercury filter?
They can find money for all sorts of things. Why not this?

"A cremation costs around £400 these days. Surely there must be some money
the council can use to put this equipment in."

He added: "I don't think people will realise what exactly will happen. It is
a great indignity for the families if they are having the service there, but
the coffin is then being carted across the city."

A council spokesman said the idea was proposed because government guidelines
requiring all crematoria to have filtering equipment will be implemented in
2012.
He added: "We can't confirm anything yet, as these are just proposals at the
moment. But what we are suggesting is from April 1 coffins would be
transferred to Springwood by private ambulance.

"Springwood is a modern building, built between 1974 and 1975. It can
accommodate mercury filtering equipment at a cost of around £1m.

"With Anfield being a Victorian listed building which doesn't have the space
to house the equipment, it could cost as much as £3m.

"We would have to exhume part of the cemetery and build a sandstone
extension in keeping with the original building."

In January, ministers announced that mercury filters must be fitted in all
crematoria by 2012 in an effort to halve emissions.

Mercury is released into the atmosphere when dental fillings are vaporised
during cremation.
Exposure to the metal is linked to damage of the brain, nervous system and
fertility. Crematoria are responsible for 16% of the UK's mercury pollution.
HYPERLINK
"http://farns9.iserver.net/imanager/wizards/mm_compose.cgi?mbox=&mpos=1&send_to=graham.davies@ liverpool.com"
\t "linkWin"

===

But, but ,but...it was OH so safe in the mouth when these people were alive.

Anyone that can believe that will believe anything, like the *gang* here who
get more ridiculous daily.

Old June 20th 07, 03:19 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Robert

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Robert" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..

JOHN wrote:
[...]

Because I never knew anyone who had a problem with amalgam, I've had no
problem, and the ADA says there is no problem, and all my previous and
present dentists say no problem.
I'm more concerned about the coal-fired power plants starting one a week in
China and the many starting in the US putting tons of Mercury into the air.
Why are you not concerned about the air?

Robert

Old June 20th 07, 07:09 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Jan Drew

"Robert" wrote in message

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Robert" wrote in message
news

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
t...

"Robert" wrote in message
. ..

JOHN wrote:
[...]

Wrong, here I am.

I've had no
problem, and the ADA says there is no problem, and all my previous and
present dentists say no problem.

So..you perfer to believe liars. I already knew that.

http://jada.ada.org/cgi/content/abstract/131/2/241

THE WAR ON FRAUD AND ITS EFFECT ON DENTISTRY

SIDNEY ROCKE, J.D.

The fraudulent actions of a disreputable few people in the health care
industry have caused enormous losses to government and private health care
payers. Fraud can take a number of forms, but usually is based on some form
of deceit. In response, law enforcement efforts have been aided by a number
of recent anti-fraud statutes and significant new resources. The challenge
to dentistry is to ensure that legitimate efforts to fight fraud do not
unduly burden practitioners, the vast majority of whom are honest.

I'm more concerned about the coal-fired power plants starting one a week
in
China and the many starting in the US putting tons of Mercury into the
air.
Why are you not concerned about the air?

Robert

I am, you should know I am concerned about any source of mercury. I have my
priorities starting with
*the greatest and number one source in people*.

You, OTOH prefer to listen to liars.

http://www.toxicteeth.org/pressRoom_..._polluters.cfm

THE NATION
Dentists Biggest Mercury Polluters, New Study Finds
Health: The metal is widely used in fillings and ends up in the nation's
waste
water.

By ELIZABETH SHOGREN
TIMES STAFF WRITER June 6, 2002 WASHINGTON - Coal-fired power plants are
notorious for being the biggest source of mercury pollution in the air. But
now, new attention is being directed at another, much less known source of
mercury contamination in water--dentists. A new report shows that dentists
are
the largest single source of mercury pollution in waste water funneled into
the
nation's treatment plants. Mercury is a potent toxin that can damage the
human
brain, spinal cord, kidney and liver, and is especially dangerous for unborn
children. While many other sources of mercury pollution have drastically cut
their use of the heavy metal, dentists continue to use it widely in
fillings.
"Pretty much all the mercury they're using gets released into the
environment.
Why aren't they doing more to reduce that use?" said Michael Bender,
director
of the Mercury Policy Project, a foundation-funded group that was one of the
authors of the study. Power plants emit mercury into the air and it falls
into
streams and rivers. Many dentists flush it down their drains and it goes
directly into waste-water treatment plants, which do not effectively filter
it
from the water. In a statement responding to the report, the American Dental
Assn. said it was aware that some particles from fillings end up in waste
water, and it urges dentists to follow proper procedures for handling and
recycling the composite used for fillings, which they refer to as "amalgam."
But the association argued that the mercury from their fillings remains in a
form that is not harmful to humans. "However, a 1996 study found that when
amalgam particles were subjected to simulated waste-water treatment
processes,
no soluble mercury was detected, even at a concentration of 1 part per
billion," according to the statement. The group stressed that it was
currently
implementing a new plan to address the problem. The new report's authors
said
that dentists, through voluntary or mandatory measures, should trap their
waste
mercury before it flows into plumbing fixtures that have been contaminated
with
mercury for years. The report referred to a 2001 study by the Assn. of
Metropolitan Sewerage Agencies that evaluated seven major municipal
waste-water
treatment plants and determined that dental uses were "by far" the greatest
contributors to the mercury reaching their facilities. They were responsible
for 40% of the load, three times more than the next largest contributor.
Several other countries regulate releases of dental mercury. In Canada, a
new
standard requires dentists to trap the pieces of filling before they go down
the drain. The goal is to reduce releases by 95% by 2005. In May, the New
Hampshire Legislature became the first in the nation to pass legislation
governing disposal methods for dental mercury. The California Assembly
considered a measure to phase out the use of mercury in fillings but did not
adopt it. The report suggests that mercury in dentistry has become the
exception while other major users of mercury have changed their practices.
In
1985 dental facilities used 3% of all the mercury used nationwide. Last
year,
although dentists used less mercury, their use accounted for 20% of all
uses.
Only two other industries--wiring devices and switches and chloralkali--used
more. Gina Solomon, a physician who focuses on the health effects of mercury
for the Natural Resources Defense Council, said that there was still
controversy about whether the fillings put dental patients at risk. And she
stressed that those who have such fillings should not get them removed,
because
taking them out heightens the chance of exposure. However, she said the
science
is clear that the mercury that goes down the drain can end up in the food
chain. "There is scientific consensus that mercury that ends up in the waste
water and water bodies will accumulate in the fish and pose a direct human
health problem to people who eat the fish; that is uncontroversial and is
something that can be fixed," Solomon said. If you want other stories on
this
topic, search the Archives at www.latimes.com/archive. For information about
reprinting this article, go to www.lats.com/rights. Copyright 2002 Los
Angeles
Times

Old June 20th 07, 09:43 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology,talk.politics.medicine,uk.people.health
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

14. Both Health Canada (1996) and world Health Organization (1991) consider
dental amalgams to be the single largest source of mercury exposure for the
general public, with amalgam potentially contributing up to 84% (WHO, 1991)
or
total daily intake of all forms of mercury from all sources,

OK, Jan, this is simple -

Please provide references for the Health Canada and WHO statements.
Note that anti-amalgam web sites saying things about Health Canada and
WHO are not references. Please provide citations of actual rulings by
both organisations, such citations to have sufficient detail to enable
readers to go to material published by the organisations.

Can't do it? I didn't think so.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au