Found a backup doctor

Old May 24th 05, 03:54 PM
CJRA

That's great news! Hope you don't have to go the hospital route, but
it's nice to have a backup plan you're comfortable with.

I'm going with my midwife's recommendation on this one...well, not
having a back up OB, but she knows which hospital is the most
supportive of natural birth, so we'll go with that one.

Old May 24th 05, 04:39 PM
Joybelle

Default Found a backup doctor

I still plan on having a homebirth, but my I needed to find a backup doctor.
On Friday, I met her, and I must say I think she's wonderful! And if I do
choose to have a hospital birth, or I need to, this hospital is so much more
supportive of birthing as naturally as possible. In the previous hospital
(where I had my eldest, and my sister just had hers), your pain relief
options were VERY limited. Epidural and Stadol. No water, no birthing
ball, no squatting bar. Now, I know that's backwards to some people's
thinking, but to me, I want to avoid an epidural and other drugs if
possible, so with no other options other than walking really, it makes it
tougher to avoid those. Half the time walking is limited, also, because
they like to strap you to the bed and do monitoring and all that good stuff.
Plus, you have to SHARE a bathroom. That so sucked. The hospital I looked
at Friday has birthing suites with whirlpool tubs, squatting bars, birthing
balls, and what sounds like a very supportive staff. And, they don't offer
an epidural. LOL

The doctor was very nice. She was very easy to talk to, and she has twin
boys who are a week younger than my son. She said a number of things that I
was pleased about, and I think we'll be a good match if I end up birthing at
the hospital. I just really liked her.

So, I think things are looking up! I'm about 21w5d now. I feel the baby
some, but I wish I felt it more! I'm scheduled for an u/s on June 6 to
check out the enlarged lateral ventricle and get a better look at the feet.
Both the friend who did the u/s and the doctor seemed quite optimistic it
should be resolved. I really hope so. I'm not doing much fretting anymore
anyway. Just sending up prayers.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 24th 05, 06:09 PM
sharalyns

Yay! Oh that sounds like an excellent back up plan. Congrats on finding
a great doc. Hope the scan on the 6th turns out to be good and the
ventricle will have resolved itself by then. :-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old May 26th 05, 05:30 PM
Joybelle

"CJRA" wrote in message
oups.com...
That's great news! Hope you don't have to go the hospital route, but
it's nice to have a backup plan you're comfortable with.

It is such a relief!! With the other hospital it was such a dread to go to
prenatal appointments at all. Maybe my blood pressure won't rise at all
this pregnancy. I believe this will be a homebirth, but it is nice to
have my backup plan.

I'm going with my midwife's recommendation on this one...well, not
having a back up OB, but she knows which hospital is the most
supportive of natural birth, so we'll go with that one.

My midwife wants each of her clients to have a backup doctor (my previous
one was an ob, this one is a family doctor). When I talked to the midwife
yesterday she said this doctor has been a great backup for some of her other
clients. So, cool.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old May 26th 05, 05:31 PM
Joybelle

"sharalyns" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yay! Oh that sounds like an excellent back up plan. Congrats on finding
a great doc. Hope the scan on the 6th turns out to be good and the
ventricle will have resolved itself by then. :-)

Thanks, Sharalyn! I'm pretty happy about this doc, I think. I just have
a good feeling about the u/s on the 6th. I will be sure to post how it
turns out, though.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Oct 2005

Old June 4th 05, 05:49 AM
carl jones

"Joybelle" wrote in message
I still plan on having a homebirth, but my I needed to find a backup
doctor.
On Friday, I met her, and I must say I think she's wonderful!

That is wonderful news! It is so important to have a supportive back up
physician when you are planning a home birth. It sounds like the hospital is
marvellous so on the off chance that at transfer becomes necessary, you will
be in a good environment. Good luck!

Carl