opinions on pumps

Old December 6th 03, 03:12 PM
Em

Default opinions on pumps

"All4meUC" wrote in message

I need your opinions on breast pumps. It seems a lot of you have the Avent

Isis
manual pump and like that one. I'm NOT looking for something hospital

grade (or
that expesive!) just a pump that will do the job. Is it worth getting one

of
the less expensive electric/battery operated brands or would the Avent

manual
work just as well. What about the 1st Years Breast Pump, any experience

with
this particular one? Currently I use the medela manaul piston pump that I
received in the hospital. It works but is very tiring on my hands. Thanks

in
advance.

I have an Avent Isis and find it very adequate for my limited pumping needs
(I pump once a week, maximum). As I've become more accustomed to it, I have
been able to pump 3 ounces from one breast in about 10 minutes (and that is
enough). As other people have noted, the hole for the nipple is a bit small
and pinches me a bit. I also have no problem with letting down for the pump
as long as I am looking at or thinking about my baby. Actually, once I went
to move the bowl of washed pumped parts off of the counter and my milk let
down just from doing that! I was quite amused :-)

--
Em
mama to the L-baby, 11 weeks

Old December 6th 03, 10:39 PM
AskeyKO

Thanks for all the input, it seems the Avevt Isis is the way I'll go. Now,
where to get one? We don't have a Baby's R Us around here, and I don't recall
seeing them at toys r us. I was thinking about looking on ebay, but would be
worried about getting worn out equipment.

Target and WalMart often carry them. I've seen them at Sears, too. You can
order off eBay, just make sure you get it SIB (sealed in box) or FSIB (factory
sealed). There are several listed online, I'm sure. There always have been
when I looked.