The Thoroughly Unqualified Stephen Barrett -Salem Witch Hunter's Clone

Old July 22nd 07, 02:01 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.legal
The One True Zhen Jue

Default Stephen Barrett claims "expert knowledge" -- 1 1/2 years of Law Correspondence School

On Jul 22, 4:57 am, "Jan Drew" wrote:
It was off-topic and ridiculous the first time you posted it.

Wrong. It was about a QUack.

Jan, Quacks like H*lda Cl*rk and Joey Merc*la are on topic. Dr
Barrett is only of interest to paranoid hags and narcissitic morons
and is off topic in MHA. Do make a note of it.

On Jul 21, 1:40 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
Note from Ilena Rosenthal: Here is Stephen Barrett claiming "expert
knowledge" on "aspects of law" that he learned in a mailorder /
correspondence credential mill in 1 1/2 years of mailing in.

This is extremely significant because Quackwatch Wars against others
regarding their credentials ... while his own are extremely dubious
... to use his self-describing phrase.

LaSalle became famous for advertising on matchbooks.

Barrett has had a long history of shaking down people for saying
things about him he doesn't like ... He demanded $500 ... then $2,000
from me for reposting a piece about him like he has done to so many
others.

I refused to back down.

He then sued me and several others ... in a classic SLAPP suit
designed to silence activists such as myself. In June, the judge
ordered that both Barrett and Terry Polevoy post bonds for their
losses in excess of $433,000. To my knowledge, this was not done.

He has a large team on Wikipedia attempting to keep off unflattering
facts about him ... and has seen to it that false information on his
losing case to me remains on Wikipedia. I will quote one verified
facts they refuse to allow ... this from the Appeals Court.

http://www.casp.net/barrett3.html

Rosenthal was entitled to an attorney fee award from Barrett because,
as the trial court correctly concluded, his unjustified defamation
claim sought to chill her exercise of constitutional rights.

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...w.BreastImplan...

Stephen Barrett, editing his own articles as Sbinfo on Wikipedia:

"I have expert knowledge of certain aspects of law that I studied and
have worked with for many years. I completed 1-1/2 years of law school
through a correspondence course under the G.I. Bill and emerged with a
working knowledge of the areas of law that interested me."
[[User:Sbinfo|Sbinfo]] 00:50, 23 July 2006 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ett&diff=6...- Hide quoted text -

Old August 1st 07, 06:49 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,misc.legal
Ilena Rose

Default Stephen Barrett claims "expert knowledge" after 1 1/2 years of Law Correspondence School

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...sRosenthal.htm
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...WatchWatch.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=65283556