Obstetrics = BAD Hypnobirth (Bad Natal Hypnotherapy)

Old June 27th 05, 05:29 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Obstetrics = BAD Hypnobirth (Bad Natal Hypnotherapy)

PREGNANT WOMEN: Obstetricians are senselessly closing birth canals up to
30%...

It's easy to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.

See ACOG's 2005 edition: How NOT to birth
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3606

Attention: Ms. FIDELMA O'MAHONY, Clinical Governance Office, Ward 59, North
Staffordshire Maternity Unit: Please see the end of this post...

OBSTETRICS = **BAD** HYPNOBIRTH (BAD NATAL HYPNOTHERAPY)

Obstetricians do a lot of GOOD things.

But obstetricians do some very BAD things - like senselessly keeping birth
canals closed up to 30% when babies get stuck. More below.

LADIES: I say again: It's easy to allow your birth canal to OPEN the
"extra" up to 30%. See the URL above.

NOTE: Many midwives ape obstetricians in closing birth canals the "extra" up
to 30%.

HOW OBSTETRICS (BAD HYPNOBIRTH) WORKS:

(From GOOD hypnobirth trainer Jill Wootton's site about GOOD hypnobirth.)

"[M]odern culture has created such an atmosphere of fear and anxiety around
birth that women cannot get through this to access their natural birthing
ability...Right from childhood we are bombarded with images that teach us
that childbirth is agony. Women who have had children...seem to announce
proudly, 'Oh just you wait my dear youčll never experience pain like it'.
The power of suggestion is very strong... this constant exposure hypnotises
us into a belief that goes deep into the subconscious."
http://www.naturalchildbirth.co.uk/painful.shtml

DR. GASTALDO REMARKS:

Television and movie births are some of the most powerful images of birth.

Television and movie births generally show women delivering on their backs -
either dorsal or semisitting.

Both of these woman-on-her-back birth positions (dorsal and semisitting)
close the birth canal up to 30%.

Obstetricians are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals up to 30%.

Obstetricians are knowingly KEEPING birth canals closed the "extra" up to
30% when babies get stuck.

See The Four OB Lies (they are whoppers) in: ACOG's 2005 edition: How NOT to
birth
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3606

UNNECESSARY FORCEPS

With birth canals senselessly closed the "extra" up to 30% (with women
semisitting or dorsal)...

Obstetricians are pulling with hands, forceps and vacuums - sometimes
pulling so hard they rip spinal nerves out of tiny spinal cords.

Some babies die - some are paralyzed - most "only" have their spines
gruesomely wrenched. (ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth
canal closed the "extra" up to 30%.)

UNNECESSARY C-SECTIONS
UNNECESSARY EPISIOTOMIES

As they senselessly close birth canals up to 30%...

Obstetricians are slicing vaginas and abdomens en masse
(episiotomy/c-section) - surgically/fraudulently inferring they are doing
everything possible to open birth canals - even as they close birth canals
up to 30%.

Obstetricians are LYING to cover-up.

See again: The Four OB Lies (they are whoppers) in: ACOG's 2005 edition: How
NOT to birth
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3606

NOTE: Compelling obstetricians to allow birth canals to open the "extra" up
to 30% will not prevent all forceps, c-sections and episiotomies - but
obstetricians have no business closing birth canals the "extra" up to 30%.

DE-HYPNOSIS...

GOOD Hypnobirth trainer/GOOD Natal hypnotherapist Jill Wooten says:

"[W]e need to de-hypnotise ourselves..."
http://www.naturalchildbirth.co.uk/painful.shtml

GOOD hypnobirth training is the use of suggestion/hypnosis to DE-hypnotize.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

Copied to: Jill Wootton (quoted above) via...

Sussex Natural Childbirth
161 Hangleton Road
Hove
East Sussex
BN3 7SF
England
Tel: + 44 (0)1273 412009

Jill,

Your page titled "Why is Labour painful and does it need to be?" reminds me:

Placing women on their sacra - in addition to physically
obstructing/inhibiting labor may also NEUROLOGICALLY inhibit labor - perhaps
in part by increasing pain.

On the same page, you mention Grantley Dick-Read, MD.

Grantley Dick-Read, MD promoted woman-on-her-back delivery positions.

The Nov. 5, 1955 issue of the British Medical Journal carries a letter
from Dick-Read promoting semisitting delivery over the left lateral
position. *(The left lateral position allows the birth canal to open the
"extra" up to 30%; semisitting does not.)

Dick-Read believed the left lateral position to be "the result of
short-sighted teaching of an unnatural position." *To make his point,
Dick-Read invoked observations of
"coloured races" living in Africa, made by "100 collaborators, including
Government medical and administrative officers, missionaries, paramount
chiefs, and aged settlers who appreciated the novelty of this
investigation."

Dick-Read also invoked various ancients - including Aristotle (whom he
quoted: "The woman should lie on her back...between lying and
sitting...") and Soranus of Ephesus, and Shipral and Puah "the Egyptian
midwives to the Israelites."

Dick-Read continued his attack on the lateral position by noting proudly
that "the left lateral position was used and discarded by the great
American obstetrician, Joseph de Lee, who stated his reasons for
reverting to the dorsal position..." (de Lee was the fine fellow who
established episiotomy as a routine obstetric procedure.)

Dick-Read concluded: *"My investigations throughout the past few years
show that the large majority of peoples of the world of all colours
employ for delivery the squatting attitude, with the body weight take
either on the feet, knees, buttocks, or lower back...Surely this galaxy
of opinion favouring the dorsal attitude thoughout the ages must have
some foundation of good sense and purpose. *There is ample evidence of
this from obstetricians, midwives, and the women and mothers of our time
who have experienced both methods adequately to enable them to arrive at
a balanced conclusion..." [Dick-Read G. Position for delivery (letter).
British Medical Journal (Nov5)1955:1142-3]

Dick-Read did much good work but he promoted closing the birth canal the
"extra" up to 30%.

I mention this because HypnoBirthing is a "modern progression" of
Dick-Read's work, as in,

"Dr. Grantly Dick-Read, an English obstetrician, first forwarded the concept
of natural birthing in the 1920s. The HypnoBirthing method...[is]...a modern
progression of his work..."
http://www.naturalchildbirth.co.uk/hypnobirthing.shtml

MARIE MONGAN: HYPNOBIRTHING FOUNDER

"The HypnoBirthing method was developed by Marie Mongan, a hypnotherapist
who first used the techniques for her own childrenčs birth and in 1990
started the HypnoBirthing method in America."
http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/marie_mongan.shtml

I will copy HypnoBirthing Founder Marie Mongan, M.Ed., M.Hy. Via

Marie,

I found the following quote from you at a Las Vegas (USA) HypnoBirthing
site:

"[A]lmost 95% of women could birth normally and easily if left to their
natural birthing instincts..."
http://www.hypnobirthinglasvegas.com/mickeysletter.htm

This reminds me: Michel Odent, MD indicates that as part of the FETUS
EJECTION REFLEX most women SPONTANEOUSLY get off their sacra (allow their
birth canals to open the "extra" up to 30%) if allowed to feel unobserved
during delivery.

Similarly, early editions of Williams Obstetrics stated that women
spontaneously assume an upright posture during late second stage.

Marie, our chairdwelling culture is robbing children of their innate ability
to rest their spines on their feet.

See Can UCLA biologists squat?

NOTE: Women do NOT need to be able to squat to allow their birth canals to
open the "extra" up to 30%. Side-lying works - so do hands-and-knees,
kneeling, standing, crouching on one knee, etc.

"SQUATTING OPENS"

One often reads phrases like "squatting opens"...

My experience is that it is much more impactful to say semisitting and
dorsal CLOSE - up to 30% - but I suspect that everybody is afraid to say it
that way because it makes the ongoing obstetric crime obvious.

Interestingly, Cochrane collaborator Murray Enkin, MD censored his own text
after I contacted him rather than make the poing that semisitting and dorsal
CLOSE (which point he did not dispute).

Cochrane guru Sir Iain Chalmers, MD went along with Enkin's self-censorship,
anti-scientifically saying to me that he and Enkin could not start telling
women that obstetricians are closing birth canals and lying to cover-up -
until there is scientific evidence that it is beneficial to tell women the
truth! LOL!

See http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/ part2ftc.html

Regarding the obvious obstetric crime... I am in favor of pardons in
advance for medical doctors. As medical students, medical doctors are
TRAINED to perform the obvious crime. Midwives just follow the grisly
obstetric lead.

Copied also to: Rob Rawlings and SKY ONE )

Rob called attention to hypnobirth on the usenet newsgroup
misc.kids.pregnancy.

Rob wrote:

Dear All,

First of all apologies for gate crashing this site, I work for a
documentary television production company, we are making a brand new
documentary series for SKY ONE. The series features Paul McKenna, and
we are hoping to find someone interested in having a hypnobirth or
natal hypnotherapy as it is known in this country. We are looking for
people that are in the late stages of pregnancy, so if you are
interested please get in contact.

If you or someone you know might be interested in this project or just
want to know more then please contact or
call our hotline on 0207 659 2763

Many Thanks

Rob and SKY ONE,

Again quoting from the website of GOOD hypnobirth trainer Jill Wootton
above:

Right from childhood we are bombarded with images that teach us that
childbirth is agony...This constant exposure hypnotises us into a belief
that goes deep into the subconscious."
http://www.naturalchildbirth.co.uk/painful.shtml

Women who tune in to most cable birth channels today in the USA see
semisitting (birth canal closed the "extra" up to 30%) routinely.

Hopefully Rob's documentary television production company (and SKY ONE) will
begin de-hypnotizing the British public in regard to birth position by
exposing the ongoing grisly obstetric/hypnotic fraud on television.

SOME BRITISH DOCTORS MAY BE GETTING READY TO STOP THE PRACTICE...

British general practitioner Dr. Sarah Vaughan and Ms. Fidelma O'Mahony,
Clinical Governance Office, Ward 59, North
Staffordshire Maternity Unit are collaborating to end the bizarre
birth-canal-closing practice in Britain.

....at least I have encouraged Fidelma and Sarah to do so...

See Obsessing about PREVENTION
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3673

I encouraged them to collaborate because Sarah mentioned me in her birth
story and Fidelma recently wrote to me:

"Many thanks for your comments, I will look into this option. Am currently
updating Cochrane review on instrumental delivery. Also involved in tecahing
emergency obstetrics...MOET (Managing Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma)."

Closing the birth canal the "extra" up to 30% whilst pulling with forceps or
vacuum (which is routine) should NOT be an option!

The same goes for pulling with hands when the baby's shoulders get stuck.

Something tells me that the shoulder dystocia mannequin recently tested in
Britain was not allowed to roll off its sacrum...

See Babies vs. BJOG Editor Jim Thornton
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3662

Fidelma, I have heard nothing back from Tim Draycott BSc, MB BS, MD, MRCOG.
I'll copy him again via - but could you check with him
and see if the mannequin was allowed to roll off its sacrum?

I hope you and Sarah are collaborating to educate British obstetricians and
midwives not to keep birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when babies
get stuck.

I will cc Fidelma (again) at:

Thanks for reading everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
Hillsboro, Oregon
USA

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet archive.

http://groups.google.com for "Obstetrics = BAD Hypnobirth (Bad Natal
Hypnotherapy)"