Didn't realise pumping would be such a Pain!

Old September 27th 06, 02:32 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Didn't realise pumping would be such a Pain!

I pumped for 3 weeks while DD was in hospital so doing it is not a big
deal. And I work in an office, normal office hours with a door which
locks and a kitchen w/sink to wash things, so surely it should be no
problem. AND, I work for the health dept which is pushing a big BF
awareness campaign at the moment and my boss is on the national
committee for BF awareness (or somesuch).

What I forgot about - MEETINGS! And because my office is separate from
the main office, often those meetings require driving. Sometimes
they're scheduled back to back all day.... Finding the time to pump, or
pumping on any sort of regular schedule is a PITA! Just when my supply
was starting to regulate and I wasn't leaking so much except for the
1-2 mins before DD starts getting hungry, it's going to get all wonky.
I'm just going to have to pump when I have time....and get a car
adaptor.

Old September 28th 06, 01:00 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"cjra" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I hear ya! FWIW I've yet to go to a meeting in any building where they
didn't find me some place to pump when I've asked. I also have a car
adapter for when I'm traveling. It is a PITA and forget about a break or
lunch with co-workers for the next 9 months. Socialization is one of the
few pay-offs (well except for the check ,lol) for working out of the home
and pumping does that one in :PPPPPP Ok, enough of my pity party. I hate
pumping too ;-)

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old September 28th 06, 05:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:tcWdneT0G8sfjYbYnZ2dnUVZ_qOdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"cjra" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Whisperwear?

Jess

Old September 29th 06, 02:05 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"Jess" wrote in message
newsTHSg.1480$Rp3.718@dukeread12...

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:tcWdneT0G8sfjYbYnZ2dnUVZ_qOdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"cjra" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

?? I wouldn't pump while chatting with a bunch of co-workers or other
strangers attending a workshop no matter how quiet the pump was ;-) I do
NIP but I'm not up for PIP.

I want a show of hands. Who PIP - pumps in public ;-D People probably hear
me pump sometimes as the pump is kind of loud. I don't care about that but
I do want a private place. I've also pumped in the car in parking lots and
someone could have walked by but I've never sat down in the break room and
hauled out the pump so I could chat. I wonder what people would do?

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old September 29th 06, 04:03 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

"Nikki" wrote in message
news:tcWdneT0G8sfjYbYnZ2dnUVZ_qOdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

"cjra" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Yeah, I have no qualms about whipping out my boob and flashing some
nipple in most places, and have had many conversations whilst nursing,
but no way would I pump in public! it's bad enough everyone can hear it
outside my office and then sees me carrying my milk bottles down the
hall. I don't know why that part seems weird, it just does!

Nikki - what pump do you have?

I have the Ameda Purely Yours and while I like it, it seems to be
getting louder and louder each day. It didn't seem so loud on day 1!

Old September 29th 06, 04:38 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"Nikki" wrote in message
?? I wouldn't pump while chatting with a bunch of co-workers or other
strangers attending a workshop no matter how quiet the pump was ;-) I do
NIP but I'm not up for PIP.

I want a show of hands. Who PIP - pumps in public ;-D People probably
hear me pump sometimes as the pump is kind of loud. I don't care about
that but I do want a private place. I've also pumped in the car in
parking lots and someone could have walked by but I've never sat down in
the break room and hauled out the pump so I could chat. I wonder what
people would do?

I was thinking a WW, since it's battery operated and should be easier to at
least find a place that way, if not actually pump during commutes.

And I've pumped at the nation's largest gaming convention in a room with
eight guys ranging from the 60 year old grandfather to the 19 year old that
had never changed a diaper.

Jess

Old September 29th 06, 05:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Lara

Nikki wrote:

?? I wouldn't pump while chatting with a bunch of co-workers or other
strangers attending a workshop no matter how quiet the pump was ;-) I do
NIP but I'm not up for PIP.

I want a show of hands. Who PIP - pumps in public ;-D

I did. Plenty of times. Family gatherings, work, an airplane, various
other places while travelling. Nothing was flashed at any point. A
handsfree bra and a big shirt takes care of that.

EPing wouldn't have lasted long if I'd have had to sequester myself away
from people and work for 30 minutes every three hours or so.

Lara
EPed for 14.5 months
Old September 29th 06, 08:49 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

Nikki wrote:

I want a show of hands. Who PIP - pumps in public ;-D People probably hear
me pump sometimes as the pump is kind of loud. I don't care about that but
I do want a private place. I've also pumped in the car in parking lots and
someone could have walked by but I've never sat down in the break room and
hauled out the pump so I could chat. I wonder what people would do?

Not me, not even in front of my family, only my dp. I hated it with a
passion but did it as long as I could. I couldn't keep up when ds
started nursery so gave up completely.

Having said that there was no reason for me to pump in front of anyone.
I like to think if I was EP'ing my view would have been different, but
who can tell *shrug*.

Jeni

Old September 29th 06, 08:53 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"Jess" wrote in message

I was thinking a WW, since it's battery operated and should be easier to
at least find a place that way, if not actually pump during commutes.

Oh - battery operated! I hadn't thought of that. That would be a bonus.

And I've pumped at the nation's largest gaming convention in a room with
eight guys ranging from the 60 year old grandfather to the 19 year old
that had never changed a diaper.

Wow - good for you! I don't think it is a bad thing, just not something I
would do :-)

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old September 29th 06, 08:56 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Nikki

"Lara" wrote in message

I did. Plenty of times. Family gatherings, work, an airplane, various
other places while travelling. Nothing was flashed at any point. A
handsfree bra and a big shirt takes care of that.

EPing wouldn't have lasted long if I'd have had to sequester myself away
from people and work for 30 minutes every three hours or so.

Lara
EPed for 14.5 months

Another one! No, I don't think you'd have to flash people either, nor would
I think it would be a big hairy deal if you did. It isn't something that
grosses me out or seems immodest or anything. I dunno - just not something
I'd do. Probably because I've never had to.

You EP'rs have all my admiration. You are all really committed and deserve
lots of props. I can see why PIP would be needed. If I can't pump I just
wait longer and hope I don't leak. ;-) That clearly isn't an option for
everyone.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99