Need help with b-day invites

Old August 8th 03, 07:50 PM
Megan Byrne

Default Need help with b-day invites

Invitations are always a big deal to me, don't know why, I know they end
up in the garbage, but anyway....

In just a few weeks the invites will go out for my twins first b-day and
I need a cute saying for the invites.

So far, all I have come up with is

"Now the real fun has begun...
Aidan and Alexis are turning one!!!"

Any other suggestions??

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Old August 9th 03, 12:53 AM
Andrea

Megan-

Are you having a theme for the party? I've always tied my invitation wording
into the theme of the party. My girls' first birthday was a Noah's Ark theme
so I had the following printed on the invitations:

God said one little girl would not do,
so our lives were blessed with two...
Two little girls, oh what fun!
Our two little girls are turning one!

Please join us in celebrating... yadda, yadda, yadda, etc. etc.

HTH. BTW, how are you handling them turning one? I was a complete basket
case. I cried for 2 months before their birthday.....couldn't even think about
it w/o getting tears in my eyes.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old
Old August 9th 03, 03:22 AM
Megan Byrne

Hi Andrea,

No real "theme". I bought very cute, whimsical invites with animals all
wearing b-day hats and having cake. I am going to have plates, napkins,
balloons, etc. in boy/girl colors tha say "Happy First B-day" from Party
City. They will also each have their own cake.

I just can't get over that a year has almost gone by...and I survived. I
am sure I will cry as it gets nearer. Where did my newborns go??
Sometimes I get those new baby "pangs".

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Old August 11th 03, 03:59 AM
Andrea

No real "theme". I bought very cute, whimsical invites with animals all
wearing b-day hats and having cake.

Hmmm......

Maybe you could put something like...

"Join us for ice cream, cake, and lots of fun. Aidan and Alexis are turning
one!"

Sorry, it's not much. I'm coming up blank on any other ideas.

Oh, I just thought of something... You can visit web sites that sell
invitations and get wording ideas from their samples. There are usually quite
a few 'first birthday' examples shown.

HTH,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Researcher/Parent Invites Parents' Help with Research-Complete Brief Surveys ONLINE Vanessa Johnson Thomas Kids Health 0 January 5th 04 02:22 AM
Luke invites you to... u1 General 0 September 14th 03 09:31 PM
"Project invites families to dinner" Mike General 0 September 4th 03 02:09 PM