Obama tells black fathers to engage their children

Old June 16th 08, 12:44 PM posted to alt.child-support
Dusty

Default Obama tells black fathers to engage their children

But not a word about black (it should be any) women (and their cronies in
the legal system) not to keep them being a father to their kids. But,
noooooo, let's slander the guys once more. These intellectual midgets are
really starting to annoy the crap outta me..

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...I1gMgD91AMTT00

Obama tells black fathers to engage their children
By CHRISTOPHER WILLS - 16 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) - Barack Obama celebrated Father's Day by calling on black
fathers, who he said are "missing from too many lives and too many homes,"
to become active in raising their children.

"They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of
men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it," the
Democratic presidential candidate said Sunday at a largely black church in
his hometown.

Reminding the congregation of his firsthand experience growing up without a
father, Obama said he was lucky to have loving grandparents who helped his
mother. He got support, second chances and scholarships that helped him get
an education. Obama's father left when he was 2.

"A lot of children don't get those chances. There is no margin for error in
their lives," said Obama, an Illinois senator.

"I resolved many years ago that it was my obligation to break the cycle -
that if I could be anything in life, I would be a good father to my girls,"
added Obama, whose daughters, Sasha and Malia, and his wife, Michelle,
watched from the audience.

Obama's appearance at the Apostolic Church of God was his first address to a
church since he ended his membership at Trinity United Church of Christ,
where he had worshipped for 20 years, following inflammatory remarks there
by his former longtime pastor and others.

Obama frequently emphasized the importance of God in his life and ended the
speech by asking the congregation to "Pray for me. Pray for Michelle."

Obama often speaks about the importance of parental involvement. In
Washington, he sponsored legislation to get more child support money to
children by offering a tax credit for fathers who pay support, more
efficient collection and penalties for fathers who don't meet their
obligations.

The issue adds to his family values credentials and lets voters see him
delivering a stern message to black voters.

"We can't simply write these problems off to past injustices," Obama said
Sunday. "Those injustices are real. There's a reason our families are in
disrepair ... but we can't keep using that as an excuse."

Obama urged black parents to demand the best from themselves and their
children.

He compared it to his own presidential campaign and early comments from
black voters who said they liked him but didn't think a black man could ever
be elected president. He said they were admitting defeat before the
competition had even begun.

"That was when I wasn't black enough. Now I'm too black," he said in a
joking aside.

He said parents who proudly tell him their child gets great grades, all B's,
should encourage them even more.

"All B's? Is that the highest grade?" Obama said. "It's great that you can
get a B, but you can get a better grade. It's great that you've got a job,
but you can get a better job."

Old June 16th 08, 04:00 PM posted to alt.child-support
Bob W

"Dusty" wrote in message
But not a word about black (it should be any) women (and their cronies in
the legal system) not to keep them being a father to their kids. But,
noooooo, let's slander the guys once more. These intellectual midgets are
really starting to annoy the crap outta me..

I thought the same thing.

The government creates policies to force fathers out of their children's
lives and then turns around a criticizes fathers for not being involved in
raising their children.

A great example is welfare reform where mothers cannot have the baby's
father living with them to qualify for the public money. If the mother can
get more public benefits by having the father out of the household she is
not going to take less to have him stay.

Old June 17th 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.child-support
Phil

"Bob W" wrote in message

"Dusty" wrote in message
But not a word about black (it should be any) women (and their
cronies in the legal system) not to keep them being a father to their
kids. But, noooooo, let's slander the guys once more. These
intellectual midgets are really starting to annoy the crap outta me..

I thought the same thing.

The government creates policies to force fathers out of their
children's lives and then turns around a criticizes fathers for not
being involved in raising their children.

A great example is welfare reform where mothers cannot have the baby's
father living with them to qualify for the public money. If the
mother can get more public benefits by having the father out of the
household she is not going to take less to have him stay.

Especially since she can shuttle him in and out the back door as needed.
Phil #3

Old June 19th 08, 03:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

..
..
"Dusty" wrote in message
But not a word about black (it should be any) women (and their cronies in
the legal system) not to keep them being a father to their kids. But,
noooooo, let's slander the guys once more. These intellectual midgets are
really starting to annoy the crap outta me..

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...I1gMgD91AMTT00

Obama tells black fathers to engage their children
By CHRISTOPHER WILLS - 16 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) - Barack Obama celebrated Father's Day by calling on black
fathers, who he said are "missing from too many lives and too many homes,"
to become active in raising their children.

That's code for "pay the woman MORE free money"..........