First Christmas Presents

Old November 17th 03, 07:11 PM
lynn

Default First Christmas Presents

In article
ogers.com,
"Marie" wrote:

The kidlets will be 8 months old (6mo corrected) at Christmas. We're trying
to play it low key--after all, it's not like they're going to understand
anything about what's going on :-) But I've already had a couple of family
members askwhat "the boys would like" for Christmas.

They're only beginning to play with toys, and since I sell toys for a living
there's no shortage of them around the house. Not that I'm saying "no
toys," just that I have no feel for what sort of things they like so far.
We already have two cribs, three play pens, two highchairs, 4 double
strollers, and two swings. Someone is giving us a hand-me-down exersaucer,
so unless we want a second one that's taken care of. They *don't* need
anymore clothes ATM.

I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions of things that I haven't thought
of that will prove invaluable for the kidlets when they're between 6 and 12
months old. What was the best "first christmas" present your kids ever
recieved?

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2

A second exersaucer with different toys. You want both of them busy at
once :-)

A baby jumper - the seat on springs that hangs from a doorway and lets
baby jump. Our baby loved it from 5 months up. It let us eat dinner in
peace, while he went bounce, bounce, bounce. Ours was a hand-me-down
made by Fisher Price, but looking on line the one that looks most
similar is the Graco Bumper Jumper.

- Lynn
Old November 18th 03, 12:49 AM
toto

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:15:21 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

PS If you have twins get two exersaucers, they are a fantastic invention
that give kids some sense of mobility and freedom when they have none. Our
second is in the exersaucer now and you will REALLY appreciate that 1/2 hour
when they are absorbed with some toy... you know they are safe and they
really like it.

Not all babies like the exersaucer though. My granddaughter didn't
like it at all. She likes to play with it from the outside now, but
never did like sitting in it at all.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 18th 03, 07:44 PM
calliaz

Ericka Kammerer wrote:

Marie wrote:

I guess what I'm looking for is suggestions of things that I haven't thought
of that will prove invaluable for the kidlets when they're between 6 and 12
months old. What was the best "first christmas" present your kids ever
recieved?

What's the best present almost anyone can get? Time!
People who live close can give the gift of time spent with
the kids, perhaps one-on-one, doing something fun (and taking
pictures, and making a photo album for the future, etc.). If
they do it right and you all end up with a night or weekend
to yourselves, so much the better ;-)

This was going to be my suggestion. Even going to the park
can be a great fun experience for everyone and makes a great
"gift." I'd also suggest a zoo membership (if you have a
local zoo) or a membership to a children's museum if one is
available. You could also ask for a gift certificate to a
local Gymboree or baby gym.

Another idea would be to start a collection that
will be continued year after year--start with a bookcase
(maybe even a personalized one) followed by books;
Christmas ornaments (maybe including a nice box to store
them in); a book documenting their first calendar year
(to be followed by a volume each year); etc.

Books are always a good choice, IMHO.

Our son will be 10 months this Christmas and we've
implemented the "One Toy" rule. Family members can buy him
all the toys they want, but only one toy from each family is
coming home with us. We need clothes and books, so we're
guiding people in that direction.

Jennifer in AZ

Christmas gift ideas stellar General 0 November 4th 03 11:05 AM
Christmas decorations -- making with toddlers Marty Billingsley General 22 October 15th 03 06:46 PM