Reality check

Old April 11th 07, 04:52 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

Default Reality check

"teachrmama" wrote in

If each person takes responsibility for his/her own birth control, then
there is far less chance that an unwanted pregnancy will occur.

How difficult is that?

It is very difficult for rational minds to keep control in the heat of the
moment when young hormones are raging.
Might as well try ask a starving person to walk away from a banquet
table!!!!!

The problem for many men is a condom makes it all pointless and clipping
tubes at a young age is out of the question.
Contrary to popular belief, one night stands are not the problem as one
encounter does not equate to one pregnancy every time, else we would have a
much higher birth rate and I would have 40 or more children.

I would say the greater majority of unwanted pregnancies come from steady
relationships, and I fully agree that in a perfect world that both parties
should have a 50/50 share of the responsibility and direct cost of raising
such a child if both agree they do not elect to put the child up for
adoption.

Problem is, both parties rarely agree how to handle an "unwanted" pregnancy
and both are forced into an unplanned parenthood that results in a very
dysfunctional relationship for the child. The government beats it's chest
and then steps in a with it's bloated program and enslaves the male partner
for the next 18 years. What a farce!!!!!!

We live in a very hypocritical society where gambling, smoking, drinking,
homosexuality, and common law marriages are all perfectly legal and morally
acceptable, but you are legally immoral if you walk away from parenthood or
cannot financially afford the extortionate CS rates and you are then classed
in the same category as a rapist, bank robber, murderer and other felonies
involving moral turpitude.

Life in America isn't progressing or getting any better, our parents lived
in a much more prosperous age than we do.
What legacy are we going to leave for our children?

Old April 11th 07, 05:49 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
t...
[...]

I do not disagree with what you have laid out above, DB. I think, however,
that "difficult in the heat of passion" should not be acceptable as an
excuse. THAT is where society has gone wrong across the board! Look at the
drunk driving rates--they've skyrocketed. Because "it's difficult to make
rational decisions when one has been drinking--making the punishments for
driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 is just nor fair." I know people
who have several DUIs, and the consequences have been so minor to them, that
it hasn't even slowed them down. Lives are lost or ruined, but it isn't the
fault of the drinker--and drinking is "moral" in this society, after all.

We have an epidemic of obesity in this country--morbid obesity is the
fastest growing medical problem of the day. It's just too hard not te eat
all the food that is so readily available! So the geniuses in the
government are forcing the food industry to jump through hoops to make their
junk food healthier. And it hasn't even begun to slow down the obesity
trend. It's just too hard NOT to eat when the food is right there.

Debt is swamping millions in the country. Bankruptcies are at an all time
high. Credit is as easy to get as toilet paper. People spend because they
want--it's just too difficult, in the heat of the passion of wanting
something, to think of the money that will be owed tomorrow. Lawmakers have
"solved" this problem by making it harder to get out from under debt with
bankruptcy--and the indebtedness just keeps growing.

We DO need a reality check. We, as a society, need to come to the point
where we understand that "wanting" and "getting" are 2 different things.
And we need to ditch the "heat of passion" argument, and accept the we ARE
responsible for our own choices! And we need to KICK GOVERNMENT OUT of outr
personal lives, and understand that if we are to retain our fast-fading
freedoms, we need to be adult in accepting responsibility---not just in our
demand for what we want!

Old April 11th 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

We DO need a reality check. We, as a society, need to come to the point
where we understand that "wanting" and "getting" are 2 different things.
And we need to ditch the "heat of passion" argument, and accept the we ARE
responsible for our own choices! And we need to KICK GOVERNMENT OUT of
outr personal lives, and understand that if we are to retain our
fast-fading freedoms, we need to be adult in accepting
responsibility---not just in our demand for what we want!

Yes, when is society going to learn that you cannot legislate personal
responsibility?

Your points about credit is valid, many enter into agreements with ease and
without fully realizing the consequences if things don't go right. We don't
dream of the nightmare that happens when we get behind in payments.

A $200 Guitar at $15 a month looks really simple, until you miss a payment
and it goes into collections and they are looking for $600 to cover all
collection fees, interest and court fees.

I thought having a baby with somebody I cared about would be easy too.
Never in my worst nightmare did I imagine
10 years later with $60,000 in arrearages and climbing, a convicted felon
and awaiting deportation any month now.

The government solution is not helping anyone!

Old April 11th 07, 10:59 PM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
t...

"teachrmama" wrote in

[...]

I absolutely agree with you. And there are no easy solutions. For things
to get better, it will haveto be one person at a time accepting
responsibility for their own actions, until we have a grassroots movement
stron enough to overthrow the dictators that our elected officials and their
cronies have become!

Old April 13th 07, 06:48 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

The government solution is not helping anyone!

I absolutely agree with you. And there are no easy solutions. For things
to get better, it will haveto be one person at a time accepting
responsibility for their own actions, until we have a grassroots movement
stron enough to overthrow the dictators that our elected officials and
their cronies have become!

It's too late for me, I'm just another casualty of this insane thinking, but
how many more young lives will this system destroy before they wake up and
realize the destruction that is going on. Government was never meant to have
this kind of power over it's citizens, but they seem to think that they are
not representing us anymore and running the country as they see fit.

Old April 13th 07, 07:16 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
t...

"teachrmama" wrote in

The government solution is not helping anyone!

I absolutely agree with you. And there are no easy solutions. For
things to get better, it will haveto be one person at a time accepting
responsibility for their own actions, until we have a grassroots movement
stron enough to overthrow the dictators that our elected officials and
their cronies have become!

It's too late for me, I'm just another casualty of this insane thinking,
but how many more young lives will this system destroy before they wake up
and realize the destruction that is going on. Government was never meant
to have this kind of power over it's citizens, but they seem to think that
they are not representing us anymore and running the country as they see
fit.

No kidding. We have become what our founding fathers would never have
tolerated. But I do think there is still hope, if we do not let our voices
be silenced.

Old April 14th 07, 10:09 PM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"DB" wrote in message
t...

"teachrmama" wrote in

[...]

Only problem is the legal system that we're supposed to use to defend our
rights is the very system that is attacking us! The only way that I can see
to reclaim our liberty, as Jefferson said, is by bloodshed.

Old April 14th 07, 10:55 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Chris" wrote in

Only problem is the legal system that we're supposed to use to defend our
rights is the very system that is attacking us! The only way that I can
see
to reclaim our liberty, as Jefferson said, is by bloodshed.

I would rather die fighting as a free man than continue this miserable
existence as a meaningless servant to a government system that only knows
how to create human misery. This is not about looking after the children,
it's about money and control.

Attitudes never change until people start dieing, only then will they care
enough to listen!

Old April 15th 07, 05:12 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"teachrmama" wrote in

But I do think there is still hope, if we do not let our voices be
silenced.

The first thing they tell you when arrested, you have the right to remain
silent!

As long as the majority keep silent, they can do as they please.

Old April 15th 07, 06:25 AM posted to alt.child-support
teachrmama

"DB" wrote in message
t...

"teachrmama" wrote in

But I do think there is still hope, if we do not let our voices be
silenced.

The first thing they tell you when arrested, you have the right to remain
silent!

As long as the majority keep silent, they can do as they please.

Unfortunately, that is only too true.