unwelcome belly touching

Old July 18th 04, 03:54 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default unwelcome belly touching

Well it finally happened to me! I can finally join the I Hate It When
People Touch My Belly club! ;-) Short version of the story: family
reunion, everyone felt totally OK about touching my belly without my
permission, and it drove me nuts because it was sore (skin stretched to
the max, here). They especially drove me nuts when they patted the
front, right on the belly button. Ouch! I eventually hid away from
everyone so that they would leave me alone. ;-)
Old July 18th 04, 08:58 AM
Bjay

Hi Vicky,

I didn't see the earlier posts. I'm in America and couldn't go to the
malls without strangers just reaching out and giving me a good Budda rub.

Bjay, Editor
Diabetic Mommy Online Magazine
http://www.diabeticmommy.com

Old July 18th 04, 10:34 AM
Amy

Wait until you have your baby, and then people you don't like try to touch
him...I just about had to fight an ex-supervisor off with a stick the other
day. This woman is a drug addict and in addition to despising her, I'm sure
she had traces of methamphetamines under her fake nails. Noooo waaay those
hands were coming near my daughter, thankyou very much...
Sometimes (just very occasionally!) I wish she were back safe in my belly.
No-one ever really tried to touch me, I think my "Keep Off" vibes are too
strong.

Old July 19th 04, 01:50 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Amy wrote:

I just about had to fight an ex-supervisor off with a stick the other
day. This woman is a drug addict and in addition to despising her, I'm sure
she had traces of methamphetamines under her fake nails. Noooo waaay those
hands were coming near my daughter, thankyou very much...

I don't blame you. I'm going to be the same way (which is going to be
difficult, since there are some people in my family who will be affected
by this, ahem).

Sometimes (just very occasionally!) I wish she were back safe in my belly.
No-one ever really tried to touch me, I think my "Keep Off" vibes are too
strong.

Well I've simply never had the problem until this weekend. I think it's
just because they were family and felt more comfortable. I finally had
to tell some people that it hurts. After that, they left me alone.
Old July 19th 04, 01:53 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Bjay wrote:

Hi Vicky,

I didn't see the earlier posts. I'm in America and couldn't go to the
malls without strangers just reaching out and giving me a good Budda rub.

Well honestly I've never had any problems until it was a bunch of family
all in one spot. ;-) A particular branch of my family is pretty
excitable and they seem to like physical contact a lot - it was these
people who kept doing it. Thankfully, they all live in a different
province, so I won't have to worry about it again. ;-)

miss manners on belly touching, pregnancy -- reposted without permission Vicki S Pregnancy 0 February 23rd 04 07:09 PM
Pain In Belly...? Christine Pregnancy 1 February 21st 04 06:05 PM
Review: Touching the Void (*** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 January 18th 04 12:27 AM
Belly size question.... Kari Pregnancy 5 August 22nd 03 05:31 PM
Patting the belly... Stephanie S Pregnancy 3 July 11th 03 07:07 PM