Another award for EDTA pushers

Old January 27th 06, 08:18 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

Default Another award for EDTA pushers

From the 2005 Millenium Awards

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/histor...2005awards.htm

Quote of the Year

Curtis Tocco
"Majusmaximum"
"JB"

Abubakar Tariq Nadama was a 5-year-old boy who died on August 23, 2005, because his
parents went to a quack who claimed that chelation could cure autism. There was a
three-way tie for Quote of the Year by quackery supporters commenting on his death.

During the year I received an email from a professional anti-vaccination liar named Mary
Tocco. (I called her a professional because she makes a living charging people to hear her
tell lies about vaccines.) Someone named Curtis Tocco (whom I later found was the
egregious Mary's son) wrote me a rather aggressive email using words that, even at my age,
I wouldn't use in front of my mother. We had a short exchange of emails and I ended one
with the following words:

"Have a nice day. Abubakar Tariq Nadama won't be able to do that, because his mother
believed anti-vaccination liars like Mary Tocco and now he's dead".

Curtis Tocco's reply to me appears below. The expression "lol" means "laughing out loud".
He thought that a child's death was a laughing matter.

"lol,Well he probably would have died sooner if he had gotten vaccines".

The second winner was someone too cowardly to use its real name and calling itself
"Majusmaximum", who posted the following message to the Usenet group misc.kids.health:

"The boy who died from EDTA chelation treatment would be just as dead if it had been done
to him for lead poisoning".

Someone signing themself "JB" but using what appeared to be a real and identifiable email
address sent a message to the Evidence of Harm mailing list at Yahoo! in which they
admitted that they were exposing their own child to the same risk from the same form of
quackery. They had this to say about Abubakar:

"He is a true soldier in the struggle we are all facing"
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old January 27th 06, 09:05 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

Reality check:

780,000 killed by allopathy every year in the USA alone

and my award for quack medicine of the century goes to vaccination
http://www.vaccination.org.uk/b/hoax1.html

that kills at least 100 kids every year in the USA alone

From the 2005 Millenium Awards

To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Old January 27th 06, 11:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message

During the year I received an email from a professional anti-vaccination
liar

you lot should know http://www.whale.to/vaccines/ploy5.html talk about
professional! All sitting on the Great Smallpox Lie, the lie of all lies

Repetition of Lies
Lying through ignorance
Vaccine leaflet lies
'Safe' vaccine lie
The 'vaccines are effective' lie
The only way lie
The Smallpox Lie
Vaccines are 'adequately tested' lie
Medical
Diagnosis lie
Epidemic Fearmongering lie
The 'Independent' lie
Lying with the Truth
Lying with silence
Lying by omission
The lies of Allopathy

Old January 27th 06, 08:37 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
From the 2005 Millenium Awards

http://www.ratbags.com/rsolesLIES

snip

Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative
From: (Jan) - Find messages by this author
Date: 03 Dec 2004 00:47:52 GMT
Subject: Quackpot news: FTC Vindicates Hulda Clark....

From: Peter Bowditch
Date: 12/1/2004 11:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: Peter Bowditch
Date: 12/1/2004 7:55 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: Peter Bowditch

Please remember that Clark
and her legal team care about nothing but money.

Please remember that this is an utter lie.Peter doesn't know Hulda, I
do.

have previously explained how she lives and she has no love of money and
fine
things.

Clark did not sue me for defamation. Clark sued me because she claimed
I damaged her income from book sales

So you say.

I refer you to

http://www.healthfreedomlaw.com/Cour...0Lawsuit/Monda...

y23200127.JPG

Much truth then, nothing about you damaging her income from book sales.

http://www.healthfreedomlaw.com/Cour...0Lawsuit/Monda...

y23200128.JPG

Much truth then, nothing about you damaging her income from book sales.

Note that these are not pages on my web site - they belong to Carlos
Negrete.

Your apology is acceptable at any time.

I apologize when one is needed, unlike you.

I refer you to:

http://tinyurl.com/3s7go

and

http://tinyurl.com/4qxyf

and

http://tinyurl.com/63aah

That showed how she values money
over even her reputation.

Wrong.

The lives and welfare
of her victims are of no concern at all to her.

That a total complete despicable lie coming from a liar, himself.

As I have never been shown to be a liar, the last part of that
sentence is meaningless.

Now you are lying again, indeed you have been shown to be a liar and

deceiver.

You never could explain your lies.

If you are referring to my opinion that someone who mentions the death
of a child at the rate of three times a day in order to denigrate
conventional medicine is using the death of the child to denigrate
conventional medicine, then you cannot be referring to a lie of any
kind. You are referring to anopinion backed by facts.

Do post the facts.
===
These are your EXACT words:

Some proponents of "alternative medicine" have tried to make an issue out of
Ben's death, apparently on the basis that a mistake made by real doctors
somehow has something to do with children dying because pretend doctors
treat
them with snake oil.

So far you haven't been able to copy and paste where you got that idea.

And you can't, can you Peter?

So that is LIE # 1.

Then you stated:

You can read about Ben athttp://www.krupnicklaw.com/site/press/healing.htm
This
site belongs tot he lawyers who represented Ben's parents at the time. The
attitude ofthe parents' lawyers stands in stark contrast to the way "

So far you haven't been able to copy and paste WHERE or WHO had this stark
contrast.

And you can't, can you Peter?

So that is LIE # 2

You also stated:

"alternative medicine" supporters attempt to demonise the people who made a
tragic mistake.

So far, you haven't been able to copy and paste who demonized anyone.

And you can't, can you Peter?

So that is LIE # 3.

Jan

--
Peter Bowditch

Old January 27th 06, 10:32 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

"john" wrote in message
Reality check:

780,000 killed by allopathy every year in the USA alone

and my award for quack medicine of the century goes to vaccination
http://www.vaccination.org.uk/b/hoax1.html

I feel I need to comment on the claim children have better nutrition then in
the past. This is not true. Our children have never been fatter than they
are now. Their diet is high in sugars and fats from the large amounts of
nutrient poor Fast Food which is low in nutrition. They eat unhealthy high
fat and high carbohydrate foods like never before. Our children have more
adult-onset diabetes now, starting at younger and younger ages. They are
"overnourished" today on sugar and fat.
In the past children had better balanced meals and drank juice or milk, not
sugar loaded soda pop. They had fruit for snacks or perhaps a home baked
roll or biscuit with butter. Children then were well nourished and slender
for the most part. They did not suffer from obesity, asthma and diabetes as
they do now.

Old January 28th 06, 03:40 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

In article ,
john wrote:
Reality check:

780,000 killed by allopathy every year in the USA alone

Try "unreality check." Your numbers are based on the worthless
"study" by Gary Null et al. It blames all deaths from bedsores
and malnutrition on the doctors.

and my award for quack medicine of the century goes to vaccination
http://www.vaccination.org.uk/b/hoax1.html

that kills at least 100 kids every year in the USA alone

Even if you're right, which would be a first, it saves the lives of
far more than 100.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Old January 28th 06, 07:58 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health

"Täcklô" wrote in message

I feel I need to comment on the claim children have better nutrition then
in the past. This is not true. Our children have never been fatter than
they are now. Their diet is high in sugars and fats from the large
amounts of nutrient poor Fast Food which is low in nutrition. They eat
unhealthy high fat and high carbohydrate foods like never before. Our
children have more adult-onset diabetes now, starting at younger and
younger ages. They are "overnourished" today on sugar and fat.
In the past children had better balanced meals and drank juice or milk,
not sugar loaded soda pop. They had fruit for snacks or perhaps a home
baked roll or biscuit with butter. Children then were well nourished and
slender for the most part. They did not suffer from obesity, asthma and
diabetes as they do now.

True, they are sicker now than the 50's, all due to vaccines and junk food
http://www.whale.to/b/junk.html