Some good faith [LTC manuals]

Old November 5th 06, 10:55 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
Tom St Denis

Default Some good faith [LTC manuals]

As a way to bury the hatchet and do something nice I'm offering a free
printed copy of the LTC manual [signed] to the first 5 (to celebrate
the # of years the project has been going) people to send me an email
with a short snippet of their interest in the LT projects [will remain
private if desired].

For those who haven't been to my website, I'm offering printed copies
of the LTC manual for sale as a way to fund some of the projects I do.
The source of the manual will remain PUBLIC DOMAIN as part of the
archive. The printing is mostly to provide nice printed manuals for
those that work with the library and to raise funds. Since attending
conferences [and providing stipends] and buying hardware costs money it
would be nice if I wasn't fronting all of the costs. I also plan on
bringing copies to the conferences I attend next year as freebies.

I'm waiting on the first draft print [from lulu.com] to examine the
quality of the process. I'm sure it's going to be fine (they're in
business for a reason I imagine). At which point I will edit, refine
and add to the manual for the first printing.

If you're not up for buying it, no worries, the source and PDF will be
part of the source archive that I give out for free. So I'm not
dropping support for the projects [aka Redhat model].

As a cheap plug, I've added [with help from Andreas Lange] PKCS #1 v1.5
support back in, fixed a dozen or so other bugs [another minor GCM bug
as well], and am in the middle of adding XCBC support right now [aka
RFC 3566].

Tom

N.B. mm if you'd like a copy don't hestitate to ask.

http://libtomcrypt.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Cryptography-D.../dp/1597491047