Real Moms

Old October 22nd 06, 01:03 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
lisa

Default Real Moms

I created a message board, for moms in general called "real moms" . its
brand new, so no members yet, but hoping to change that

I called it real moms because I want it to be a place thats not so fake...
Ive been on some message boards where you never hear the mom swearing about
their kid(s) or venting about the challenges of being a parent in fear of
being judged or coming off the wrong way, so i created this board hoping to
find other women who aren't afraid of showing their real sides and without
the fear of being labelled a bad parent.... There's also a section for
pregnancy

anyway, if that sounds interesting to you, i'd love for you to come check it
out:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/realmoms

IF not, that's cool too, maybe we can just email or something, i have a 3
year old and a 3 month old, and am always up for making new friends

See you around

Old October 22nd 06, 01:09 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
lisa

Okay, so I'll admit that I kind of posted this without really reading some
of the topics you all are talking about, so I wanted to apologize for that.

But I also wanted to say, alot of you sound really cool and exactly the type
of people I'd like to have on my board. I'm not "spamming" my board to take
people AWAY from places like this, only to hopefully add to their resources,
and unfortunately, I guess to say it bluntly, I am spamming. To put it more
nicely, and they way I hope it to be seen, is more of an invite, and not
spam...

but anyway, I hope to see some of you there, it'd be great to have some of
the type discussions you are all having.

-Lisa

Old October 22nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
lisa

I guess because misery loves company? lol no, im not really looking for
"angry frustrated women" (if I wanted that, I'd create a man haters board!
lol), I just don't want fake moms that think they're the perfect parent with
angel children, and it seems that the moms who actually show their
frustrations are the most real parents out there. If that makes sense... if
not, just roll your eyes and carry on ;-)

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 00:03:42 GMT, "lisa"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I created a message board, for moms in general called "real moms" . its
brand new, so no members yet, but hoping to change that

I called it real moms because I want it to be a place thats not so fake...
Ive been on some message boards where you never hear the mom swearing
about
their kid(s) or venting about the challenges of being a parent in fear of
being judged or coming off the wrong way, so i created this board hoping
find other women who aren't afraid of showing their real sides and without
the fear of being labelled a bad parent....

Eek!
A board of frustrated, angry moms?
And you're looking for more?

Why?

Old October 22nd 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
lisa

Very interesting, and I agree with you 100%, thank you for the link also,
but I have to ask, why did you feel the need to present that to me? Did I
somehow give off that I think otherwise?

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:10:21 GMT, "lisa"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

I guess because misery loves company?

Ah. Did you have a different idea of motherhood before you became a
mother?

lol no, im not really looking for "angry frustrated women"

It sounded like that. I'm glad it's not going to give *that* particular
picture of motherhood to the world.

(if I wanted that, I'd create a man haters board! lol),

um... ok.

I just don't want fake moms that think they're the perfect parent with
angel children, and it seems that the moms who actually show their
frustrations are the most real parents out there. If that makes sense...
if
not, just roll your eyes and carry on ;-)

Oooh nasty.

The thing is, ruminating doesn't seem to help. In fact, it is more
likely to make things worse.

Any job can be frustrating. Motherhood is no different. It isn't the
children who make the job what it is. It is the lack of support... in
the home, in the community, and by the government.

We hear one message - mothers are irreplacable, they have value. But
who's the first person to blame when a child develops a behavior
problem? Ever wonder why that is?

When society gets its act together and stops mouthing words about family
values and starts putting a plan into action to *support* families...
taking away economic penalties, ensuring medical and mental health care,
increasing the availability of flex work hours, a decent
maternity/paternity leave, supporting parental rights, improving our
schools, improving nutrition, removing biohazards, making neighborhoods
safe for families, creating recreation areas, providing quality daycare,
and making the family court system manageable, then mothers and fathers
will be better able to care for their children.

There are online groups that are trying to make changes in support of
families but it's awfully difficult to get anything concrete done.
"Stay-at-home" parents are less in number... they are afforded little to
no support... they have no economic safety net should something happen
to his/her spouse. It's become foolhardy to "just" raise children. That
has to change. Working parents are just too darn busy to get involved.
"Good parenting" should include both parents being able to work without
one feeling like he/she is a failure. I would challenge the government
to stop saying, "Our children are our future" and start behaving like
that's true.

Anyway... there are some websites that support change.
Some are radical. Some offer a perspective of what could be if we make
it so. The majority of adults are parents.

Here's one that you may want to start on:

http://www.motherhoodproject.org/?cat=23

Change is necessary at a higher level than just one person, one family,
or one couple in order to decrease the frustration for individual
parents.

IMHO.

real moms lisa Solutions 0 October 22nd 06 01:01 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 August 30th 05 05:25 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 October 29th 04 05:23 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 September 29th 04 05:17 AM